It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Parallel Planet Earth Being Created

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Parallel Planet Earth Being Created

In an unnerving parody of the 3-D virtual reality world of Second Life, the US Department of Defense (DOD) is developing a parallel mirror of Planet Earth on a massive, global scale, called the Sentient World Simulation. Billions of individual "nodes" virtually reflect every man, woman, and child.

Sentient World Simulation (SWS) will be a continuously running, continually updated mirror model of the real world that can be used to predict and evaluate future events and courses of action. It will react to actual events that occur anywhere in the world and in corporate newly sensed data from the real world. SWS will provides the ability to examine the likely progression of the status-quo as well as explore any "what if" scenarios.

"SWS provides an environment for testing Psychological Operations (PSYOP)," the paper reads, so that military leaders can "develop and test multiple courses of action to anticipate and shape behaviors of adversaries, neutrals, and partners". SWS also replicates financial institutions, utilities, media outlets, and street corner shops. By applying theories of economics and human psychology, its developers believe they can predict how individuals and mobs will respond to various stressors.

"The idea is to generate alternative futures with outcomes based on interactions between multiple sides," said Purdue University professor of Information Systems, Alok Chaturvedi, co-author of the SWS concept paper.

Also a video, that briefly goes over this.

Sources:
A
B
Same As Above Different Source
C

I had not picked up on this until recently, and would like people on ATS's opinions on it.

[edit on 15-5-2010 by GoodLuckCharm]

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Haven't they done enough damage to society?

No, since there is still resistance left.

I am sick of crap like this.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
It does not appear to be anything new, just going by the dates in the articles, 2007 and 2006, I assume it has been going on for a lot longer than this. According to Wikipedia I think it was being put into use in 2004 or evaluated at least.

Made a mistake to, part of this was already posted on this thread

The systems "ultimate goal" was "envisioned by Alok R. Chaturvedi on March 10, 2006"

[edit on 15-5-2010 by GoodLuckCharm]

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Wow.
This reminds me of Minority Report.
Think of the adverse implications, being arrested for a thought crime found in a simulator.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
please get some of the best hackers to make it turn on them and win

it is not to test wars.
its to test the People.
god only know what they will do to us!!

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Yes this is minority report.

Did not know they were this far along with it.

Now if you can transfer your soul into them wallah you have the matrix.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Oh no then they can see possible futures when the TPTB succeeded on taking control of the World forever

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Grey Magic
They haven't done enough damage to this world, they needed a simulation to find out how to make even worse damage in the shortest frame of time.

Nothing good will come out of this.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
very scary project indeed
I wonder if there is an ATS in that simulation
and if boondock-saint is actually typing
this message. Or maybe we're the simulation
and that one is real. Either way, we're
both controlled. Not good at all !!!!
Seems like our military could find better
uses for our tax dollars, like giving some of it
up to boost the economy. Guess it isn't working
too good else they would have used it to find
a way to win in Iraq and Afgh.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
The deterministic psychos are at it again.

Control freaks are desperate addicts for control.

I have to wonder if individuals certainly are that quantifiable, & i wouldn't be shocked if aggregate masses of people are also somewhat unpredictable.

Corpses ARE fairly predictable & many Americans do have similar behavior routines to them, but live people are much more quixotic, not so easy to simply bag.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

Looks more like Isaac Asimov's Psychohistory science branch in his Foundation series.

PSYCHOHISTORY–...Gaal Dornick, using nonmathematical concepts, has defined psychohistory to be that branch of mathematics which deals with the reactions of human conglomerates to fixed social and economic stimuli.... ... Implicit in all these definitions is the assumption that the human conglomerate being dealt with is sufficiently large for valid statistical treatment. The necessary size of such a conglomerate may be determined by Seldon's First Theorem which ... A further necessary assumption is that the human conglomerate be itself unaware of psychohistoric analysis in order that its reactions be truly random ... The basis of all valid psychohistory lies in the development of the Seldon Plan. Functions which exhibit properties congruent to those of such social and economic forces as ... ENCYCLOPEDIA GALACTICA

Here is the link: www.technovelgy.com...

It was written for a sci-fi novel...

But let's not forget that there is no way to predict the unpredictable. There's always something that goes through the cracks...

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Doesn't this mean that our simulation will come to an end now according to the holographic universe theory? I think I read that on the internet. I guess we'll find out when it's up and running, huh? Scary. Man the source I read this in is in the realm of the lost and vanished.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Wow...this is deep...very.

Since someone thought of this at all, brings up the question...who's to say some ancient civilization somewhere in existence and millions of years (even 100,000yrs) ahead of our capability hasn't already done this...on the real plane instead of just the virtual?

In fact, who's to say we aren't all simply virtual to some other advanced-past-self-destruction type of higher species with technology that makes ours look like a bad 2-D (or...ewww...monochrome text) version of a Sims game?

Thanks for the spark...

On another front: If they took the resources they're using to predict humanity, and focused them to predict life sustaining Earth resources (in an effort to balance with them)...we might actually GET somewhere as a species.

[edit on 16-5-2010 by lagnar]

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 06:13 AM
link   
This is what I would expect the DoD to be doing, Im surprised it took this long to read about. Very interesting.

In fact, this is what anyone in a position of power has always done and always will do in order to maintain his status quo. Its just that now its possible to do all this planning and simulating on a grand virtual-reality scale.

Dare I say that unless they want to loose power, that they should be doing this?

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Maybe, if we are told this, it means that project MK-Ultra has achieved total, global mind control capacities. We may already be in it!...

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   
I wonder if I can have a look and see what I'm doing, you know get some help from the virtual me?

This is actually pretty freaky, but I fear it will be pointless.

If you know anything about chaos theory you'll know that these types of simulated models will NEVER be able to account for the infinite number of variables needed to predict (or even come close) what will happen in systems like "the World".

In the 60's Edward Lorenz created a simple program to represent the weather, he only used a few variables/equations (3 I think) and loaded them into his computer.

He found that the out come was different EVERY time, even starting with values with infinitesimal differences!!!

There is no way they can get meaningful results from this, it may be interesting, but not accurate.

COUGH - I hope!!

Lorenz Weather Simulation

E. Lorenz

[edit on 16-5-2010 by kiwifoot]

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Wow, thats too much..I sure wish they wouldnt have mentioned Second Life..that's where I make my living..designing virtual clothing..

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
This sounds like the first step towards a fully functional V-World.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by GoodLuckCharm

The first major use of early computers was in breaking codes. That required we approach code breaking from the perspective, "if I apply this formula to this problem, what happens?" As computers got faster, many possible solutions to problems became possible. In time more then one solution might solve a problem, so you could choose which solution fit your criteria best. As technology improved, more abstract scenarios could be modled. I have an odd unemotional reaction to the OP, the effects of the technology and how it may be used. I feel the same as I do concerning the sun coming up the next day, its inevitable.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Alright, now I am going to take your idea and go one step further.

Let us say they are creating a virtual internet. To implement removal of the internet they could not just shut it down or try and control the information or even just take one person out at a time.

What if they could make all the sites that have people like us, virtual.

Then poof, they can take out all the unbelievers at once.

Talking some serious sci fi novel stuff here baby.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join