It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Undocumented student's arrest called part of 'civil rights disaster'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+21 more 
posted on May, 16 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Undocumented student's arrest called part of 'civil rights disaster'

www.cnn.com

The 21-year-old student at Kennesaw State University in Georgia surrendered Friday morning to authorities in response to a warrant for her arrest issued Wednesday night by the Cobb County Sheriff's Office.
(visit the link for the full news article)

+43 more 
posted on May, 16 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   
So this girl has been in the US illegally since she was 11, she is now 21, was stopped for a traffic violation ( which btw has not been revealed what that was originally) and it was discovered she is an illegal alien, no license, no insurance, and she had been stopped just last week in Alabama and was taken to a deportation facilty, but was released.

So in the 10 years she has been here she has taken advantage of the system to get into college, most likely as a minority she quickly sailed in and used every available financial assistance there is, she is about to graduate that college with honors.
Smart enough to beat the system and get into college, make great grades, but not smart enough to become legal, not smart enough to drive legally, at what point would she become legal? How many students get turned down for a rightful spot in college because it is filled by an illegal alien?
I am sure she is not the only one.

I am all for education, but it fails to impress me that she was driving with no license, no insurance but yet eligible to recieve grants see her way through college, something my wonderful, american neice cannot do. She is legal, she was an honor student, but when applying for assistance she was not eligible for enough grant money to see her way through. And I am talking about the same damn college. KSU.

Now supporters think she should not be deported because she was 'only trying to get an education'. How freakin smart do you have to be to know you are ILLEGAL and need to fix that before you go taking advantage of programs you are not elligible for? How smart was she to continually drive with no insurance? At what point does an illegal make him/her self legal? How?

This is maddening. I think of my niece, actually 3 of them, who applied themselves and could have benifitted greatly by being in college, no wonder that there aren't enough grant funds for them.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

+8 more 
posted on May, 16 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Just to clarify, I have no problem with living in a multi cultural society, matter of fact I love that about America. I have been around the south all of my life and have enjoyed the company of many a hispanic, some of my favorite childhood memories are of my best friends who came here (legally) from Mexico. I love people. But there has to be a line drawn. It is wrong that a person can come here illegally and break laws and take advantage of 'the system' to live off of, to benefit from, with no regard for this country's rules, and to top that off, call us unfair for trying to enforce those laws.

Just a week earlier, she'd been released from a deportation facility in Alabama after being stopped in March for a minor traffic violation

The sheriff's office said she gave a false address when stopped for that violation, a felony charge that her attorney denies

Born in Mexico but living in the United States since she was 11, she could not produce a driver's license, so she handed over as identification an expired passport from Mexico.

I guarantee you if I were stopped for driving without a license and no insurance people would not be looking to me and saying I was great and no problem for society, they would be calling the kettle black.

She was here knowingly illegally, she was driving knowingly illegally, held no insurance to cover her responsibilities in a crash, she is a criminal and should be held in that regard.

[edit on 16-5-2010 by space cadet]

+14 more 
posted on May, 16 2010 @ 01:18 AM
link   
This is mind boggling. How the hell do you get into college without proper identification? This problem is really getting some press finally, but as most of us know, there is nothing new about it. The illegals are completely riding this system and robbing it, but as long as they get their education, I guess we should give them a free pass.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Hey another thread about illegals

Perhaps the mods should ban threads about illegal aliens

+13 more 
posted on May, 16 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   
So this woman enters the U.S. illegally, takes full advantage of the "system" and funds that were intended for legal residents and citizens, lies when questioned by a law enforcement officer, and this is a civil rights disaster?

Take every asset she has gained while illegally here and ship her butt back from whence she came.

The disaster is that the federal government has done a more than miserable job of enforcing our immigration laws.

[edit on 16-5-2010 by expat2368]

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Or at least throw them in the jail thread overnight. It is almost like the mods are the feds!

Just let them try and post one in AZ!

Expect them to find every bleeding heart illegal they can find and post it all over the news.

But the murderers, rapists and other criminals caught and detained then deported then recaptured. Nope, wont see any of those on the MSM networks.

Nothing to see here, move along.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Just wait until this gets to the people of LA, they will want the state to boycott any state they believe is a participant of "civil rights disasters".

+1 more 
posted on May, 16 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by expat2368

You are correct, the real disaster is that this is happening at all. She should never have been in public school without documentation, she shouldn't have been in college. I do not deny any american citizen has the right to an education, keyword being citizen. She didn't even try for a student visa.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

In cases of Children I'd have to say it's not THEIR fault that their parents brought them here illegally... however this particular girl doesn't seem to have any sense of respect for the law.. no license, no insurance etc.. when she graduated, how did she expect to get a job if she couldn't even get a license? .. Buy someones identity?

If they grow up as Americans, speak English fluently, get an education and follow the law, I've no problem letting them stay and be productive members of society. This girl just doesn't seem to have a conscience.

+17 more 
posted on May, 16 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   
When my niece graduated high school she had set her sights on KSU, applied and applied for every grant she could, she was turned down. Her grade point average was 4.0.

She is essentially an orphan, her mom died when she was 5, her father has never been in her life, no finacial or moral support from him, all her grandparents have passed away, I saw a bright young girl who had taken enough in life already without letting it get her down, trying to get this same damn college to help her help herself, and they didn't have the funding, didn't have the spot for her, they said NO!

The girl in this article is the same age as my niece. So apparently the same year my neice was turned down for the college funding, and a spot in KSU , this girl got in and got funding. People that is WRONG!
And what I would call a true civil rights disaster!

[edit on 16-5-2010 by space cadet]

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Another point I would like to make: Look at the titel of this thread. I took that striaght, no changes, from the headline.

She was arrested for traffic violations. How the hell does that spell civil rights disaster?????

+2 more 
posted on May, 16 2010 @ 01:57 AM
link   

You're talking to a 23 year old white male mate..... I couldn't get financial aid from any college for any excuse. The average consensus was, because I'm white I can obviously pull dollar bills from my ass to pay the tuition. I haven't learned that trick yet..

I have a hard time denying anyone the right to education.. this chick like many others is just taking advantage of the system to suit her needs. If she wasn't an ignorant jerk about it, I'd support her fully ya know..

In all likelihood she'd stick around the good ol' usa with her degree and get a job furthering our nations economy in some capacity. Better than being in a gang, having 3 kids by the time shes 21, being a coke addict, selling drugs, or any of the other unsavory things poor migrants do.

PS: I agree, caught committing a crime (several actually) she should be deported (so should her parents) .. All I was sayin, I don't hold wanting an education against someone, and that as a child she didn't intentionally set out to pillage our country and mooch off the education system - her parents did.

[edit on 5/16/2010 by Rockpuck]

+8 more 
posted on May, 16 2010 @ 02:08 AM
link   
WHAT THE HELL!?!?!?! They catch her and confirm she is illegal, who has taken advantage of the system for 10 years and then they LET HER GO?!

This is madness! There is no security! There is no sovereignty! There is no protection!

We have NO LEADERSHIP!

She should have been sent back to her country immediately and never allowed to return. Maybe she could use her smarts she developed to screw over the American citizens to try and improve her HELL HOLE of a nation.

I have ZERO sympathy for her. I hope they are able to round up any of her family who are doing the same.

Times like this I wish I practiced voodoo. Whomever let her go deserves a doozie of a curse.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 02:16 AM
link   

she has taken advantage of the system to get into college, most likely as a minority she quickly sailed in and used every available financial assistance there is

You are making a lot of assumptions here.

You have no proof that she got any financial assistance or "sailed" into college because she is a minority.

It just makes the sroty a little more juicy for you though...doesn't it. Maybe your niece just isn't as smart as this girl. Maybe her essay or interviews were very poor. You have no proof of anything...you are just making things up on the fly.

Sensationalism...you have been trained well by the MSM.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Is it even possible, as a minority, to not get financial aid ... unless you're parents make a ton of money, I'd imagine even still there's some grant for (insert race/ethnicity) so that the college can boast a more "diverse" crowd.

+1 more 
posted on May, 16 2010 @ 02:21 AM
link   

I'd like to know how she was able to buy a car, with no insurance. Well, maybe she paid cash. But how did she buy a car with no drivers license. In my state, no one can buy a car and register it without a drivers license.

And no insurance? Can't register a vehicle without that proof either.

And we have an illegal immigrent not following laws, with no auto insurance. Pitty the poor sap who could have been in a collision with her. And it was her fault? Yikes. The poor sap might have been insured for what he did wrong, But not insured against what some azzhat did who didn't have the same insurance. And no help from the law. Just tuff &hit.

Meanwhile, the uninsured illegal motorist gets what? A fine and a ruling that she can't drive anymore. Like has stopped her.

Would it make a difference if this woman was not Mexican, and instead was Polish? Nope. Not to me.

Illegal is illegal. And bullcrap is bullcrap, no matter what color cow it comes from.

+5 more 
posted on May, 16 2010 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Her grants and her degree were obtained by DEFRAUDING the American people and the university. She should be deported at once and should not obtain her diploma until she has paid back every last penny that her education cost- as a foreign student.. She should NEVER be allowed to become a citizen.
This is no different than what Wall Street & the bankers have stolen from the American people.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by kyred

Having bought most of my cars from private parties, I have never had to prove I had a drivers license to buy a car. In fact I got my first car before I had a license and got it registered just fine.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Hey, as a white male a few years back, my family went bankrupt on the family farm before I went to college. No income for like two years. Lived off the military pension.

What did I get, a work program. Yeah, they provided me a job on campus for minimum wage.

YIPPPEE!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join