It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Everything in that marsh is DEAD tonight!" --Obama's Katrina.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Then is it not time we change the fact of greed. We have the tech to live in a Venus Project world.

IS it not time to start looking it over to change to it before Atlantis blows up as I read it could today. another PB rig in the gulf doing the same thing.

Originally posted by Asherah
It's a disgusting and tragic display of greed, and we are all guilty.

If BP can't get this under control by the weekend, then our govt needs to step in. My God, are they really going to sit by while BP continues to FAIL?

Who in their right mind would sit by and just watch this. Oh YAY we can get online and watch a live feed of this poison being pumped in our ocean 24/7!

I mean, my heart breaks, but this is nothing new in our country. History repeats itself over and over. The earth is raped repeatedly..... all for greed.

And, if our leader, our president of the united states is inept at handling this disaster, THEN GET SOMEONE WHO CAN. Logic tells me that they don't give a damn.

Oh well, it's just an......ocean. We can always get another one of those.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymoux
reply to post by Southern Guardian

Southern Guardian you know what the wise say "Don't feed the trolls".

I see your point under certain circumstances, but sometimes its best to hold these people to what they say personally. I am not concerned about me contributing to the size of his/her thread or how many flags/stars the OP gets. I am only concerned about the facts and the truth, and the OP explaining his or her position.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian
I am only concerned about the facts and the truth, and the OP explaining his or her position.

That would require you to actually read my position, which you obviously haven't done. You're railing against points I've never made and failing to acknowledge the ones I have.

I don't know whether you are doing that intentionally or not, but I'm not much interested in playing.

I'll let all of my posts stand as they are...

...where you get off...

What? Are you going to beat me up?

When you've read more fully what I have written, and actually want to have a civil discussion, then maybe we'll have something to discuss.

[edit on 23-5-2010 by loam]

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   
The first storm is forming outside of the Carolina's.

It is hurricane.accuweather.com...

The watch has started for the canes.

Originally posted by unruly1
If everything goes the way it has for the past MONTH!
Here's what we have to look forward too.

www.google.ca...:en-us:IE-SearchBox&oe=UTF-8&rlz=1I7SKPB_en&redir_esc=&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=univ&ei=8Lz3S_v BGIT78AaCkLnQCg&sa=X&oi=image_result_group&ct=title&resnum=7&ved=0CEEQsAQwBg

Once this gets into the Gulf Stream and believe me it will the destruction will be Biblical!

Now lets all keep an eye on this site becuase once the inevitable Hurricanes start the oil will cover the entire SE US and more.

www.nhc.noaa.gov...

SHAME ON AMERICA FOR NOT DOING EVERYTHING IN IT'S POWER AND MORE!

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by loam
That would require you to actually read my position,

Which is what again? Blaming the president in part for this oil spill? This was an oil corporation that had an oil rig based in international waters, and somehow this administration is blamed for why 'everything is dead in the marsh'.

You still have not fully explained your position. What could the president have done in the case of the oil affecting the marshlands?

You're railing against points I've never made

So you not blaming the president for this oil spill affecting the marshlands?

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   
jesus, why do lots of ATS people always bash on Obama even for this disaster ?? he came in office with the legislation he got from the Bush period no ? who was in power for 8 years before Obama ? who were the people that wanted to drill everywhere around, who did permit those firms like BP to drill without all security equipment needed as we have in Europ legislation.
Is our dear friend Cheeney with his Haliburton not around also ?
Those firms were fighting against new security legislation, because it would cost them too much money to adapt their systems !!! it's all about capitalism and neo-liberalism, make as much money as you can !! do not care about the population, about health, about our children ! just make as much mega-profits as possible all for the shareholders, it may cost nothing more than strictly necessary but afterwards all the losses and misery are for the taxpayers ! No more democracy in USA, just corporatism power with possibility to give lots of money to the politicians so they can influence their laws making ...
the world is gone, its beauty is petrol stinking dying but dollars will not give us this back .. No fish any longer in the oceans says UNO in 30 years if we continue to fish as much as we do now, but I think in 10 years there will be no longer good fish because of pollution, only petrol stinking fish for you !

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   

I'm not doing your reading for you.

Next.

EDIT to add:

Here, read this. It will save you time.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   

I'm not doing your reading for you.

Gut and run, as usual. You would like to somehow blame this president for an oil spill that occured in international waters and yet you yourself cannot explain as to what the president should have done.

Its a shame you know? How much people like you will use such a tragic situation to score a desperate partisan attack.

[edit on 23-5-2010 by Southern Guardian]

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   
US Government Bills BP 1 trillion dollars in fines...pockets the money for itself instead of cleaning up the environment. Spends the said money on more wars, we get the Government we deserve.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Its a shame you know? How much people like you will use such a tragic situation to score a desperate partisan attack.

You're hopeless.

You know? People aren't as stupid as you think.
I'm fairly confident that anyone who reads this thread, or my posts, will conclude I am not the one making the "desprate partisan attack."

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   

I guess Carville is being partisan too, huh?

He doesn't seem to like what is happening either.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

Loam.....

As per Carville:

“BP is doing everything it can to avoid liability. Tony Heywood.....he needs to lawyer up & shut up & write cheques. The only thing the world should be interested in with BP is their bank account!”.....James Carville

Yup.....

That video reinforced my earlier thoughts as posted:

Obama isn’t showing leadership.....

BP doesn’t know how to sort all this out.....

It’s just a massive, massive, massive mess...... :shk:

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 02:26 AM
link   
I am starting to believe that the leak is much worse than we are being led to believe. At first I wrote it off to big oil greed in that they were trying to salvage their operation at the expense of some environmental damage.

Now I believe we have passed the point of the "greed" conspiracy and are entering the "they don't have a f*cking clue how to stop this geyser monster" they have created! By the way didn't they say initially there were multiple leaks??

Clean energy could be our reality if we all want it. Might be too late...

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 02:34 AM
link   
So far there does not seem to be any evidence to blame Obama on this spill. After all we know BP is responsible for paying the cost and doing the cleanup.

In my opinion Obama is saving our tax dollars from being wasted, and he has done this alot that is why I think he is doing a good job.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Although i am dutch and not living in amerika, i want to make a comment

Here i read about who is to blame and who is responsible for it and meanwile the oil is destroying coastlines and the gulf.
Aren't we all responsible for that?
I mean, if there is a house on fire, the fire must be extinguished, not talk about who did it or who is to blame.
If we only talk, the house burns down and it is as much our blame as anyone else because we didn't act.
I dont understand why taxpayer dollars should be saved, when it is a far better goal to use it on solving the oil spill than bailing out big banks and the rich

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sunlionspirit
jesus, why do lots of ATS people always bash on Obama even for this disaster ??

It might have something to do with the fact that he has done nothing to stop torture nad murder by americans. He talked weeks before about allowing more off shore drilling(the hypocrites in the press would of went mental over it if bush had said that and this happened, i hated bush also by the way).

The press are all full of hypocrites who got this man in, in a one way election here he ran against a loser in mccain on purpose.

The press are such hypocrites.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 04:34 AM
link   

You know? People aren't as stupid as you think.
I'm fairly confident that anyone who reads this thread,

I am sure people are stupid enough to believe based on reading this thread that the president is at fault for this oil spill. Either stupid or desperate enough to throw a political tantrum over this administration.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 05:03 AM
link   
What do the all anti-Obama folks excpect him to do?
Miracoulously collect all the oil with his bare hands? Would that make him competent enough?

He did everything he could, it's up to BP and the emergeny state services to try their best to contain this thing (which they ARE doing).

Not everything is a conspiracy.

[edit on 23-5-2010 by BlackShark]

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Regardless of who is to blame - this thing is very sad.

Over the last couple of weeks I have been reading thread after thread and post after post with 2 sides... one saying - it's not that bad, and others saying its the end of the world....

I'm no expert but will take the middle ground 'it's flippin serious, going to screw a lot of things up but not the end of the ocean'. To those directly effected it's extremely sad.... and my hope if the rest of the world won't be directly effected but only time is going to tell.... let's all hope and pray they can cap this quickly.

The next couple of weeks are going to be quite key I feel, along with what the weather does....

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   
What could the president have done? What should he be doing?
1. Communicate with the American people on what the problem is, how it happened exactly, and what is being planned to correct it.
2. Immediately get a group together of the best and brightest from around the world regardless of WHAT country they represent.
3. Keep the press informed of successes/failures and ask the press to pass this info on if the president is unable to do so personally.
4. Publicly challenge the oil companies to use all available resources to stop the leak or the U.S. will do so and bill them collectively for damages and future insurance payments.
5. Cancel all unnecessary activities until this situation is resolved.

Be a leader.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join