It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops: Learning disabled boy, 14, got vulgar body ink against his will

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

They're going to have fun in prison, too.

Bunkmate: "So, kid, what are you in here for?"
Punkass: "I tattooed 'poop dick' on a 14 year old's butt."

Yeah, they're going to be popular.

Man, that was funny!

L2

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Horza

I find your posts in this thread very intriguing because you are part wrong (or, incomplete may be a better word) and definitely part right. Violence begets violence. But it manifests itself in many ways.

To me, this type of violence - group violence- is a result of no discipline. Individual violence, on the other hand, results in committing lone, solitary acts of violence, such as serial killers.

But you have started a very interesting discussion.
Maybe you could create a whole thread on your views. Please notify me if you do.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

And I would love to have you aboard!

Yes, unfortunately the info I have started to touch on here is in complete and I have been planning to make a thread on the effects that parenting has had on our history for a while ... it is quite a controversy ... and I am very interested to hear what the ATS community will have to say on this

I'll send you a message when it is up ...

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Horza

You've certainly done some good thinking on this subject.

I'd be grateful if you could let me know too if it's not too much trouble. Thanks.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I'm having a tough time telling who was developmentally challenged.

The kid who was assaulted by four adults or the four adults? Their appearance, blank expressions, humorous view toward "Poop Dick" do not exactly lend one to believe they are walking around with IQ's higher than 70.

My guess is they caught the kid reading a book and their "tard-rage" got the best of them. I imagine a string of: "You think you're better than me?" lines were heard.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by and14263
reply to post by Kailassa

You're right you can't always blame the parents and in this case the ugly crew were at school away from their parents but I do know that if I'd have done this my mum would have given me a beasting.

I guess the boys' parents should have instilled a few morals into their kids... but at the same time young boys will be boys, no matter how educated these turds are group peer pressure can lead to behaviour that isn't the norm in some people.

I was replying to a guy who implied the parents should have been supervising these kids.

I'm on the fence regarding parental guilt in general because I see all too often people blaming the parents for things that are not due to parenting. (Such as autism. I have an autistic son.)
- and, although people don't say it so loudly these days, it's usually the mothers they blame. In my case, how could it be my husband's fault? He'd left when he found his baby son was handicapped.

But on the other hand, if my kids play up, inside I blame myself, and I'd certainly be blaming myself if my kids acted like that. - Not that that would make me soft on them ...

Parents need to take responsibility. If your kids act like that, you've failed in your task of teaching them to treat others decently.

As for spanking or not spanking kids, that's only a detail. The important thing is to be someone who's good example they can follow, to spend time with them so you can really know each other, and to really care about them.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by and14263

Will do!

If you want to do some reading on this subject, check out "Parenting for a peaceful world" by Robin Grille

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Horza

I agree with you entirely that physicial discipline towards children is completely wrong, I just don't see that as any part of the issue in this case. I see a group of young men in adulthood humiliating a boy who is still a child. Those four that were pictured will have been raised in different households with different disciplinary measures as they grew up themselves, so singling out their upbringings as the cause of this sad story isn't really a viable option here.

From what I have read, regardless of how they were raised, they formed a collective to bully this boy to whatever ends they pleased. They might only be young adults, but they are adults all the same and accountable for their actions.

Although saying that, while we are on the subject of parenting, while I find beatings an awful way to raise a child, I also find the over-relaxed and passive method of parenting to be just as bad. I have seen the results first hand from the latter type of parenting, with children being raised by the TV and directed by adverts. They end up spoilt and just as capable of doing something like this, because they have never had any consequences for their actions from their dismissive and lazy parents.
Discipline is very important, but it has to be benevolent, constructive and firm in it's goals, not destructive and a quick fix.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Seems like this stunt was stolen right out of the pages of MTV's stellar programming of "JackAss"

Sad to think that the future of this country lies in the hands of this generation.

In this case and in similar cases of bullying, the punishment should fit the crime and the victim should be allowed to have free reign with a tattoo needle on each of these adults involved, followed by several days of public humiliation in the town square.

I think other posters have hit the nail on the head though. These perps. will certainly understand the meaning of the words inscribed on their victims rear end in jail.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I just heard this story on CNN. The reason these idiots were caught is because they took cell phone pictures and started passing them around.

While I am not defending the actions of these kids, obviously none of them are the sharpest tools in the shed.

Perhaps they were bullied themselves, and carried on some sort of tradition to move the up the ladder a rung, in other words, diverted attention away from themselves.

I bet we hear that bullying at this school has been a problem for a while, and until this happened, there was no attention paid to it.

Teachers and administrators have to have known what was going on for quite some time, and what were these kids doing off campus during school hours?

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Blanca Rose

So they got caught because they took pictures? I really hope they go to prison just based on their utter stupidity.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join