It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did You See The U Shaped Moon Last Night? Amazing Pics!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Who would have thought a large rock could create such excitement.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
In S Wisconsin last night the moon was moving very fast and was bright red.

I was atop a hill watching it, and it moved about an inch in the sky (hold out your hand and place your inch marker "in the sky") every five minutes. After 20 minutes the damn thing was gone.

At like 1230 AM. Was pretty strange.

This was all accompanied by the feeling of rapid time progression. I was sitting on the couch with my brother at 6 PM, I was waiting for V (on ABC) to start at 9.

All of the sudden, after a few rounds of some video games [its been a while, i'll tell you that much]...all of the sudden I noticed my clock on the wall said 8 PM but my cell phone said 9 PM. I switched the channel and V was just starting.

My brother was like 'no #in way its 9 already. We have not been playing for 3 hours.' He is not a conspiracy theorist at all, and he made no mention of timeshifts or any of that. I was like 'yeah dude. and why did the wall clock stop an hour ago?'

Of course, it didn't stop but it was just an hour behind. Maybe it was like that the whole time, but it was strange.

Then i was watching the re-run of the Daily Show (which the TV guide said was NEW but it was one from a week or so ago about drinking the New Orleans alcoholic fictitious drink the Oil Slick). So I changed the channel and did some stuff. I went out to my car for a drive and thats when I noticed the moon.

When I returned from my drive (and I never left my little town) it was 1 AM.

Time was fast last night. It seemed like it was sped up. What "should have" been 10 minutes was taking about 2.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Just wondering brought this thread to my attention in another thread about the movement of the sun which some people have noticed a change in too.

People are stating here that this crescent moon at the bottom is normal. It may be something you have seen before.

I am in Ireland and seen this a few days ago. I have never seen this before and I have been looking at the sky at night all my life. I just thought it looked really cool.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Removed now i see it's normal sorry for wasted post.

Keith

[edit on 20-5-2010 by justKEITH]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by justKEITH

The charts are representative of the phases of the Moon. Depending on your latitude and the position of the Moon in its orbit, the orientation of the phase will vary. The Moon is not always "sideways".

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
theres a way to find out if the poles actualy shifted..
north of the equator water runs down a drain in a counter clock wise direction
south of the equator water runs down a drain in a clock wise direction
all you have to do is flush the toylet to see which way it goes

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by kbeet

The poles have not shifted.
Water doesn't care which hemisphere it is in when it goes down the drain.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I think that simple, basic astronomy classes should be required for everyone..
before a foreign language class or a history class even.
[well, history class was nothing but lies anyway] lol

It is astounding to me,
how many people really have no idea of how this "stuff" works. lol
I know they "teach" children about the Solar system ..
but seriously... it is not near enough.

after that..
I think they need a meteorology course. lol

[edit on 19-5-2010 by Ahmose]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by discl0sur3

In nevada city ca which is close to lake tahoe The moon had the crescent on the bottom. From what i understand it should lay on its right side. This area is a long ways away from equater,has the earth shifted its poles ?

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmokeandShadow
It depends on the orbits and the latitude apparently, nothing to worry about. Not if it was a blood red eclipse of apocalypse...yeah.

I've seen a red moon. Not bloody red though.

Here's a nice one:

www.pikespeakphoto.com...

[edit on 19-5-2010 by TheLaughingGod]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I think I've seen the moon like that at one day.. that day everyone else seemed to notice the moon strangeness. Didn't think too much about it tho.

I'm just wondering something about this pic:

Originally posted by discl0sur3
Italy

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ef1831ea98e6.jpeg[/atsimg]

Is the flashing light in the lower left part of the pic is the sun? If so, I really don't get how the moon is lit that way.
If that flashing dot isn't the sun then disregard what I'm saying :p

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by SparKzzz

Disregarded.
that is not Sol.

[edit on 19-5-2010 by Ahmose]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
sadly, I didn't see the moon. Where I live we had a massive storm brew up. Crikey it was a bad one.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLaughingGod

Beautiful moon pic!

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I have not read this entire thread, but I do have the answer for the op:

OP, I noticed this a while ago as well and decided to do some research and this is normal. I found a java applet online that tracks the lunar phases as seen from any point on earth. What I saw was that it's completely normal to see this all over the earth. If you've never been to the equator, I suggest changing the location to the equator so you can see a really awesome sunrise and moonrise. Have fun!

Lunar Phases java applet

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by SparKzzz

guessing that is Venus.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 04:20 AM
link   
I totally accept that people on this thread are stating that this is nothing new. That the crescent can be at the bottom.

All I am trying to say , and I guess several other people are trying to say is that we have never seen this before.

I live in Ireland. I love when the moon reappears when it has been gone for some nights or if there is bad weather. I can sit and look at if for ages. I have done this for decades.

So. why can't the super intelligent people understand(especially those who think astronomy classes are needed) that this seems to be new for some people.

As I said I live in Ireland. This is new. If any of you live in Ireland and see this regularly then I guess I am insane.

If you don't live in Ireland then you cannot say this is normal for us. You haven't been looking at the sky over here for years.

If then this is new for some of us, why? what has happened.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 06:12 AM
link   

You have every right to ask a simple question and get a civil answer and I gave you a star for each beautiful picture.

Blanca Rose in another thread asked why more people don't post, the answer is because many people attack others for asking a simple question.

I agree with autowreck, - many strange things are happening and humanity is in for quite a wild ride.

IMO the moon has been looking odd here and there lately, different than say 20-30 years ago.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
The first thing that came to my mind when I saw these photos...

'it looks like a eclipse but from the other side of the moon not facing Earth...but there's nothing behind the moon...is there?'

Truth, Love and True Light

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join