It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inefficient" sex will no longer be used to make babies in just 10 years, as couples turn to IVF

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Inefficient" sex will no longer be used to make babies in just 10 years, as couples turn to IVF

www.blacklistednews.com

It means that in future, sex will be nothing more than a leisure activity - the latest blow to the Christian idea that the role of sex is to produce children.

If the experts are right, it means the sci-fi world of books such as Brave New World, in which all children are born in ‘hatcheries’, could soon be closer to reality.

And it raises ethical questions over whether greater use of IVF will lead to eugenics, with couples screening out characteristics they regard as undesirable.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.dailymail.co.uk

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
This has apparently become more common place then I was aware of. With IVF being more common I do see eugenics coming into play also. With being able to send a DNA sample off in a kit purchased at a local drug store to find genetic markers for inherited desise the eugenics angle has to be very near by also. As to hatcheries, that sounds more like it might be a government project.

www.blacklistednews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
It's funny they mention brave new world as an example.

I bet the NWO can't wait to start producing their designer slave race.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Well I can see it, although they'd have to lower the price of IVF for it to become very common.

Poor people can't afford 20K for a better chance at making babies...

So if it becomes something readily available at Wal Mart then sex is in trouble.

Till then, I don't really see it being a problem.

~Keeper

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Why "inefficient sex" won't disappear as a way to make babies? I'll tell you why...

...because it's FUN!

(At least it can be if you do it right.)

End of story.

[edit on 5/17/2010 by LifeInDeath]

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I found this article the other day doing my daily wading through the MSM bullspit.
Kind of interesting AT home DNA test kits

We may be getting closer to screening genetics than we think...or maybe not, I am not up to speed much on the whole eugenics theory. anyone care to explain a bit?

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by dtalon3
I found this article the other day doing my daily wading through the MSM bullspit.
Kind of interesting AT home DNA test kits

We may be getting closer to screening genetics than we think...or maybe not, I am not up to speed much on the whole eugenics theory. anyone care to explain a bit?

Not a theory..

Eugenics in a sense is population control. Breeding people out through genetic experimentation..

Wiki to the rescue..

Eugenics is the study and practice of selective breeding applied to humans, with the aim of improving the species. In a historical and broader sense, eugenics can also be a study of "improving human genetic qualities." Advocates of eugenics sought to counter what they regarded as dysgenic dynamics within the human gene pool. Specifically, in regard to the continuation of congenital disorders and factors impacting overall societal intelligence relating to the heritability of IQ.

Eugenics was widely popular in the early decades of the 20th century, but has largely fallen into disrepute after having become associated with Nazi Germany. Since the postwar period, both the public and the scientific communities have associated eugenics with Nazi abuses, such as enforced racial hygiene, human experimentation, and the extermination of "undesired" population groups. However, developments in genetic, genomic, and reproductive technologies at the end of the 20th century have raised many new questions and concerns about the meaning of eugenics and its ethical and moral status in the modern era.

en.wikipedia.org...

~Keeper

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Eugenics is a huge issue which has been generally buried since early in the 20th century, but it seems like the day is coming soon when we'll have to face and debate the ethics of genetic screening and the pursuit of biological perfection.

The technology and therapies associated with 'Super Babies' isn't here yet, but it's on the horizon. I fully expect eugenics to become a hot social topic within a few decades.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Well, my assumption is that this is a goal. To control fertility by corrupting it, and then commodifying it.

That way only people with enough money can breed.

Which also explains why fertile women are being made into societal villians - that way the women who remain fertile despite attempts to curtail fertility physiologically will be made into societal pariahs so that they don't challenge the fertility-industry.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
The first problem I see with this is 1) I have yet to meet a couple who has CHOSEN to do IVF over natural reproduction. It was only out of absolute necessity.
2) Cost. Who is going to pay for all this IVF?
3) Not all the genetic markers for diseases are known. Only a few of them. So it woudl be hard to breed out the diseases if we don't even know what they are. And it might be centuries before we do.
4) As far as the tough "odds' of natural conception. It isn't that bad, or we wouldn't have 6 billion people on the planet.

Edited to add:
5) IVF isn't all that efficient itself. Instead of having the strongest sperm that beats the odds to reach the egg, you know swirl them together. Which, genetically brings its own set of problems. Because natural selection isnt at work. You now are giving a defective sperm a chance that it shouldnt' have.

I think the author of this blog doesn't have a lot of knowledge of IVF.

[edit on 17-5-2010 by nixie_nox]

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
This topic is currently under discussion here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add your thoughts to the existing thread. Thanks you.

Thread closed.

top topics

join