It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fire at LyondellBasell refinery in Houston

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Fire at LyondellBasell refinery in Houston

www.wfaa.com

HOUSTON — A shelter-in-place was issued for some southeast Houston residents Monday afternoon after a fire broke out at the LyondellBasell plant.

Officials said all residents near the plant, located at Highway 225 near Lawndale, should shelter in place until Haz-Mat crews determine what, if any, fumes were being released in the blaze.

It was unclear how long that would take.

Huge plumes of black smoke could be seen billowing from the scene as large, orange flames rose above the plant.

It was not clear what sparked the fire.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 17-5-2010 by xmaddness]

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Here we go again. This plant can produce about $20,000 worth of crude a day. I am assuming this number is missing a few zero's, as it is a large facility.

What is going on with the Oil industry in the US?

Are we under some kind of attack? This refinery will surely be placed offline while an investigation takes place.

How many refineries and oil rigs have been hit in the past few months?

The fire has reportedly already been put out, however the refinery has been damaged.

How many refineries are there available? How many would need to be taken offline before we start to worry?

It would be quite easy to "put a refinery offline" by starting a relatively small fire, and having it get shutdown for the investigation.

This is the refinery.

www.wfaa.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
$20,000 ?? Surely there's a few noughts missing, somewhere ?

Hope no-one's hurt ... and that the gasoline price doesn't spike. If it's down to poor maintenance it'd be neat to see the company get nailed.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
This is highly peculiar.

Are eco terrorists attacking oil production to get us off of our oil dependance? This is so bizzarre.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
The MSM has also kept quiet about the Indonesian Oil Tanker which was blown and sank just a few days after the Gulf Rig Incident, just to add in yet another.

Either someone in manufacturing has made a major fluke-up that they don't want to expose, in knowing other failures from a component could potentially happen, or its something else sinister.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by grey580
This is highly peculiar.

Are Eco-terrorists attacking oil production to get us off of our oil dependence? This is so bizarre.

Or its a string of false flag operations meant to raise the price of gas and further divide America's "Eco-friendly" and not so "Eco-friendly" population.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Conspiracy_Guy

Possible. The whole thing is extremely bizarre.

Maybe we are being setup for the next big innovation that moves us away from oil dependence.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Might I also add that Houston is where
Haliburton and Boots and Coots are located.

I wonder if there is a Haliburton or B&C
connection with this refinery ????

And if there is :::::

we may be in the middle of a rival oil
company war.

Glen Beck's 5/13/10 show comes to
mind after hearing this news.
It's relevant IMO.

I won't post it but there are youtube
videos of that show online.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by xmaddness

Since they can't raise the prices the oil industry is taking measures to find a way to raise oil prices. They need to pay their CEO 40 million dollars and he is running low on cash.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
umm whats with that someone back yeard still go up in smoke??
dang and i was going to invite all the kin over for some homemade shine

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Link isn't working...
Is it working for anyone else, or is it just me?

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by bvproductions

They moved the page. Its fixed.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Here is a thought:
What if this is going back to the President Barak Obama and Al Gore, and those who wants cap and trade?
During the election, then canidate Obama made a statement about nudging the population of the country off of petrolium products and moving to a green economy. Now if you loose a refinery here, a production place there, yes the price of Gas is going to go up. And as the president is demanding, tougher safety, that means that there will be interruptions of fuel. Thus raising the price for a gallon of gas as supply will be on the decline. Sounds kind of plausable to me.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by sdcigarpig
Here is a thought:
What if this is going back to the President Barak Obama and Al Gore, and those who wants cap and trade?
During the election, then canidate Obama made a statement about nudging the population of the country off of petrolium products and moving to a green economy. Now if you loose a refinery here, a production place there, yes the price of Gas is going to go up. And as the president is demanding, tougher safety, that means that there will be interruptions of fuel. Thus raising the price for a gallon of gas as supply will be on the decline. Sounds kind of plausable to me.

It is VERY plausable indeed! I applaud your post!

If you go to my thread:

Scandal: Obama, Gore, Goldman, Joyce Foundation CCX partners to fleece USA

and make a list of all the oil/coal mishaps as of late, and add your remarks to the thinking...You have a highly probable MOTIVE...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 17-5-2010 by MissysWorld]

top topics

join