It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did You See The U Shaped Moon Last Night? Amazing Pics!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by thegrayone

I'm guessing here, because I don't know which picture you are talking about but Venus passed behind the moon last night.

It's called a Lunar occultation.

More info here

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by thegrayone
Ok. Besides the first 2 pictures, did you guys notice that little bright light in the back ground in the other pictures?

I'm an atheist but please God let it be a ufo, let it be a ufo, let it be a ufo.

I am about 99% sure you will find out that is Venus, not a UFO.
Sorry to disappoint.

Edit to add:
Crap, chad beat me to it by a minute…

Good answer though.

[edit on 5/18/2010 by defcon5]

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Dudes, it's Nibiru! THERE IS GOING BE POLAR SHIFT TO BE! 2014!

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Yeah I know. I was just being sarcastic. I wasn't serious about it!

But... It could be a ufo posing as the planet venus by positioning itself in the same line of the planet and high, or low enough depending if the glass is half empty or half full, to make us believe is not a ufo.
Where did I get that idea from??? oh yeah, from that book "the Trojan horse".

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Is anyone in the UK??

At the moment there is only approx 120 degrees between the sun and the moon.. Normally I don't see the moon for a couple more hours..

Or is it just me..?

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by discl0sur3

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
Is everything a conspiracy to you? This is normal! You should really do some research before you post threads. Not everything is abnormal, some things that happen are natural. The moon looked just fine and beautiful

AGAIN...what l is this website for if I can't ask a question?
Who said anything about conspiracy?

You can ask a question and this IS a conspiracy site...remember that.

I noticed something odd and turned to ATS for answers.
I'm not an astronomer but some of you guys are so...why would I research for hours when I can have my answer in minutes??

I have asked questions too on here but I like to do my own research first. I like astronomy too and there are members I will u2u for questions or I look myself. What if that answer they give you is wrong?

Don't read my threads if you don't agree...I have plenty of support from others.

I never said you couldn't voice your opinions or ask questions. It's the way you say it. Yeah most of your threads drive me insane but I still read them, I read a lot of threads and some of your threads I like. What kind of site is this if I CANT voice my opinion and cant ask questions? It goes for both sides.

I would say researching it yourself first would be more interesting and informative. I have asked for stuff on here too and didnt get much and even with what I did, I found more on my own.

This is a conspiracy site so remember that

now relax

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Informyounow
I live in L.A. and was wearing my UV protective sunglasses. It was about 6pm and the sun was still out. I'mnot sure if anyone else noticed the chemtrail that was crossed like an X directly in the path of the Sun?

This may not make sense to anyone that may have not been able to look directly at the sun during this time....

It was an incredible sight to see...

Get a piece paper and a pen. Think of the paper as being the land that planes are flying over, leaving contrails. Draw a line, label it N-S. This plane is flying north to south. Now, here's where it gets weird, draw a line and label it E-W. This plane is flying east to west. What have you drawn? Crossed lines. Tough logic follows:
PLANES FLYING IN DIFFERENT DIRECTIONS WILL MAKE CONTRAILS THAT CROSS.

More than one plane and the standard drift of clouds and contrails makes a grid. On the same crossed lines, draw a line corner to corner. This plane is flying NE-SW, and will make a triangle.
In these days where GPS is available for cars, why do people continue to think that "x marks the spot"? What about wind? The lines will be moving. Why is this so hard for people to comprehend? sheesh......

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
My Wife said it looked like there was a dust plume around the Moon I went to see and it did look like it had a plume of dust in orbit, maybe there was a Meteor impact on the far side?

It certainly looked a lot brighter than normal, sadly we didn't see it as a U just its usual crescent here in the UK, but it did seem to have dust around it.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by azzllin

More likely you had a cirrus cloud cover, making the atmosphere translucent instead of just transparent.

la2

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I have to agree, i'm in the UK and i have never seen the moon as it has been recently, it certainly is very strange, and i think its worth monitoring.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by UKWO1Phot

Normally? You know, the Sun and Moon rise and set at a different time every day. And, for the next day or two, the Moon is not visible.
www.timeanddate.com...

[edit on 5/18/2010 by Phage]

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Normally... From my garden it's behind the house roofs.

As of now (18.00) it's in the position of the sun @ 12.00.
With a 20mm lens you could get them both in shot. Unfortunately I only have a 28mm here so can't illustrate what I mean.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by UKWO1Phot

I blew it earlier though, the moon is waxing, not waning. It is not a new moon right now.

The point is that the Sun and the Moon are always changing their position relative to each other. That is why there are different phases. When there is a new moon they rise and set together. When there is a full moon, the moon rises when the sun sets and sets when the sun rises. When there is a half moon, it rises at mid-day and sets at mid-night. There is no "normally", but it sounds like it's right where it's supposed to be.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Sorry.. Yes.. I'm confusing myself.

I was thinking the shadow on the moon is caused by earth passing between sun + moon.. Seeing the moon with the crescent on the right and the sun being on the same side 120 degrees away I thought I would expect to see a full moon as the earth isn't in the way..

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Nice Pics OP !
I too have never seen the moon that way , and i have only seen it exactly like the moon phase calendars , is there anything to this ? i have no idea , but i see many negative remarks that i think are uncalled for from some of you .
S&F

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by thegrayone

I'm guessing here, because I don't know which picture you are talking about but Venus passed behind the moon last night.

It's called a Lunar occultation.

More info here

Ya I'm pissed since it was cloudy here last night, but the night bfore it was very clear and Venus next to the moon was cool.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
2x posts

[edit on 18-5-2010 by Xtrozero]

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
OP: Before I discovered this site, a couple years ago or less, I started noticing the u-shape. No one ever said anything about it. I always thought it went from side to side. I'm glad you pointed this out.

[edit on 5/18/2010 by Nemesis0123]

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
What an interesting, if absolutely normal, phenomenon. The moon was big and bright and white and beautiful and... upside down??????

Rock and ROLL....

[edit on 18-5-2010 by Taiji_lou]

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I live at about 46 degrees and the crescent is vertical. When I went down to 26 degrees, it become more horizontal.

It's interesting to know that it can be quite horizontal that far from the equator.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join