It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

7-Year-Old Girl Shot and Killed During Police Search of Detroit Home

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeasahtheseer
reply to post by SpectreDC

Cops lieing about something? Thats nothing new. The first time I read this story I knew the story that the police were giving is most likely not what actually happened, as it often is with stories from police.

As I said, especially with experience with a home made flashbang, NO person unless on meth or PCP or crack is going to be able to withstand a flashbang and then have a struggle with a cop that would be able to trigger a shot.

Common sense people! Try to use it once and a while! Or just deny common sense and accept whats comfortable to your worldview. I don't care anymore, it's your own delusions.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
AHA!! Now we have a famed lawyer that says he saw the tapes and that the cops shot in the home before entering. It also says they are covering it up. i cannot wait for our resident cops and their minions here to explain this one, after making all kinds of assumptions that favor the cops...as usual, IF the truth is told, the cops murdered again, this time another child, and only time will tell if any justice is done.

the film will make this case.....lets see it!!

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
"...footage shot by the A&E crime-reality show "The First 48" shows...."

I wonder if those cops were playing "tough'" for the cameras.

The whole thing reminds me of that recent video of the Apache helicopter crewman hosing down Bagdad residents with 30mm cannon fire, where he is verbally hoping the wounded guy picks up a gun so he can kill him. Some of our cops are like guard dogs, chomping at the bit to brutalize some poor soul for some perceived sin. I think a lot of this can be blamed on their training, which emphasizes that every citizen to be treated as a dangerous threat.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmokeandShadow

Originally posted by johnny2127
Why don't all of you cop haters just start a thread called 'We hate the police'. The you can go in there and spew your hate and venom. Obviously you have no desire to listen to logic and simply want to jump to conclusions so you can justify your hatred. Of course you will be the first to call and ask for help and ask them to defend your lives with theirs if you need it. Hypocrisy knows no bounds.

[edit on 17-5-2010 by johnny2127]

Yeah, the logic of kicking in the door to the wrong apartment? Why don't you start a thread "we LOVE the police". The only reason I would call the cops is if someone is running around shooting people nearby and that is only because I don't own a gun...I'll let you know when that happens, but it won't bring that young girl back will it? Lots of logic in here. Absolutely disgusting...

[edit on 17-5-2010 by SmokeandShadow]

It wasn't the wrong apartment buddy. The family, including the murderer they were looking for had been going back and forth between two units for days. They used both and didn't know which one he was in. So you treat it as if he is in the unit you are entering. Again, IT WASN'T the wrong unit as you try to make it seem. You try to make it seem like the had the wrong unit number or something. No, the criminal they were looking for used both units, so they had warrants for both.

Let me guess, you think cops are evil, and criminals are just misunderstood and mistreated right?

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Washington Post article:

Two prominent criminal defense attorneys said they were unaware of past instances when Detroit police used flash grenades in raids when children were possibly present.

"That's a new one," said Detroit lawyer Corbett Edge O'Meara. "That does seem to be a pretty extreme measure. It doesn't surprise me that the police had no concern whether they were endangering the lives of children when they made this raid."

Attorney Marvin Barnett was more blunt: "I've never heard that before in my entire career, that you've thrown a flash bomb in a house unless you've got an armed suspect and you know there is nobody else in the house."

...Seems that it's NOT standard operating procedure to flashbang places where children are known to be in residence after all, at least not in Detroit...

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
I have lived almost my entire life in a town with the crookedest cops you could imagine. I am hardened to this crap. I hate LEO, in general (although realize there are a few good ones, they are not the rule in general) and have repeatedly watched them victimize the citizens of multiple communities. They are nothing more than a sanctioned mafia.

what you see in this case is the worst of the worst. having her die was not enough. she had to spend her final moments in the agony of having a flashbang burning her.

no punishment is enough.

Sadly, I know most cops can be dillholes. I have myself been harassed by some. But not all cops are bad. Trying to say all cops are bad is saying all priests molest children. Humanity is the one that is messed up.

If those families didnt harbor the criminal that little girl would still be alive.

I can't wait for Nibiru to show itself to cleanse mankind. We need it...

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kailassa
That's correct. The family that were raided rented the downstairs apartment.
The suspect was found in the upstairs apartment.

www.detnews.com...

The police were not too keen on admitting to that detail . . . .

Yes, and the Foxnews article says the suspect was arrested in the home where the little girl was shot.

Someone is obviously lying.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by earthship35

They should do this sort of thing when the kids are in school. If there are young kids at home... then they should have come up with an alternative plan. Nobody is important enough to risk the life of an innocent child.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrJay1975

The childs mother was harboring a murderer. Armed and dangerous.

The child's mother was not even in the house. The grandmother and father were looking after the children.

Nobody in this child's home was harbouring a murderer. The suspect, who may or may not be a murderer, was in a completely separate apartment.

They pop the door toss a flashbang and enter. Upon attempting to clear the front room the woman harboring the murder suspect made contact with an officer, violent or nonviolent(we don't know), but you have to assume she's hostile since there is a suspected murderer in the home. I'm guessing the SRT went in with MP5's on single with the weapon hot, and the woman made significant contact, possibly charging into the officer. Finger on the trigger and off balance from the woman running into him a single shot is fired. Little girl hit in neck.

The police threw a stun grenade through the window of an innocent family, burning a little girl sleeping on the couch, and burst in with guns drawn while the family were in shock. They now admit the grandmother just accidentally bumped into the policeman.

If you burst into a house where you know there are children, (toys all over the veranda and warnings from neighbours,) and which you know may be the wrong house, (they had warrants for 2 separate apartments,) you should be a little more careful than that with your gun.

If it was an MP5 it wasn't shouldered and aimed or the kid wouldn't have gotten shot. If it was a 9mm the weapon still wasn't aimed at the lady center mass. Again the round wouldn't hit the child. So the officer would appear to have been knocked severely off balance send the weapon into a completely different direction. And when it was discharged it caught the little girl.

sigh ...
Some people just shouldn't be allowed near guns.
Guns kill, if you are not careful with them.
A policeman raiding a family with children has a responsibility to those in the house he is raiding.

But to even attempt to blame the SRT is ridiculous. There isn't enough information and if you make a logical attempt to extrapolate what happened the operator clearly wouldn't be at fault.

There's a lot more information available than you have read ...
presuming your untruths are honest mistakes.

As far as I'm concerned the police were doing their job. The lady harboring the suspected murderer and physically assaulting the officers is totally at fault.

There was no murderer at that address.
Nobody assaulted any policemen.

And you have not read even this page of this thread before slandering an innocent, and horribly bereaved, family.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jessicamsa

That's correct. The family that were raided rented the downstairs apartment.
The suspect was found in the upstairs apartment.

www.detnews.com...

The police were not too keen on admitting to that detail . . . .

Yes, and the Foxnews article says the suspect was arrested in the home where the little girl was shot.

Someone is obviously lying.

Fox News just twisted the truth a little. Or misunderstood, or were given slightly twisted information by the police ...

The house this took place in was divided into two apartments, an upstairs apartment and a downstairs one. The suspect's moped was parked outside this house, so the Police got search warrants for both apartments. They either searched the ground floor apartment first, where the family was, or searched them both simultaneously.

The suspect was arrested in the upstairs apartment.

So Fox News just used the word home, when they should have used the word house.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragnet53
If those families didnt harbor the criminal that little girl would still be alive.

They didn't.
Separate apartment.
No reason to believe the family even knew him.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   

It wasn't the wrong apartment buddy. The family, including the murderer they were looking for had been going back and forth between two units for days. They used both and didn't know which one he was in. So you treat it as if he is in the unit you are entering. Again, IT WASN'T the wrong unit as you try to make it seem. You try to make it seem like the had the wrong unit number or something. No, the criminal they were looking for used both units, so they had warrants for both.

Strange, the Police say they had warrants for both because the suspect's moped was parked outside.

Even stranger, I can find no reference to this in any news source, and I'm seeing much evidence in forums of a strange relationship between police-lovers and porkies.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Kailassa

[SNIP]

I mean... I cant understand all the cop hating...

If the cop does something - police brutality
If the cop does nothing - stupid good for nothing useless donut eating pig

Can anyone explain me this pls?

Mod edit: Personal and explicit comment removed.

[edit on 5/18/2010 by AshleyD]

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Reality TV show filmed police raid that ended in shooting of girl

US police who carried out a raid on a family home that left a seven-year-old girl dead were accompanied by a camera crew for a reality television show, and an attorney says video of the siege contradicts the police account of what happened.

Geoffrey Fieger, an attorney for the family of the dead girl, Aiyana Jones, said he has seen three or four minutes of video of the raid, although he declined to say whether it was shot by the crew for the A&E series "The First 48," which has been shadowing Detroit homicide detectives for months.

Police have said officers threw a flash grenade through the first-floor window of the two-family home, and that an officer's gun discharged, killing the girl, during a struggle or after colliding with the girl's grandmother inside the home.

But Fieger said the video shows an officer lobbing the grenade and then shooting into the home from the porch.

"There is no question about what happened because its in the videotape", Fieger said. "Its not an accident. Its not a mistake. There was no altercation."

Aiyana Jones was shot from outside on the porch. The videotape shows clearly the officer throwing through the window a stun grenade-type explosive and then within milliseconds of throwing that, firing a shot from outside the home, he said.

[edit on 18/5/2010 by Kryties]

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni
reply to post by Kailassa

Were you all cop haters all sodomized by cops... or you got into the wrong pub, and you thought those good looking guys dressed as cops with hats and mirrored glasses and the chat went sour or something?

I mean... I cant understand all the cop hating...

If the cop does something - police brutality
If the cop does nothing - stupid good for nothing useless donut eating pig

Can anyone explain me this pls?

If a cop does something? Like shoot a seven year old? Yeah, people tend to get pissed at people who can't do their job right...much like YOU get pissed when you get bad service in a restaurant...except its as if the waiter splashed hot coffee in you're DAUGHTERS FACE!

You love that tax collector cop working for the FORCE, that FORCES you not to have freedom over you're body and consumption(my personal beef if you can't tell) and that...you know what? Explaining things will not change you're mind, you view it as a "side" instead of what is right/good and what is wrong/bad. Stay in "the right side of the law" mind prison, same goes for the rest who MITIGATE bad behavior, corruption and all TRUE lawlessness!

Some clown earlier said I like and sympathize with criminals...you know I do, when you criminalize people who have done nothing truly wrong.

And to top it all off there was NO struggle, the lying liars! It is disturbing, you expect honesty from a branch of authority so close to you're own humanity...its not like a politician who you almost expect to lie.

I hope that "cowboy" doing the Lord's work gets LIFE.

[edit on 18-5-2010 by SmokeandShadow]

[edit on 18-5-2010 by SmokeandShadow]

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Strange, the Police say they had warrants for both because the suspect's moped was parked outside.

Even stranger, I can find no reference to this in any news source, and I'm seeing much evidence in forums of a strange relationship between police-lovers and porkies.

No problem buddy. Here is a source stating they had a search warrant for both units since the family members go back and forth between units. Oh ya, and the source is from an article where the family's attorney says the shot from outside the home. So its not 'pro-cop' as you would try to say:
Article

Police arrested the target of the raid, a 34-year-old man suspected of killing a 17-year-old boy, in the upstairs unit in the two-family home. Police had warrants to search both properties, and family members of the slain girl were seen going in and out of both on Monday. The suspect has not been charged, and it was not immediately clear what relationship he had to the slain girl.

Any other logical reasoning with sources pointed out that you'd like me to find? Look, if the police did fire from outside the door as the attorney says, they are wrong. If it happened as the police say, it is a very unfortunate accident, but the police did nothing wrong. Good thing is, there is a video, so the he said she said game won't last long. I have no problem saying the police did something wrong if that what EVIDENCE says. But I will not just assume it like the rest of you cop-haters. You'd rather take the word of a family harboring a violent murderer, than the police who put their lives at risk everyday protecting us. That is sad in my opinion.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 05:50 AM
link   
I don't know if this threads been updated but here is more information...

Detroit police shot and killed a seven-year-old girl during an early morning raid of a home on the city’s east side Sunday morning. The child, Aiyana Stanley Jones, was struck in the head and neck area while sleeping on a couch at the home on Lillibridge Street.

In a Sunday morning press conference Assistant Police Chief Ralph Godbee said police were executing a “no-knock” search warrant for a homicide suspect in the two-apartment home. He said the police—members of the heavily armed Special Response Team—threw a flash grenade through an unopened window around 12:45 a.m. before charging in with guns drawn.

Godbee claimed the policeman’s gun discharged after he “had some level of physical contact” with the girl’s 47-year-old grandmother, Mertilla Jones. The police were not categorizing the shooting as accidental yet, Godbee said, "although we don't believe the gun was discharged intentionally."

Charles Jones, father of the slain girl, said he rushed from a back bedroom to see his mother being pushed through the door and another police officer carrying his bleeding daughter from the house. “They came into my house with a flash grenade and a bullet," Jones told the Detroit News. "They say my mother (Mertilla Jones) resisted them, that she tried to take an officer's gun. My mother had never been in handcuffs in her life. They killed my baby and I want someone to tell the truth."

The young father added, “I want this story to be heard. This was a wrongful death."

Read the rest here

This doesn't sound like it was an accident. Screw the police, they are now killing sleeping children without repercussion. I think the government is training SWAT and such for martial law honestly.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 06:28 AM
link   

No, the criminal they were looking for used both units, so they had warrants for both.

Quoting CNN:

"No murder suspect was found in Aiyana's house," Fieger said in Monday's interview. "In fact, there's an upstairs apartment next door which the police did not have a search warrant for and that is where he surrendered, they went into that house too. But he was not in Aiyana's house."

Link:
www.cnn.com...

Let's try to have facts based discussion rather than rumor spreading one.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Reply to post by Kryties

I always wondered what effect a film crew had on cops. Would the cameras make them behave themselves or encourage them to go over the top for the Hollywood glamour.

We all know what cameras do to drunk idiots. Maybe it works the same way with idiots drunk on power.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   

No problem buddy. Here is a source stating they had a search warrant for both units since the family members go back and forth between units. Oh ya, and the source is from an article where the family's attorney says the shot from outside the home. So its not 'pro-cop' as you would try to say:
Article

Police arrested the target of the raid, a 34-year-old man suspected of killing a 17-year-old boy, in the upstairs unit in the two-family home. Police had warrants to search both properties, and family members of the slain girl were seen going in and out of both on Monday. The suspect has not been charged, and it was not immediately clear what relationship he had to the slain girl.

Any other logical reasoning with sources pointed out that you'd like me to find? Look, if the police did fire from outside the door as the attorney says, they are wrong. If it happened as the police say, it is a very unfortunate accident, but the police did nothing wrong. Good thing is, there is a video, so the he said she said game won't last long. I have no problem saying the police did something wrong if that what EVIDENCE says. But I will not just assume it like the rest of you cop-haters. You'd rather take the word of a family harboring a violent murderer, than the police who put their lives at risk everyday protecting us. That is sad in my opinion.

You're lacking in comprehension skills or straight out lying.

You are saying the family was harbouring a violent criminal, and backing it up with a report that does not say the suspect was ever in the home of the child these idiot police murdered.

So what if family members went into the suspect's flat? Had the police told them their neighbour was a murderer?

Should your daughter be shot dead because you know someone in a different apartment who is a murder suspect?

Besides, the police have told so many lies here already, you'd be crazy to believe any story from them now.

Is supporting the police such a good job you will lie and malign innocent people to do it?
I hope they pay you what you are worth.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join