It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Undocumented student's arrest called part of 'civil rights disaster'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by space cadet
at what point would she become legal? KSU.

At what point does an illegal make him/her self legal? How?

THE STATUTE OF LIMITATIONS IS 7 YEARS.
So she is legal.
Along with most of them.

Love it or Leave it.
Gotta love the anchor baby.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by space cadet

This girl just doesn't seem to have a conscience.

No conscience? Which of the filters of NLP are you employing here? Deletion, Distortion, or Generalization?

She was stopped for a traffic infraction. Then she gave a false address. She isn't accused of committing a crime of moral turpitude, murder, mayhem, or being a sociopath.

I think she has a conscience but was trying to protect the little she had gained having been raised as an "illegal" in this country.

The problem in the US is that when an individual of the disadvantaged classes, legal or not, is tagged with an offense, the system goes into overdrive to villify and punish rather than to help, support, and rehabilitate.

[edit on 5/16/2010 by dubiousone]

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Anyway, she is been in the nation long enough to claim citizenship or at least start the process.

If you come into this country illegally there are no provisions for immigration to here period. Her only chance is to get back across the border and then attempt to enter the country legally.

I am unaware of this 7 year in-residence clause that another member has brought up. Although I will do some research into it.

Most likely she will be deported back to Mexico or whatever country she's actually from. Then she will use the skills that she stole from our education system and other legal resident student hopefuls alike to get fat rich over there.

There were no grants or scholarships for single white males when I went through college. I had to work two jobs and take out Fu(king loans after loans which to this day I am still trying to pay off.

This freeloading chick can kiss my ass all the way back across the border.

To some of the members who say that there is no proof that she broke any laws then I'd like to call out your ignorance right now. And that includes you OutKast Searcher.

The university that she lied to has all of the legal ammunition that the ICE agents will need once a case against her is set in motion. She will be charged with several counts of theft, identity fraud, tax evasion, false claims on government documents. The list will go on and on.

When you apply for entrance into a university you are asked for your social security number. If you lie about this then you are also in trouble with the Feds who don't like people using false government documents. You are also required to sign a disclaimer that all of the information that you supplied is correct and true. You can double this damning evidence against her when the scholarships and grants that she stole are used against her as well especially when receiving government money is concerned.

This girl lied her way into every grant/scholarship that she received and didn't bat an eyelash when other legal citizens were denied entrance who deserved it.

She needs to have her lying, stealing, cheating ass thrown back across the border where it should have been all along.

[edit on 16-5-2010 by warequalsmurder]

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

I actually agree, she should be deported. She was stopped on a rountine traffic stop and caught out. This is where I can agree with fellow conservative ATSers, that when they are caught they do need to be deported. I believe in amnesty for a certain amount of illegals but not the ones that have been abusing the system.

This still does not justify the 'show your papers' while your walking through the park law in Arizona in my eyes. We should not compromise the freedom of american citizens on the basis of rotten apples in the system. There are other ways to go about this, traffic stops could be one of them. Holding the corporations and education institutes,colleges accountable could be another way to catch the illegals in the system as this is exactly why they are here.

[edit on 16-5-2010 by Southern Guardian]

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Such a travesty
The poor illegal girl got caught! Big whoop she is a honor student. All you fools who are trying to paint this a rosy color are missing the point. She broke multiple laws and she is the victim? Special treatment for those who are not citizens? I especially like that one set of posts From IZARITH

Build your wall and stop exploiting my people, we have Mexico to exploit us we don't need another country doing the same.....

Well if your people would stop coming here and milking our system, you have your own. If it's that bad in Mexico DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT
Instead of stealing what is meant to be for US citizens. But it's easier to mooch off someone else than fix your own problems.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   

something my wonderful, american neice cannot do. She is legal, she was an honor student, but when applying for assistance she was not eligible for enough grant money to see her way through.
www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

We don't know how that girl's college was funded. Her education and financial aid records are confidential. Everything you are reading about that aspect appears to be conjecture.

As for your niece, why doesn't her family help make up the difference between her grants and the cost of college? What about student loans? You can't blame this "illegal" child for your niece's situation.

[edit on 5/16/2010 by dubiousone]

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by RRokkyy

Sorry, if a person is in the country illegally the law is being broken continuously. There is no statute of limitation application.

With your logic, if I kidnapped someone and held them for over seven years, I would be good to go.

MAJOR logic fail.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by dubiousone

If she was able to pay for college (doubtful) then perhaps she should have put a little bit of that money into getting legal citizenship. That aside its disgusting to see this crap happening but make no mistake about it the politicians love the illegals because its more votes for them with their non-existent enforcement of current immigration laws and policy.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
This is addressed to any of you racist sheeple, either side you're on- I don't care- Are all being played like violins by the elites so you fight your neighbor intead of fighting the elites, hating your neighbors instead of hating these who put you through nonstop wars while taking your wealth away from you, its not your human cousins who are doing this its 'Royalty' who are pulling off one of the greatest tricks of warfare: How to beat your enemy when you are vastly outnumbered- and its to make them fight among themselves!

Good going, any of you hateful tools. You're a good bunch of tools. The ptb would hate to lose such good tools, tools.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe
reply to post by RRokkyy

Sorry, if a person is in the country illegally the law is being broken continuously. There is no statute of limitation application.

With your logic, if I kidnapped someone and held them for over seven years, I would be good to go.

MAJOR logic fail.

And this is also the reason she could not apply to legalize her situation.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by DogsDogsDogs
She should NEVER be allowed to become a citizen.

She should be shown how and given the opportunity to become a "legal" resident of this country. If someone had shown her how to do these things you all wouldn't be having this opportunity to dump a BSL on her in this thread.

Try focusing and directing your energies on the real (though "legal") corruption in this system, the corruption which has a tangible harmful impact on your life, and maybe you'll accomplish something worthwhile. Here, all you're doing is making distracting noise.

I guarantee you this girl has no impact on your life in any way except the fleeting opportunity to join in a dump fest via this thread.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by star in a jar
This is addressed to any of you racist sheeple, either side you're on- I don't care- Are all being played like violins by the elites so you fight your neighbor intead of fighting the elites, hating your neighbors instead of hating these who put you through nonstop wars while taking your wealth away from you, its not your human cousins who are doing this its 'Royalty' who are pulling off one of the greatest tricks of warfare: How to beat your enemy when you are vastly outnumbered- and its to make them fight among themselves!

Good going, any of you hateful tools. You're a good bunch of tools. The ptb would hate to lose such good tools, tools.

It looks like they have won but exactly what is it that they have won.
Cheap labor at the price of the destruction of the country.
Ask Dr. Moreau

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   

my niece * * * applied and applied for every grant she could
[edit on 16-5-2010 by space cadet]

Grants are not the only way to finance a college education and KSU is not the only college in the U.S.

You only mention grants. What about other forms of financial aid?

I paid for my own college and post-graduate education with my personal savings, student loans, and part time work. No grants or giveaways. It can be done if one is sufficiently motivated.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Conservative Senator Orin Hatch and TEXAS favor illegal aliens over citizen students.

Senator Hatch is a avid proponent of the Dream Act to give citizenship to illegal aliens.

It’s not just “bleeding heart” liberals that allow illegal aliens to take spots in college, that should go to U.S. citizens first.

The Illegal Immigration Reform and Immigrant Responsibility Act (IIRIRA) of 1996 (Sec. 505) sought to prohibit states from providing a postsecondary education benefit to an alien not lawfully present in the United States on the basis of residence unless any U.S. citizen or national is eligible for the same benefit.

States take actions to benefit illegal aliens, and TEXAS was the first, in spite of IIRIRA law.

In June 2001, Texas (HB1403) was the first state to pass legislation allowing in-state tuition for immigrant students, followed by California (AB540), Utah (HB144), and New York (SB7784) in 2001-2002; Washington (HB1079), Oklahoma (SB596)and Illinois (HB60) in 2003; Kansas (HB2145) in 2004; New Mexico (SB582) in 2005; Nebraska (LB239) in 2006; and Wisconsin (A75) in 2009. The state laws permitted these students to become eligible for in-state tuition if they graduate from state high schools, have two to three years residence in the state, and apply to a state college or university.

Court Cases: Where U.S. citizens are discriminated against, if favor of illegal aliens.

California: Students paying out-of-state tuition attending California schools filed a lawsuit in the Yolo County State Superior Court (Martinez v. Regents, No. CV 05-2064), claiming that education officials violated the IIRIRA by offering in-state tuition to unauthorized immigrant students while continuing to charge U.S. citizens out-of-state tuition rates. The complaint was filed against the University of California, California State University, and state community college systems, who offered in-state tuition to unauthorized immigrant students following Assembly Bill 540, enacted in October 2001. The U.S. citizens lost.

Kansas: A claim was brought to the Kansas District Court by a Missouri resident denied in-state tuition while unauthorized immigrant students were granted in-state tuition benefits, arguing that this violated IIRIRA . The U.S. citizens lost again!

www.ncsl.org...

Here in California we also have to buy “Uninsured Motorist” insurance, to pay for damage to our car, and injuries caused by unlicensed, uninsured persons, like Ms. Colotl, who are driving anyway.

Ms. Colotl's legal problems started in late March when her car was stopped on the Kennesaw State campus. Born in Mexico but living in the United States since she was 11, she could not produce a driver's license, so she handed over as identification an expired passport from Mexico.

If she hit somebody, she would probably escape financial responsibility by saying “ I have no assets” and the U.S. citizens pay again.

Are you tired of paying for illegal aliens, and letting them take college spots away from U.S. citizens? Do you support the "Dream Act," like Senator Hatch?

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Yes, this IS a civil rights disaster - for ME and EVERY OTHER tax paying citizen of this country. We are being robbed of our resources and nothing is being done about it.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   

reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Excuse me but my niece is extremely bright, she had been included in the gifted students program since 2nd grade. She was a dedicated student who got an award for never, not even once, being out of school in her entire school career. She did not just sit in class and bear the day, she was hungry to learn, and learn she did. Her essay was wonderful. She had support from her teachers and mentors, but it did not happen. No funding was sent her way to allow her into KSU.

You made an assumption here, and an insulting one at that. I am not trying to insult the subject of this thread's intelligence, I am distraught with the method she took to arrive at this point. Illegally.

You brought your neice into this conversation...not me. You are trying to blame this girl for your nieces shortcomings.

I looked into KSU...not a very highly ranked school...if your niece couldn't get into that school...then I question your "facts" about her being gifted.

Also..they have very very low tuition for in-state residents...and seeing that it isn't high ranked school...I don't know why anyone out of state would even try.

US News College Costs

Costs: 2009-2010 In-state: $4,942; Out-of-state: $16,918
Percent of 2008 graduating class who have borrowed 75%
Average total indebtedness of 2008 graduating class: $13,500

That is easily covered by loans...so I'm not buying your story that your neice couldn't go there because she couldn't get a grant.

And you also can't claim that this girl would need financial aid to go here. It is very low costs...maybe her parents have saved up their whole lives...no one knows. So for you to make claims that she gamed the system to get financial aid without having proof is ignorant.

If you don't want comments made about your niece...don't bring her into the conversation. Because if she couldn't get into KSU...then I just don't believe your claims that she is as bright as you say she is.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I have this sneaking suspicion that this case will become a flashpoint for an epic battle over amnesty/immigration.
There are two sides to this coin,I can see the valid arguements for both sides,since she was obviousely brought over as a child I doubt she has any semblance of a home to be deported to.
Not that what she has done is right it isnt but I'll bet she isnt deported in the end. This is definantly a case to keep an eye on.

[edit on 5/16/10 by nickoli]

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   

When my niece graduated high school she had set her sights on KSU, applied and applied for every grant she could, she was turned down. Her grade point average was 4.0.

She is essentially an orphan, her mom died when she was 5, her father has never been in her life, no finacial or moral support from him, all her grandparents have passed away, I saw a bright young girl who had taken enough in life already without letting it get her down, trying to get this same damn college to help her help herself, and they didn't have the funding, didn't have the spot for her, they said NO!

The girl in this article is the same age as my niece. So apparently the same year my neice was turned down for the college funding, and a spot in KSU , this girl got in and got funding. People that is WRONG!
And what I would call a true civil rights disaster!

[edit on 16-5-2010 by space cadet]

It is indeed wrong! How many more of our youth will be displaced because of illegals? This girl had plenty of time to get herself legal and didn't even bother.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I come from a pretty poor family here in the US, but my parents and i wanted me to go to college, so my mom and dad both took second part time jobs and i took on alot of debt so i could go to University of Illinois.

When i was in a freshman in college I lived in the dorms. I was flat broke, not unlike alot of other students, living on ramen noodles and peanut butter and jelly.

I soon got to know 3 Indian (from India) kids across the hall that all lived together. These were all wealthy kids, each had fancy cars, 2 of them were mercedes i dont remember what the other on was, nice clothes, wore gold chains, etc..

Turns out their fathers were all surgeons, in India. The students were here in the U.S on student visas.

They later told me how they were all going to school for free because they were a minority. Their tuition, books, living expenses were all free because they were a minoriy and the school had a quota to fullfill. Now, just so theres no confusion it didnt have anything to do with academics, these kids rarely went to class, it was only because they were a minority. So these kids were going to a state shcool funded by the tax payers for free because they were a minority from another country.

It has just always bothered me how they abused the system, Their fathers probably made more in one month if not more than my father and mother made all year and yet they went to school for free and my parents were working 70hrs/week to so i could have an opportunity to better my life. Their parents could have easily paid for their education, and left that money for someone more deserving.

[edit on 16-5-2010 by skull_bones]

[edit on 16-5-2010 by skull_bones]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join