It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops: Learning disabled boy, 14, got vulgar body ink against his will

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Cops: Learning disabled boy, 14, got vulgar body ink against his will

www.thesmokinggun.com

A 14-year-old New Hampshire boy was tattooed against his will by a group of fellow high school students who told the victim that they would no longer pick on him if he agreed to the inking. According to an arrest warrant affidavit, on May 10 the teenager was enticed to a Concord home, where the words "Poop Dick" and a drawing of a penis were tattooed across his buttocks. The boy told investigators that one of his assailants warned that "he was going to get the tattoo whether he liked it or not."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   
How messed up are kids these days? Oh wait! They aren't kids...They're 20 year old high school students. That explains a lot now doesn't it.

I hope these kids (adults) spend time in prison and become subject to communal showers and prison tattooing. Then the words "Poop Dick" won't be so funny to them...

www.thesmokinggun.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   
this is the sort of incident that begs for lex talionis punishments

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Portugoal

They look like such nice boys.

It's comparable to a racial lynching.. not only should they be charged with a hate crime (there was mention of one of the kids having a swastika tattoo) but they should be sent the bill for the lazer surgery to get them removed. The school should also be held liable for any bullying that it allowed on school grounds.

[edit on 21-5-2010 by riley]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   

There are not enough facepalms on the internet...

Seriously, these hashmarks of humanity are all adults - and they're picking on a 14 year old? Maybe it's just me, but when I was 19, I didn't even notice 14 year-olds. They were like mobile houseplants or something, just not worth notice.

Real crop of winners here.

They're going to have fun in prison, too.

Bunkmate: "So, kid, what are you in here for?"
Punkass: "I tattooed 'poop dick' on a 14 year old's butt."

Yeah, they're going to be popular.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Sounds like a hate crime to me.
I do wonder where the parents were for all of the involved.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

You can't always blame the parents.

This was lunchtime on a school day. The older kids took the victim to an empty house and did this about midday. Doubtless the parents thought the kids were safe at school.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 02:41 AM
link   
I wonder many schools and teachers are involved in the bullying.

Often teachers and schools are working together to bully young kids. I have seen it, and it does make you think about social services, and do they want some people targeted.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 03:19 AM
link   
You have to love how the one is wearing a D.A.R.E. T-shirt. It will be funny if they get their rears “tattooed” with the same thing only real.

They are so going to love having a roommate that will “protect” them from the others.

Raist

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Kailassa

You're right you can't always blame the parents and in this case the ugly crew were at school away from their parents but I do know that if I'd have done this my mum would have given me a beasting.

I guess the boys' parents should have instilled a few morals into their kids... but at the same time young boys will be boys, no matter how educated these turds are group peer pressure can lead to behaviour that isn't the norm in some people.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 04:08 AM
link   

These little turds need some..

Sad world we live in.. waste of oxygen if you ask me.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by and14263

And getting a beating from their moms is exactly why these poor kids have done this to this poor kid.

They are dishing out their pain, from the physical and emotional abuse their parents gave to them, on another.

That's what happens when parents use violence and emotional manipulation to control their children.

The source of violence is almost always violence.

Edit - and now these kids will be punished for the lasting effects of their parents inadequacies and that punishment will in turn, cause them to become more violently and/or emotional destabilised and will continue the destructive circle these kids are in.

[edit on 21/5/10 by Horza]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 04:19 AM
link   

...weird story.. 20 years old and in high school? .. god I'm honestly impressed they spelled poop correctly..

Can you really be the old in high school? .. I was turning 19 when I graduated, (about a month after) and I was one of the oldest students.. hmm ..

reply to post by Horza

I agree mate.. then again, a good beating once in a while and they probably wouldn't be 20 years old in high school..

[edit on 5/21/2010 by Rockpuck]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 04:24 AM
link   
That's what I don't understand, how can they still be in high school 2-4 after they should have done their exams and gone to college. Actually, by now, they should all have been at Uni.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

I agree mate.. then again, a good beating once in a while and they probably wouldn't be 20 years old in high school..

[edit on 5/21/2010 by Rockpuck]

NO!

ENOUGH!

A good beating once in a while is exactly why they are 20 and at still in high school.

A good beating once in a while is exactly why the world is full of sheeple.

A good beating once in a while is exactly why we kill each other everyday.

A child should never, ever be violently oppressed.

The "Look at me, I turned out all right" excuse can be used no longer. Look around you ... we did not turn out all right!

Children and therefore our societies future can not be allowed to settle for mediocrity any longer.

We may have no or little control over many things that effect out lives, but we always have control over the amount of love we can show each other and, by far most importantly, over the amount of love, compassion and patience we show our children.

And we must give it all freely and in abundance!!!

... or we are doomed ...

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Horza

Sorry maybe I should clarify... I said 'beasting' not 'beating'. It's a dressing down. Kids need to be taught morals and shown right from wrong, I didn't mean to say I think they should be beaten.

Child abuse certainly does lead to some messed up children, however discipline/morals need to be taught. The debate on how to do this goes on forever: physical enforcement, verbal reasoning, bribing, talking to children on the same level. Whatever, I guess it's down to the fact morals are fading, respect is dissapearing and parents are getting younger, more irresponsible and less educated.

So no I don't advocate beatings but at the same time I know my step father who received a clip round his ear when he played up was probably a lot more respectful than children today who are allowed to run riot.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Horza

Where in that article does it mention that this horrific business is the fault of parental beating? Aha, it doesn't. Talk about making a massive assumption.

You do realise you can be the best parent to your abilities, never once striking your child, and they will STILL end up in bad company and do something like this.

Oh, but it's so easy to blame the parents. I would understand that argument if maybe it was only two people involved, but it's a lot more than that, and at their ages they should know better, regardless of how they were brought up. They are legally classified as adults for a good reason, and they were quite obviously tormenting this fourteen year old for their own sadistic kicks and to keep in with their little crowd.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by and14263

I did think that you meant beating, which is what triggered my reaction.

The debate on how to teach children about respect and morals is actually only recently being taken seriously and has only been discussed for a very brief part of our history.

The effects of physical and emotional abuse on our society as a whole has only just started to become understood - like the effect of German child rearing practices in the early 20th century had on the rise of the Nazi party.

It was only 50 odd years ago that international law recognised the child as an individual and not as property of their parent.

In the US and the UK parents are still legally allowed to use a belt to discipline their child. If you used a belt to protect yourself from an attacker you can be sued, but there is no consequence for using a belt on a child!

And the message this passes on to the child and then onto it's children and so on, is what is the root of the cause of the strife on this world.

You said it in your post. Talking to children on the same level is one of the best ways of discussing things with a child. Yes, you may have to repeat yourself and yes you may have to do it several times, but the result is the development of a relationship based on mutual respect and not on fear.

Morals and respect have never been in our society at all ... look at our history for the example.

There is nothing moral about using force to control children or to emotionally manipulate children for ones own gain.

In our history the Adult has almost never respected the Child and yet we demand respect from them with no justification!?

The reason children "run riot" today is because previous generations have not left us with the emotional maturity to be able to communicate with them properly.

So we have to work at it, we have to strive and win the hard won struggle within to become capable of doing more than just disciplining our children to make them "Good members of society.

It takes work and there is a lot more to do especially when our fast food society just wants to wack them back into line so we can get back to our own selfish little lives.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by invetro

The article doesn't have to. It is a fact that child abuse at home still remains a systemic issue that we, as a society, have not yet reached a emotional maturity to deal with and stamp it out completely ... the good news is that we are working on it.

And yes, in a country that legalises child abuse in the home, it is not only the parents fault but the fault of the whole system.

For example, under California law,

"... a parent has the right to reasonably discipline a child by physical punishment and may administer reasonable punishment without being liable for battery. In order to be considered disciplinary the punishment must:"

Be necessary (i.e. there it must be in response to a child's negative behavior).
Be reasonable, not excessive, in the judgment of a third party -- e.g. a Child Protective Services representative, or a law enforcement officer. 1

source

Who chooses what is reasonable?

An individual, who is likely to have been beaten themselves and have been desensitised to the suffering it causes.

I agree with you that in today's world, of course your child can still end up in bad company no matter how hard you try.

But that is the whole point about ridding ourselves of these last vestiges of the socially accepted child abuse that has permeated our history so that the bad company becomes few and far between.

Then the bad company may end up in good company.

Do any of you think that this kind of behaviour is an isolated incident?

Bullying in school is a major problem in the UK, the US and Australia.

Over 75% of high school students in the US have reported some kind of abuse.

source

What does that say about the way we rear out children?

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 06:09 AM
link   
I would not be surprised at all if social services organize harassment for particular kids at school.

These scum really are the pits, so who knows, but they are rotten to the core.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join