It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More controversy surrounding the Miss USA Pageant

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Last pageant it was the Gay Marriage question that took the crown from the Miss Carrie Prejean. This year we get the "Arizona Law" legality question.

A Gaffetastic New Miss USA

She nearly tripped over her gown.

She called birth control a “controlled substance.”

She argued that contraceptives should be covered by health insurers because they are “expensive” — and then said you could get them for “free” from your OB/GYN’s office.

Another contestant has victory stolen from her by the political correctness of today's media & the biased judges of this contest.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by prionace glauca

Poor soul, please learn to click on the link and read then make a statement. Your reply to my OP just shows how much you could care less about the topic at hand, but would rather just amount pulling comments out of your ass.

If you haven't noticed there has been an increase in this type of behavior on ATS. From all fields of people.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12GaugePermissionSlip
Last I checked, birth control isn't a “controlled substance.”,

any substance that requires seeing a doctor for
a prescription to obtain is "CONTROLLED".

Anything that you cannot get over the counter
is "CONTROLLED". I was in the pharmacy
this week and there was no birth control
pills on the shelves. That makes it "CONTROLLED".

So she was correct on that point IMO.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Do you have anything that actually shows this blond girl should have rightfully won? I just think that people are sick of the blond with big breasts. We have seen it all before. Been there and done that. Maybe you can help me out here.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
That blond girl just ain't pretty

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
The only proof I have on how the blond girl should have won is by how the winner had gaffes all thought out the contest. The runner up delivered everything perfectly but was railroaded with a political hot topic to which the crowd responded by booing.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Blondes are so boring. And why are they asking these girls these questions most likely most of these girls know nothing about politics...etc. Have you seen the idiotic things these girls have said in past pagaents? lol Of course I know nothing about these pageants and don't really care about them because they don't affect my life.

[edit on 17-5-2010 by jeasahtheseer]

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by prionace glauca

I wanted to just add to this thread some other links which I find really disturbing being as this is supposed to be Miss America??

www.debbieschlussel.com...

www.debbieschlussel.com... s-great-arizona-immigration-answer/

www.debbieschlussel.com...

This my first time adding links JIC

[edit on 17-5-2010 by AltraVision]

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by prionace glauca
The only proof I have on how the blond girl should have won is by how the winner had gaffes all thought out the contest. The runner up delivered everything perfectly but was railroaded with a political hot topic to which the crowd responded by booing.

So this blond girl was the only one to do everything perfectly?

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Another contestant has victory stolen from her by the political correctness of today's media & the biased judges of this contest.

Any proof that this is what happened?

Not that I care who is Miss USA, or the relevance of such a title, but I am curious about your assertion and if you can prove it to be true.

- Lee

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldDragger

Who cares?
Second line:
Who cares?

I was going to start a thread but I feel like maybe you would do a better job. "Posters who click on threads and take the time to write a post explaining how little they care about that thread." There is certainly something not right with that but I am willing to bet you have better insight.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Does anyone really care about this?

So one beautifully generic girl won instead of the other, not a big deal in the grand scheme of things is it now?

Also, how many of these pathetic contests are there?

Miss World.
Miss Earth.

The difference being?

I also think us holding a 'Miss Universe' contest is a tad presumptious. I'm sure there are some pretty damn fine young alien women out there somewhere! Especially if they look anything like the girl from Total Recall with the three breasts, we couldn't compete with that!

She would certainly get my vote

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Well it came down to the final two, and out of the two one continued to gaffe while other was baited to reply to a hot topic political question. And the victory goes to the didtz who trips over her gown, & free medications for everyone.

But the BCP's are already free for a majority of states.

How to get free BCP's

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Oh, so you don't have any proof then?

You're actually just saying in "your opinion" she would have won but the P.C. machine chewed her up, and not that this is actually the case.

- Lee

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
My post was entirely on topic.
To try to make political hay, implying some "liberal" conspiracy in the Miss USA competetion is so ridiculous and trivial it defies belief! Particularly when an attempt is made to link to the Arizona law ( yeah I know they asked her, think "current events" ), it's making something of nothing.
Therefor, why care. Who cares? Get it now?

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
double post

[edit on 17-5-2010 by OldDragger]

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Firstly .. asking such questions in what is called a 'BEAUTY' contest is contradictory ...

Now if it was called a 'beauty and brains' contest .. then ok .. get into politics .. medical issues ... whatever ..

These women have a hard enough time getting themselves to look as HOT as possible for the whole world to see ...
That should be the main focus .. not politics or contraceptives or whatever ..

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join