It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

7-Year-Old Girl Shot and Killed During Police Search of Detroit Home

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by dragnet53

Erm, if someone flashbangs you offgaurd and kicks your door in you have every right to defend yourself. And dont give that officer of the law crap, Dont forget what flashbangs are designed to do, Deafen, blind and disorientate its target, so how the hell did she know who was coming through her door?

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Izarith
reply to post by johnny2127

Dude I live in Mexico LOL.

Little girls some times get shot in the neck and die too. but it's not done by police it's done by cartel drug lords.

There is something wrong when you see as many "Cops Kills (Insert Innocent thing)" articles as you do Evil Drug Cartels Kills (Another Dug cartel Member).

Actually come to think of is it's been two whole days since I've seen a Mexico Cartel thread on ATS. Cops in the US sure are busy.

I don't quite get your point. Are you basically saying things are much worse in Mexico? Well if that's what your point is, I'd say that this isn't a contest. Its terrible in Detroit and its terrible where you are, fine. But my point was that this wasn't police knocking on the door or some peaceful home is a peaceful area with non-violent inhabitants. But people blow all that off to scream about police.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 06:48 AM
link   

No, No, No

That was not my point at all.

My point is that in Mexico as bad as it is you do not have to worry about the police shooting your 7 year old child in the neck and causing her death.

In Mexico that's a criminals job and not the job of Law enforcement.

My second more subtle point is that there have been more Cop shooting and killing things threads than Mexican Cartel dug lord criminals shooting and killing things threads.

I hope this helps you understand my points better.

As for your point I ask you this...

What is the point of catching a killer if you have to kill 7 year old girls to do it? Who are the police protecting? Are they protecting anyone or are they just after any collar available so they can stuff their all ready stuffed overcrowded privately owned prisons?

[edit on 17-5-2010 by Izarith]

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 06:58 AM
link   
When I first saw this headline on this thread, the thought that immediately went through my head was, "Oh great some lard-assed cop gets trigger happy." I was relieved to read this was evidently not the case. It did though, make me question why did I so quickly jump to that conclusion? I guess it is because we hear of so many cases of police brutality so often any more in cases such as this.

I wonder how many others had such a thought when they first read this thread title?

I understand that this was most probably just an unfortunate accident. Poor little girl born into a family of criminals didn't have a chance...how sad.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 07:00 AM
link   

the most plausible scenario is that the police are evil

Yes that is correct, good to see you discovered the truth.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by romanmel

Funny because when I read the title of this thread the first thing that entered my mind was...

When I read the article I was terrified to find that indeed...

I understand that this was most probably just an unfortunate accident. Poor little girl born into a family of criminals didn't have a chance...how sad.

Yes very sad, whats even sadder is I foresee unfortunate accidents like these happening more and more as the economy gets worse and worse.

Whats a country full of 7 year old girls to do is my question?

[edit on 17-5-2010 by Izarith]

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blanca Rose
Imagine how the officer feels about the death of the child.

It's not like he pointed the trigger to shoot the child.

I think this is one of those situations where unless you were there, the absolute truth will never be known.

i think this is one of those situations where no matter how you slice it, it shouldnt have happened.

and theres really no excuse for this one. swat teams shouldnt be raiding houses with 7 year olds, not with guns drawn. i dont care if theres 15 murderers in a house and 1 child. They need better intel befor they conduct the raid or they shouldnt do it, with all the technology the thugs have these days theres really, truly, absolutely no excuse.

explain to me how taking the life of a 7 year old girl protects anybody?

bring on the typical police sympathizing "this is just how things are" nonsense...

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 07:11 AM
link   
These police officers here are clearly not trained at all.

First off, when you have a warrant there is no need to knockdown the door.
They could simply knock on the door or ring the buzzer and tell the women they got a warrant to serch her house, or simply show here a copy of the warrant.

As they didn't do that they use a Flash(bang?) Grenade (a.k.a "Stun Greanade") so the woman inside the front room could not in the slightest here or see that they were cops as she would temporaly be both blind and death.

Lastly those cops should ALL have there guns with safties ON, that way there guns dont accidently go off. Thats why they're called safties!

Edit: also they could've gotten the wrong apartment!

[edit on 17-5-2010 by lilstu21]

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by acrux

the most plausible scenario is that the police are evil

Yes that is correct, good to see you discovered the truth.

Way to remove the rest of the sentence so it seemed like I was saying something I wasn't.

Here is my full sentence without your editing:

So they are entering an urban home, with a suspected violent MURDERER, at which point the women confronts the police physically, and you guys decide the most plausible scenario is that the police are evil. Good Lord some of you are just angry, illogical people.

Don't twist my words buddy. If you have your opinion, state it. Don't lie about what I said.

[edit on 17-5-2010 by johnny2127]

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Izarith

You are so correct, of course, the economy tends to build evil tension in society. Additionaly, I think we have become so self-centered and cold hearted towards our fellow human brothers and sisters...

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Izarith

You choose to blame the police, not the criminals. You choose to say they should let this murderer go instead of going into the home to arrest him or her. The child being in that home is not the fault of the police. Its the fault of the parent or parents letting a murderer in their home with a young child there, and then one of them struggling with police when they enter. Don't blame the police when logically its the fault of the parent(s) and the criminals.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragnet53

Originally posted by earthship35
reply to post by rcwj1975

Hey i don't usually post so i'll be brief..My question,just as it was in Waco,or Ruby Ridge.Why not arrest the person when they come out of their house?Or at the market or at a store..etc..It seems crazy to me that you would delebritetly break into the one place where that person knows better than you.He will come out eventually and when he does get him.Even if you were to say well he's never coming out as he has someone else get his stuff.Grab her then wait till he get's hungry and nab him then.No exuce for ever entering a house with kids...ever.

LOL I just couldn't help but laugh at this.

You'd think it be that easy, but most of the time it isn't.

i couldnt help but laugh at this.

it really...truely...is...that easy.

now making those drug charges stick with all the evidence down the drain...little harder to do without going GI Joe on everybody and killing 7 year olds.

those pesky victimless crimes....

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   

You are right I do chose to blame the police, specifically because the murderous criminals in that house were not the ones who put that bullet in the tiny, innocent little girls neck.

Who else should I blame? The cops that drove the lead into the scared little child's throat or the stunned mother trying to protect her doughter from invaders?

All I have to say is that is this little girl was a dog, an animal these police officers would not be getting any sympathy from any one.

The little girl is dead, before her short life flashed before her eye she had a stun grenade knock all her senses out. Can you imagin the fear the poor thing felt before it all came to a terrifying end.

Do you have a little girl? This was a little 7 year old girl man.

I am so sick and tired of reading crap like this. I just want to go to sleep and never have to wake up again.

How do you people defend such things? Why do you do it?

The little girl is in a better place then this hell we live in, i'm not worried about her she is taken care of. Who I am worried about is people who can look at this and defend such things happening.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by johnny2127
reply to post by Izarith

You choose to blame the police, not the criminals. You choose to say they should let this murderer go instead of going into the home to arrest him or her. The child being in that home is not the fault of the police. Its the fault of the parent or parents letting a murderer in their home with a young child there, and then one of them struggling with police when they enter. Don't blame the police when logically its the fault of the parent(s) and the criminals.

You forget to mention the cops raided the wrong flat.... So yea it is their fault. Or is it mistakes happen? collateral damage maybe?

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   

reply to post by Izarith

you can point the finger all day.

still doesnt change the fact that the police officer killed the little girl.

and im not sure under what logic you find the fault of the parent, that they lived underneath the apartment of a murderer. im pretty sure its the police job to go find who all the murderers are, not the mothers. i wouldnt have expected her to know anything about the other residents in her apartment building.

the police should know that with their patriot act, and their wire taps, and their infrared cameras, and their paid informants.

youd think with all of that, they could at least get the intel right, or at least have the decency to hold off until they know the intel they have is correct.

the police have to conform to us, not the other way around. if it takes modifying protocall so that drug dealers are able to flush their crack, but it saves the lives of the INNOCENT, then so be it. i really dont care if officer joe still has a job next month or not. i really dont care if pedro is slingin rocks 5 feet from me. i DO care that this little girl is DEAD.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by lilstu21

They could simply knock on the door or ring the buzzer and tell the women they got a warrant to serch her house, or simply show here a copy of the warrant.

As they didn't do that they use a Flash(bang?) Grenade (a.k.a "Stun Greanade") so the woman inside the front room could not in the slightest here or see that they were cops as she would temporaly be both blind and death.

Lastly those cops should ALL have there guns with safties ON, that way there guns dont accidently go off. Thats why they're called safties!

Buddy you don't know police or SWAT procedures obviously. So before going and saying that they weren't trained, you may want do some research before opening your mouth.

To that point, entry tactics of police depend on what they are entering the premises to look for. Simple evidence, it is a knock on the door. Non violent criminal, its a knock on the door.

HOWEVER, this is a violent MURDERER they were looking for. You do not warn a violent armed murderer that you are about to come in, and allow them to do one of the following:

A) Run
B) Arm themselves
C) Take hostages

With a violent, armed murderer, you disorient the occupants, then breach while screaming who you are and that they need to get on the floor, all while back up is covering exits. Again, you do not knock on the door and warn a violent, armed, murderer that you are about to come in.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by lilstu21

Buddy you don't know police or SWAT procedures obviously. So before going and saying that they weren't trained, you may want do some research before opening your mouth.

To that point, entry tactics of police depend on what they are entering the premises to look for. Simple evidence, it is a knock on the door. Non violent criminal, its a knock on the door.

HOWEVER, this is a violent MURDERER they were looking for. You do not warn a violent armed murderer that you are about to come in, and allow them to do one of the following:

A) Run
B) Arm themselves
C) Take hostages

With a violent, armed murderer, you disorient the occupants, then breach while screaming who you are and that they need to get on the floor, all while back up is covering exits. Again, you do not knock on the door and warn a violent, armed, murderer that you are about to come in.

so how does one let a 7 year old girl and her mother know they are coming in?

same procedure?

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Barging in guns blazing is totally not what the cops (or SWAT) should be doing, as they could accidently kill the murderer or/and other (innocent) people.

it's not about procedures, it's about using a little something called COMMON SENSE!!

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Problem is you can only defend this as "proper police proceedures..."

The police had the info, I'm sure, that a 7 year old was in this house. They CHOSE to ignore that info so they could break down a door and play macho-man. Now they have to make excuses. They are VERY GOOD at making excuses, aren't they?

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by romanmel

not really. seeing as how there is no excuse.

"standard procedure" never was an excuse

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join