It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

7-Year-Old Girl Shot and Killed During Police Search of Detroit Home

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

The message I get from this event is this...

If you harbor criminals... or are unlucky enough to be one of the neighbors in an adjoining apartment where a criminal resides... be prepared to suffer the consequences of that criminal's actions when the cops come to arrest him/her.

I've watched enough SVU to know that with a little creative effort... this deadly mishap could have been prevented.

BAD information and POOR planning results in deadly outcome for innocent 7 year old.

How's that for a headline???

[edit on 18/5/2010 by Hedera Helix]

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragnet53

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
I have lived almost my entire life in a town with the crookedest cops you could imagine. I am hardened to this crap. I hate LEO, in general (although realize there are a few good ones, they are not the rule in general) and have repeatedly watched them victimize the citizens of multiple communities. They are nothing more than a sanctioned mafia.

what you see in this case is the worst of the worst. having her die was not enough. she had to spend her final moments in the agony of having a flashbang burning her.

no punishment is enough.

Sadly, I know most cops can be dillholes. I have myself been harassed by some. But not all cops are bad. Trying to say all cops are bad is saying all priests molest children. Humanity is the one that is messed up.

If those families didnt harbor the criminal that little girl would still be alive.

I can't wait for Nibiru to show itself to cleanse mankind. We need it...

Humanity is messed up, alright. And part of that is that we tend to abuse power when we recieve it. That is a common human trait.

I have met hundreds of cops. Only met 1 that did his job: protect and serve.

Those families having a suspect (not a criminal, as he has yet to be tried in a court of law) in their home was not violating the law. He has not been convicted of anything yet. The police could have done what Lenny Brisco would do: stake out the house and grab him as he leaves. Imagine that....using detective work instead of military work while conducting civilian police business.

There is no excuse for:

1. use of flashbangs
2. forceful entry
3. weapons drawn
4. weapons fired
5. physical confrontation

None of this was needed. None of it. There is no excuse. Absolutely none. If this is the country any of you want to live in, please tell me what state you all are moving to so i can live somewhere that knows what "liberty" means.

Edit to add: no offense meant, i promise. but cut the Nibiru crap. Man doesn't need a savior. Man needs to hold each other accountable and demand that we stop acting like animals. That is all that man needs.

[edit on 18-5-2010 by bigfatfurrytexan]

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   
There was an excellent thread recently on gun control. An innocent person is 5 times more likely to be shot by a cop than by a "civilian" with a gun. The cops are scared, they're out to protect themselves, they don't know who's good or bad, the cop probably left the safety off out of fear. May even have turned and shot the child on impulse and claim it was an accidental discharge. For the most part, the police are a business opportunity, an income source. They're out to collect possible revenue in terms of bonds associated with convictions. The warrant is pretty much guaranteed not to be based on a thoughtful Grand Jury indictment but rather a referee (judges) criminal action under the "color of law". The real goal is to get the "suspect" and turn a profit the other people present are possible collateral income opportunities. These are criminal acts by the Policy enforcers. The suspect, after a proper grand jury indictment, can be obtained without putting other people at risk but creating a hostile environment provides a rational to indict others who resist.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties

But Fieger said the video shows an officer lobbing the grenade and then shooting into the home from the porch.

There is no question about what happened because its in the videotape, Fieger said. Its not an accident. Its not a mistake. There was no altercation.

Aiyana Jones was shot from outside on the porch. The videotape shows clearly the officer throwing through the window a stun grenade-type explosive and then within milliseconds of throwing that, firing a shot from outside the home, he said.

Just when I thought Police had sunk to the lowest behaviour possible, this is revealed.

So they stun-grenaded a home of innocent people, knowing there were children inside, and shot into that home through the wall, just so they could get filmed and be on TV.

And a family is maligned as well as bereaved, their little girl's last hour on this earth spent in shock and agony, as she was first burned, and then shot, but still lived long enough to die later, with no family allowed to be present, in hospital.

I hope these cops get the viewers they were after, watching them being (legally) executed.

And to think there are people in this thread defending these actions, despite the fact that even stun-grenading a home containing children who are not being held hostage is a no-no.

Btw, first the police said they had two warrants, then they said they had one. And in the papers they are quoted as saying they will present these warrants, (who to?) when they can.

After a case like this they don't have the warrant/warrants to present immediately?

I'm starting to suspect they never had any warrant at all.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   
i have edited this post.

Lets all just remember that the man was a suspect, not proven guilty.

[edit on 18-5-2010 by bigfatfurrytexan]

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Can you update your post to reflect my edited update? Thanks.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Thank you for the update!!!

And I guess BETTER PLANNING would have deemed the gestapo tactics unnecessary.

[edit on 18/5/2010 by Hedera Helix]

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Why bother planning or using your brain? If you are a cop you have overwhelming force so just lob a few incendiary devices thru the windowns...burn a few people up...shoot in the place BEFORE entering...spray some lead...get some kicks..show how cool you are to the TV cameras..life is sweet for a cops, eh?

Cops are LIARS, first and foremost..they practice lying and deceiving all the time...it is their stock in trade..so why any suprise? The cops will investigate themselves, as always, never civilians, and then will pronounce that all is fine and dandy and they did nothing wrong.

One day cops may well find themselves hiding from the People, who have had too much of their infamous conduct...I cannot wait.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I am truley saddened and sickened by the MURDER of this child, but not surprised.
People really need to scrutinze all actions of all law enforcement officers, law enforcement agences, and all department polices, practices, and proceeders.
The lies that came out of this event are common in law enforcement.
The loss of civilian lives at the hands of self rightous, over zealious law enforcement officers,protected by a corrupt establishment must stop.
How many more suspects and bystanders must die and be blamed for their own deaths,according to, "police reports."
Must we all lose a loved one before we start to accept the truth.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
At least I am glad to see that most of the defenders of the police in this thread are now silent now that the hard reality has come to light.

Police officers lie routinely in day to day operations. These past few months have shown the depth of it, unfortunately.

I really feel bad for genuine honest cops who have to work in an environment where lying and force is the rule as opposed to the exception.

In the good old days, being smarter than the criminal solved most cases with patience and hard work. Do cops not do stakeouts or surveillance any more?!

I used to argue when old heads would complain about the militarization of police and such and I would say "its not true....its just more intensive and better training...better tools and such." Now much to my chagrin I realize what they were talking about.

The scariest part is that there seems to be no end in sight. These methods and principles are still being taught TODAY in LE training regimens. Brute force and speed over patience and using your head to think out peaceful and safe solutions.

Negligent Homicide is what this is...plain and simple, as previous posters have said.
Anyone with LEO/Firearms training KNOWS that you are 99.999% completely and totally responsible for what happens with your weapon. I'll keep that just shy of 100% because nothing is 100% these days, but this officer screwed up plain and simple, not to mention the others responsible for the planning and execution of the warrant.

There is NO situation where an innocent bystander should be killed by a police officer. I would be happy to debate anyone who thinks differently.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
OK these TV guys were travling with the cops and somehow loudmouth Feiger managed to get the tape before the police. The family announced itis suing before the funeral what a bunch of losers

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Well since I heard this on my local news, reporters were saying that neighbors were telling the police that there were kids in side and pointing to toys in the yard and what not so the cops knew there were kids in side and still went in how they did....

If you know kids are involved you may want to change your plan up a bit.....

There were 4 kids in side.

And A&E was filming a show so there is tape and appearently the police were trying to obtain that video.....

It sounds like they messed up and know it, but are trying to minimize how much blame they are going to take...

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikellmikell
OK these TV guys were travling with the cops and somehow loudmouth Feiger managed to get the tape before the police. The family announced itis suing before the funeral what a bunch of losers

Nice attitude. This family should be enraged at the killing of their kid, then the lying by the police, and since they happen to get a lawyer with some balls, their suddenly bad people.

There is no other offensive legal action they can take. They can scream, yell and be pissed off, but really its them against the cops. Suing would be the very start of what I would think they would do to the cops.

..Ex

Edit to add..

What we keep forgetting here is that the person the police were looking for was SUSPECTED of committing the crime, not already convicted. So to the badge kissers, I "suspect" of being simply non thinking shills for the jackbooted cops, what ever happened to the freedoms that the USA is supposed to be all about?

..ex

[edit on 5/18/2010 by v3_exceed]

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnny2127

But I will not just assume it like the rest of you cop-haters. You'd rather take the word of a family harboring a violent murderer, than the police who put their lives at risk everyday protecting us. That is sad in my opinion.

I am a bit at a loss here. Who said anything about this family harboring a violent murderer? Apparently they were searching for a suspect (not a convict) who was taken into custody and has not yet been charged with any crime. Exactly how did your logic take you from that to a "violent murderer."

The only "violent murderer" we can actually verify at this point is whoever put a bullet into that child. And I assume you will be just as adamant that they be taken into custody. Maybe they can just show up at his house, shoot his kid and arrest him? That would certainly fold into your logic on this point.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by mikellmikell

How exactly are some people who lost a child losers? Makes no sense to me. These people who lost their little girl have done absolutely nothing wrong.

[edit on 18-5-2010 by jeasahtheseer]

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Want to know why police can get away with murder?
Want to know why people are getting fed up and no longer trust LE?
it is all here in the nine pages so far.

There some, not all but some, police and police groupies who even in the face of irrefutable evidence and logic defend the actions of the police and even fall to slandering the innocent. These are the people who are the loudest voice, who rally 'round the badge and turn their blind(?) eyes to any misconduct and who have applauded the increasing militarization like voyeurs for their fantasy world.

Then there are those who have either been at the receiving end of being protected and served either as in need of LE or wanted by LE. Or those who look with realistic eyes at how humans react as more power is given to them.
We, I say we as I consider myself of this group, are often old enough to remember when a cop was who you went to when trouble hit. And also remember when the national guard shot and killed four college kids at Kent state. and remember Nixon declaring a war on drugs, and remember when SWAT was first said to be necessary......
We have watched a cop go from who you run to when trouble strikes to who you don't make too much eye contact with when they are working the street.
I can say this as a law abiding person, I never drew away from them they drew away from me. I am a suspect in any encounter( as witnessed by the onlt two times I was foolish enough to call them for help) and need be prepared to be investigated first before any reason I called them. In my case a kidnap and rape victim showed up at my rural home and when the sherrif arrived I caught an officer riffling thru MY TRASH!.

Ah well a bit off tangent there as some deep passions are invoked.
I will close this bit of rant by saying if you are a good cop, be ready to make a stand soon about if you are a soldier in a social war against your own people or if you are one of us, the ones you have forgotten to protect.
N.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Has the name of the officer who murdered this kid been released yet? I'd like to know it. I've heard that it was a 14yr veteran of the force, but that's the only identifying information.

Also I've heard that there may be some time discrepancies in the two warrants anyone have any further info on that?

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by XKrossX
At least I am glad to see that most of the defenders of the police in this thread are now silent now that the hard reality has come to light.

Ummm, no....

Originally posted by mikellmikell

Fred Phelps is still around.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by N.of norml
Want to know why police can get away with murder?
Want to know why people are getting fed up and no longer trust LE?
it is all here in the nine pages so far.

There some, not all but some, police and police groupies who even in the face of irrefutable evidence and logic defend the actions of the police and even fall to slandering the innocent. These are the people who are the loudest voice, who rally 'round the badge and turn their blind(?) eyes to any misconduct and who have applauded the increasing militarization like voyeurs for their fantasy world.

Then there are those who have either been at the receiving end of being protected and served either as in need of LE or wanted by LE. Or those who look with realistic eyes at how humans react as more power is given to them.
We, I say we as I consider myself of this group, are often old enough to remember when a cop was who you went to when trouble hit. And also remember when the national guard shot and killed four college kids at Kent state. and remember Nixon declaring a war on drugs, and remember when SWAT was first said to be necessary......
We have watched a cop go from who you run to when trouble strikes to who you don't make too much eye contact with when they are working the street.
I can say this as a law abiding person, I never drew away from them they drew away from me. I am a suspect in any encounter( as witnessed by the onlt two times I was foolish enough to call them for help) and need be prepared to be investigated first before any reason I called them. In my case a kidnap and rape victim showed up at my rural home and when the sherrif arrived I caught an officer riffling thru MY TRASH!.

Ah well a bit off tangent there as some deep passions are invoked.
I will close this bit of rant by saying if you are a good cop, be ready to make a stand soon about if you are a soldier in a social war against your own people or if you are one of us, the ones you have forgotten to protect.
N.

Absolutely PHENOMENAL post sir, you spoke my mind as well. It is a constructed "us against them" mentality fostered by poor interactions, the misuse of authority and heavy handed prohibition disguised as a mission for the children, when if anything, are being destroyed in the courtrooms, not the crack houses.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by jefwane
Has the name of the officer who murdered this kid been released yet? I'd like to know it. I've heard that it was a 14yr veteran of the force, but that's the only identifying information.

Also I've heard that there may be some time discrepancies in the two warrants anyone have any further info on that?

Yeah, I'd say discrepancies.

One of the sources linked over these 9 pages said there wasn't actually a warrant to the apartment the suspect was in. So some sources said there were two warrants, but then another source said there was one warrant.

Lots of deception going on here.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join