It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reason Number One Arizona's Law is an Attack on US Citizens.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Imprtracr1

do mean in america or scotland?

scotland doesnt have that much of an immigratiuon problem, alot of forigners coming over but most are EU citizens hence not illegal immigrants.

anyway, their not doing no damage, their making life a bit more colourful and paying tax to the uk ! so really not all bad... also, i cant say ive ever seen an immigrant in scotland (or even uk) who has not been in work or at collage/uni .. and even then still working!

althought people like the sun or SNP would like you to think differently!"

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 07:03 AM
link   
I just wanted to comment because of something that happened to me a few days ago.

I was going to a convenience store about 2:30 AM, and a policeman sitting in the parking lot turned on his lights, stopped me at the door entrance, asked for my ID.

While I was waiting, another police car pulled up.

The two officers spent about five minutes asking me questions -- where did I live? Had I been drinking? What I was doing out late at night?

Then they released me. They didn't apologize. They told me to have a nice night.

I am a Caucasian. I have lived in that particular area for years.

It was a little embarrassing. But I considered it one of the minor troubles you put up with in order to live in a safe society. I just assumed they were looking for someone else. In fact, I totally forgot about it until I read this thread.

I just wanted to let you know that white people are stopped also. It's not necessarily a racial thing.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by richierich

Sure, in your world of limited awareness, it certainly seems simple. but life is NOT simple, it is complex. You cannot refute the fact that cops will surely run into many citizens who are legit but do not have the ' proper ' papers on them and will be run in. it has already started.

There was a case made noteworthy in that it is the beginning of the police state nonsense we knew was coming: A citizen who looks mexican was held after being arrested to ID him....his wife had to bring his papers down and prove he was a US citizen....and if you fail to see the problem with that, then you are indeed the enemy and will be counted with the cops when things really heat up.

As in the above post and your "example," much depends upon the "totality of circumstances."
In the previous post, it is 2:30 A.M. and a (supposed) lone attendant in a convenience store that justify a brief "stop and ask." As for the husband, so what? Why was he stopped? Under what circumstances?

Offered as criticism of SB 1070; it is, once again, purely made-up trash to justify an unsupportable position.

MYTH!

If people read SB 1070, we wouldn't have such crap being pandered as fact.

The Law doesn't take effect 'til THIS SUMMER!

So, any such "examples" are pure nonsense at best, and more likely, DISINFORMATION!

Sickening ignorance and pure deception seem to be the best possible responses SB 1070's opponents can muster.

deny ignorance!

jw

[edit on 23-5-2010 by jdub297]

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Axial Leader

That's what people don't get:

This happens all the time!

But, because you're white, or because you are a citizen, people will say it doesn't matter. Somehow asking questions of people that have the answers is not a problem, only asking questions of people that can't answer the question and/or doesn't have the proper identification makes it wrong.

The truth is, if a person is in this country legally they have the proper paperwork and know the proper answers. The only people that can't supply this information are those that don't have it.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I'm slightly annoyed when cops stop me, but I appreciate them doing their job. I would be more annoyed if they were not checking up on strangers coming into my neighborhood.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I'm slightly annoyed when cops stop me, but I appreciate them doing their job. I would be more annoyed if they were not checking up on strangers coming into my neighborhood.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by WXBackdoor
Reason Number One Arizona's Law is an Attack on US Citizens:

An American Citizen that looks Hispanic/Asian/Middle-Eastern will be stop by the police and asked to show documents.( AKA Police Sate)

Simple as that , this Law is a direct attack on American Citizens (and THEY ARE protected by the constitution).

(But I'm sure white-middle America doesn't care because it does not affect them)

Link

[edit on 22-5-2010 by WXBackdoor]

It doesn't matter what color you are if you are puled over (for anything) you have to prove that your a citizen. White-middle america??? Your nothing but a racist fool.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by richierich

Sure, in your world of limited awareness, it certainly seems simple. but life is NOT simple, it is complex. You cannot refute the fact that cops will surely run into many citizens who are legit but do not have the ' proper ' papers on them and will be run in. it has already started.

Not sure why you assume I have limited awareness...you might be suprised...

There was a case made noteworthy in that it is the beginning of the police state nonsense we knew was coming: A citizen who looks mexican was held after being arrested to ID him....his wife had to bring his papers down and prove he was a US citizen....and if you fail to see the problem with that, then you are indeed the enemy and will be counted with the cops when things really heat up.

Unless cops have reason to believe you are illegal, then they must assume you are not....NOT make you prove your innocence. Anything else is the beginning of the end, and time to get locked and loaded, and ready to resist and restore the constitution.

This law has already been a federal law for a long time, and what you suggest the future holds for us this law will have zero affect on it. As you see it, all this will happen with or without the law. To empower the people at the state level with their vote to control a state level problem that affects them personally is what we are all about and what our forefather’s hoped America to be. Small foot print of the federal and larger foot prints of the state is what they saw as the perfect fit. Ariz has voted and so be it.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
The Arizona law protects the civil rights of Americans. They can only stop you if they have a cause to do so...speeding, etc. Then they determine if you are a citizen. Only citizens have Arizona and US rights...that is what civil rights mean...rights of Citizens. If I am a citizen paying taxes which I am I certainly want people breaking the law found accountable.

The Definition of Civil as in Civil Rights.....See Arizona is 100% in the right.

1. Of, relating to, or befitting a citizen or citizens: civil duties.
2. Of or relating to citizens and their interrelations with one another or with the state: civil society; the civil branches of government.
international regulations or proceedings.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
The issue is the federal governments lack of action when it comes to illegale immigration. It always has been, and always will be. Tell me for those who are against this law, and the 17 other states that are considering similiar laws, what do you think the issue is about? Do you think that the current status quo is fine? Is rape, kidnapping, murder, people risking life and limb, extortion, sex trafficing, black mail, threats to family members, slavery, id theft, and crimes against people who did nothing more than be at the wrong place at the wrong time, is that ok? Would it matter if it was your child who was hit by a drunk driver, who was in the country illegally? Or maybe how about your sister, would it be alright and we should forgive someone who rapes her? Or how about someone who breaks into your house, steals your goods and then leaves, is that alright? Or would it matter that you can not go out at night, in your own yard, for fear of being assulted and having to live in fear of those passing by at night? It is not the AZ state law that is at the heart of the issue here, but the federal governments refusal to enforce the laws on the books, and making promises of immigration reform. If you consider, and I have seen the reports, that in Tuscon, in one year, had apprehended over 600 illegale immigrants a day. Arizona did not take this action lightly, rather they sought for the federal government to take action and enforce the laws of the country, to which they have not. Amnesty is not an answer, the last 2 times it was offered, all it did was mean that there was a surge of illegale immigrants from over the boarder to take advantage to such. The country can not afford to hold or take these people in and the issues of national security is at hand here. People who are against the AZ state law scream it is a violation of human rights, yet do not want to admit that many of the illegale immirgrants who come into this country are not only breaking federal laws, but are often victims of said human right violations and often committ further crimes once here, to get that job that they so desire. Then there are the legale immigrants, those who endured to get here, and went through the legal means to become full citizens of this country, do you think it is fair to them that they had to do that, spend thousands of dollars and work hard to become citizens, that we would give a pass to another?
The ID issue. I laughed hard when they mention about such, the reality is that no matter where you go, there are times you have to show some form of legal identification. You can not purchase age control products without showing such, if you drive you have to have a drivers liscence and if you are caught without such, or have no id, the police can detain you until they can verify who you are. Employers require that you provide documents before you get hired, and it has to be verified.
So tell me what is kinder, a government who is protecting its citizens and trying to make a difference and actually enforce the laws, or one that does nothing and end up with a city that is the kidnapping capital of the country, and number 2 in the world, where the people who are often having this done against them are illegale immigrants by illegale immigrants?

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   

...merican Citizen that looks Hispanic/Asian/Middle-Eastern will be stop by the police and asked ...

Learn to spoke Engrish. That should be " An American Citizen that looks Hispanic/Asian/Middle-Eastern will be stopped by the police "

Hell, even if I was as white as a snow I'd gladly welcome your "Police State" profiling me, 'cause I got nothing to hide. Just saying ... if it'll make their jobs easier.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I cannot get over people not being able to consider the bigger picture. the implications of leaving the border open are far greater than " lets pick on someone because of their race."

Here is a look at what is really at stake.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
The main reason why Arizona Passed the bill so they can enforce what ICE would fail to do. Because of the federal system's lax response, Illegals reign free without ever worrying about the consequences.

This Last Video should help you figure out that the support for Arizona Laws spans many races.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   
If you actually take time to read the bill, unlike obama, holder and the gang , you will realize it is illegal to profile people.

www.foxnews.com...

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Imprtracr1

Pearl Harbor = Arizona
Japanese = Hispanic
War = Immigration Issue
Rest = History

[edit on 24-5-2010 by mryanbrown]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alien Mind

Originally posted by WXBackdoor
Reason Number One Arizona's Law is an Attack on US Citizens:

An American Citizen that looks Hispanic/Asian/Middle-Eastern will be stop by the police and asked to show documents.( AKA Police Sate)

Simple as that , this Law is a direct attack on American Citizens (and THEY ARE protected by the constitution).

(But I'm sure white-middle America doesn't care because it does not affect them)

Link

[edit on 22-5-2010 by WXBackdoor]

It doesn't matter what color you are if you are puled over (for anything) you have to prove that your a citizen. White-middle america??? Your nothing but a racist fool.

Racists?

(I'm white-European you fool)

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dbriefed

you would be more than slightly annoyed if a cop stopped, harrassed and intimidated you because YOU were the ' stranger'. Shame on you!!

Just because someone you do not know comes into your neighborhood you want a cop to ' check them out'? Unless someone breaks the law, they do not NEED checking out....when cops check people out they insist on questioning them in deatil about personal matters, and the cops have NO right to that info. I wish a cop would dare ask me to explain myself....ha! He would get a earful of law and about his pending lawsuit as well.

i NEVER answer anything from any flatfooted thug cop....I tell them all they need to know is on my paperwork...the last time some cop asked me ; " Where are you headed?"....I said " It is none of your goddamned business where I am going...if you want to find out you can tail me....are you finisheed with me yet?" He found out who is in charge...ME!

Never let a cop get his ego fluffed...all he is is a paid excuse for social control...and his rights stop where mine begin.

Cops ALWAYS abuse the people....and this law is just an excuse to hassle people of color some more.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
*removed* *Apparently I was being a hypocrite*

So, I guess all I will say is that you should really lose that chip on your shoulder.

Originally posted by richierich

Originally posted by Dbriefed

you would be more than slightly annoyed if a cop stopped, harrassed and intimidated you because YOU were the ' stranger'. Shame on you!!

Just because someone you do not know comes into your neighborhood you want a cop to ' check them out'? Unless someone breaks the law, they do not NEED checking out....when cops check people out they insist on questioning them in deatil about personal matters, and the cops have NO right to that info. I wish a cop would dare ask me to explain myself....ha! He would get a earful of law and about his pending lawsuit as well.

i NEVER answer anything from any flatfooted thug cop....I tell them all they need to know is on my paperwork...the last time some cop asked me ; " Where are you headed?"....I said " It is none of your goddamned business where I am going...if you want to find out you can tail me....are you finisheed with me yet?" He found out who is in charge...ME!

Never let a cop get his ego fluffed...all he is is a paid excuse for social control...and his rights stop where mine begin.

Cops ALWAYS abuse the people....and this law is just an excuse to hassle people of color some more.

[edit on 25-5-2010 by Acid_Burn2009]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Acid_Burn2009

So, I guess all I will say is that you should really lose that chip on your shoulder.

Well good for you for reminding people not to get overly emotional when they post, we should never keep any form of grudge for anything anyone says, does, or otherwi-

you will just retort with more mentally retarded rhetoric.

Bwah?

...but you just...said...and then you....

Excuse me, I need to try to figure out how to put my palm through my face.

At least it is good to see hypocrisy live on here at ATS

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
You must have read that backwards.

There ya' go Spectre.
I'm just going to bow out of this one now because it is going to turn into a 50 page thread full of arguments where no one can see anyone else's point. I guess I should know that by now on ATS.

Originally posted by SpectreDC
reply to post by Acid_Burn2009

Well good for you for reminding people not to get overly emotional when they post, we should never keep any form of grudge for anything anyone says, does, or otherwi-

you will just retort with more mentally retarded rhetoric.

Bwah?

...but you just...said...and then you....

Excuse me, I need to try to figure out how to put my palm through my face.

At least it is good to see hypocrisy live on here at ATS

[edit on 25-5-2010 by Acid_Burn2009]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join