It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian Forced to Sell Kidney to Pay Debt to Boss in Pakistan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Christian Forced to Sell Kidney to Pay Debt to Boss in Pakistan

www.rightsidenew s.com

LAHORE, Pakistan, May 14 (Compass Direct News) - A low-wage Pakistani Christian said his Muslim employer last week forced him to sell his kidney in an effort to pay off a loan his boss made at exorbitant interest rates charged only to non-Muslims.

John Gill, a molding machine operator at Shah Plastic Manufacturers in the Youhanabad area of Lahore, said he took a loan of 150,000 rupees (US$1,766) - at 400 percent interest - from employer Ghulam Mustafa in 2007 in order to send his 17-year-old daughter to college.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
According to the principals of Islamic law or "Sharia", Muslims are forbidden from charging or accepting interest fees so at first, I thought that this incident was no big deal. Then I read that this "boss" is charging Muslims 50 percent interest so this is clearly not due to Sharia, but rather plain old discrimination against Christians. One could easily argue that this turkey shouldn't have taken a loan with a known 400 percent interest rate and if this is true, it is only his fault. However, this type of discrimination is only a small part of the over-all discrimination against Christians in Muslim majority nations, particularly Pakistan.

Edited to add: I'm usually the one to stick up for Muslims and their practices as they are usually spun in a propagandist manner against Islam by western media outlets. However, I'm not above calling out injustices perpetrated by Muslims when I see them either and this is clearly one of those injustices, if this is true.

www.rightsidenew s.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 15-5-2010 by airspoon]

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
What good is it to post a thread like this when no one can say anything bad about moslems without being called a criminal?

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

Airspoon.....

I'm going to take a guess here & say I think this might not be true.

If I get time, I will see if I can find more info about this.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Its a shame ... this is evidence if there was ever any required, that hate and prejudice are more powerful than brotherhood, the bond of blood between all creatures of earth. It will not change until attitudes do .

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I doubt this too....mainly because Muslim posters on ATS have said a Muslim would under no circumstances have an organ from a non-muslim.

They would consider they were contaminated. Perhaps a muslim will come along and clear this up.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by rothmans

Who would call you a criminal for saying something bad about Muslims?

reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

I believe this story could be true for a couple of reasons though this article is only from the testimony of the alleged victim. The first reason being that this type of thing happens often because Christians are in fact discriminated against in Pakistan. Generally, Christians and Jews are treated surprisingly well in a lot of Muslim-majority countries (such as Iran, Saudi Arabia, Pre-invasion Afghanistan) though sadly not in Pakistan.

Also, I would tend not to believe this story, due to Sharia alone and the implications of Muslims both being charged and charging interest. However, Pakistan has never been a country to really follow Sharia or a strict interpretation of it. I have heard of many instances of Muslims being charged interest in Pakistan.

Really, there is nothing in this story to lead me to believe that it isn't true, though nothing has been comfirmed by anyone other than the victim. Nothing really seems outlandish or out of the norm, for Pakistan at least. Because of this, I see no reason to discount this story, off-hand.

Just my 2 cents.

--airspoon

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Airspoon.....

Thank you for your commentary.

As I said, mine is only a guess.

I will be interested to watch this discussion develop.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting
I doubt this too....mainly because Muslim posters on ATS have said a Muslim would under no circumstances have an organ from a non-muslim.

They would consider they were contaminated. Perhaps a muslim will come along and clear this up.

Actually, the article even states that many westerners or people from "rich countries" come to Pakistan for their illegal organ market. So, there is nothing to suggest that Muslims would want or take this organ. Also, I'm sure that certain entrepreneurs would try to market this organ as coming from a Muslim, if they wanted to sell it to a Muslim though I doubt Muslims would be the target of such marketing. However, with that being said, many Muslims would not get an organ transplant at all, as many of them seeing such a thing as being against Islam, regardless of whether it comes from a Muslim or not.

--airspoon

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Money is the root of all problems. This story can very well be a perfect example of this problem. The father found a way to get the money for people who would not teach if not for the money. Everyone needs money now. That is only people who have been indoctrinated into thinking they need money.

I am a capitalist in the way I live a preach. Yet I envy the people who care not of money and live only on the debt of their immediate surroundings and wit.

Money is debt is trust. To trust a human being is to trust every human being. You just can't do it. Therefore any trust in money is total trust in humanity.

If you have no money and you live a meaningful life, I envy you.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Gill is a Sikh family name, not a christian one
His first name is John yes but that means very little, anyone can be named a christian first name in India

However often full names like his are also Zorastrian

But who in their right mind would say yes to a 400% interest rate?
WTHHHH

In any case many people will turn this into a hate thread despite:

Rights groups, however, have complained that hundreds of rich foreigners come to Pakistan every year to buy kidneys from live, impoverished donors.

In any case something seems odd about this story

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
so they call themselves true muslims and the protectors of kabba, the house of god. but they steal and mistreat each other, they lie and worse do it in the name of islam. if god was to destroy a people he would do with the hypocrites of Pakistan and saudi arabia first

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Actually, "Gill" is a Jat surname. "Jat people of Pakistan are followers of many faiths. Today they mostly follow Hinduism, Islam, or Sikhism, with a minority following Christianity" sourced here. It would actually be expected to see a Christian first name on a Christian convert in Pakistan, just as one would find an Islamic name on a Muslim Jatt.

Also, it is certainly not my intention to turn this into a Muslim hate thread, but rather to only call attention to discrimination against Christians by a very small number of Muslims in Pakistan.

--airspoon

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

The organ donors and the numbers of impoverished woman being lured into abortions as well, so their unborn children can be used for research and even youth creams, etc, for the wealthy (and they are left to bleed to death with any complications, no one risks being penalized over the life of a poor woman considered to be worth next to nothing), has been ongoing for many many decades in India, Pakistan and many other countries. It is appalling.

Its fairly easy to entice a woman into aborting her child when her other 3 children are hungry all the time, and most of the food is going for their father who is a rickshaw driver and already shortening his life expectancy to half of ours, though without his income they would have no dowry for their daughter or income at all.

The City of Joy, was an incredibly informative book, the movie not so much, it was the book that was eye opening.

top topics

join