It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING NEWS! Ocean Floor Rising - 13ft Per Day! Australia

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
It is a fact that the Moon raises by its gravity the surface
of the land mass by about 40 cm each time the Moon is
opposite it.

It is the same force that causes the bulges of the water
mass of the oceans (the tides).

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Udo Hohnekamp Lux.
It is a fact that the Moon raises by its gravity the surface
of the land mass by about 40 cm each time the Moon is
opposite it.

It is the same force that causes the bulges of the water
mass of the oceans (the tides).

This I know, but it seems the frequency of the rise and fall was increasing. I do NOT want to say this is fishy, but it is interesting to me. Does the frequency of the rise and fall increase as the moon gets closer? I always though it was steady...after all there are not multiple high and low tides throughout the day. Then again it could just be normal waves...But the icon i still pulsating.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springheel Jack

Thanks Byrd for the link, but is what Disclosure posted just limited to that one event or are we looking at a larger pattern here?

Yes and no.

When there's a large earthquake, the plates shift and we see increased activity around the world as the geological plates realign themselves. So you see the aftereffects of large ones in an increased swarm for a week or so.

Earthquakes are VERY common (there are hundreds daily because this is an active planet) -- but most take place very far under the crust and can't be felt on the surface.

I'm glossing over a lot of stuff here -- this is the quick and dirty version.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I would like to point out that you can edit the information yourself, much like Notepad, so everyone should verify whatever themselves, in case someone on here is modifying the actual information.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Pocky

Are you sure? I know Andrew so I will ask him.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman
I scrolled down to “Data Access” and searched on Water Column Heights:
03/30/2010 00:00:00 to 04/13/2010 23:59:59

If you take the March 30 data and subtract the April 12 data you get 179 meters or 587 feet, which is alot:

2010 03 30 00 00 00 1 4593.252
2010 04 12 12 59 00 2 4414.176

179.076 meters

179.076 m = 587.519 '

You ask a very good question. I looked up the buoys, and they have a very short lifespan (2-4 years)
www.bom.gov.au...

Sooooo... I checked to see what's close -- 55023 and 55012 are the currently deployed ones in that area (so I can compare what's going on within a few hundred miles) :
map.ngdc.noaa.gov...

As of my recent data scan, 55012 appears to be out of service as of 3/17/10 (anomalies shown earlier indicate the thing was failing, and it WAS 2 years old.)

In checking 55023 (date March 13 to April 12 with one week lapse in data), I see no data anomalies (except for one 9999.9 which I think is a failure to transmit... so that 'one week out for service' might be plausible).

I'm thinking that there's something odd in the way the requests are being processed.

If the area was rising that fast, we'd see a lot of seismograph activity in the area.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I THINK THIS IS GOING ON 4 A WHILE NOW..
NOW ITS JUST GETTING MUCH WORSE..
THE REASON THERE ARE NO TSUNAMIS IS THE WATER MASS IS 2 GEAT IT HAS 4 NOW ONLY INCREASED TIDES A BIT

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gentill Abdulla
reply to post by Pocky

Are you sure? I know Andrew so I will ask him.

I was talking about the info on the National Data Buoy Center website. When you click on an icon, and then click "view event details", you will see a list of Water Column Height. This you can edit. Just click anywhere on it and hold down delete, you will see what I mean.

[edit on 16-5-2010 by SubPop79]

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
That's just expanding earth proof again. Very interesting stuff indeed. I wonder what other parts of the world are experiencing this type of elevation change from internal pressures? Expanding earth

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Tide is caused by the Moon.

Places getting permanently submerged can only happen by tectonic shift or some meteorite with enough water to increase world water level.

I don't think Washington DC is going to get submerged in 2013 because we don't have that much water. Also, if that does happen, then so can the great flood stories of so many beliefs.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Is Atlantis arising again?

13 feet? how many square feet of seafloor is rising?
a volcano going up?

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
In this world 85% of volcanic activity is under the oceans. This newly emerging volcano is building up a lava and ash plateux at the feeble rate of a mere thirteen feet per day. It being at a depth of 15,000 feet it is not likely to be breaking the surface any time soon or even ever. It is just another waste of our time to worry about such an event which is really not as spectacular as the author of the thread might be thinking it to be. These things are very common. Certainly no threat to life and limb.

[edit on 17/5/2010 by CAELENIUM]

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

That area your talking about is in a suberb called railway estate ,which has the thuringowa river right next to it , these tides always affect that suburb , so yes i know this specific piece of information about this particular suburb , but i am on the coastline , Never have i seen it that close , bar cyclones , Any connection i dont know .

[edit on 18-5-2010 by StaceyWilson]

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

Thanks Byrd,almost crapped myself there.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

Thanks for this response. The only thing you find on the Internet is story after story all quoting from the same made up source. There's nothing on the NOAA site or in the AUS newspapers. Some people like to create hoaxes.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I find this an interesting post. And before someone says something to me about that.... it just sounds like a good book is all.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join