It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING NEWS! Ocean Floor Rising - 13ft Per Day! Australia

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
Okay... I had a look at the data. Here it is:

The Slosh

On the night of 4/12/10 there is a "slosh" that rises up ONE METER (about 3 feet for Americans) and then goes back down. That would be the splash (tsunami) from the earthquake event. The event lasts about 4 minutes.

The sea floor is NOT rising.

Question:

www.ndbc.noaa.gov... =Submit

I scrolled down to “Data Access” and searched on Water Column Heights:
03/30/2010 00:00:00 to 04/13/2010 23:59:59

If you take the March 30 data and subtract the April 12 data you get 179 meters or 587 feet, which is alot:

2010 03 30 00 00 00 1 4593.252
2010 04 12 12 59 00 2 4414.176

179.076 meters

179.076 m = 587.519 '

But then if you look at the data, you see that this was a “one week” occurrence (or maybe on night like you said) – or maybe what you’re calling a “slosh”?

2010 04 12 12 01 00 2 4413.204
2010 04 05 10 59 00 2 4592.518

Still, I’m not seeing 1 meter… I’m seeing 179 meters. There is no more recent data for this buoy so I wonder if it’s working right. I’d have to agree with you though, this seems to be using selected data to conjure a shocking story.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by discl0sur3
As mentioned in my initial post, this is not my research. I found the thread interesting and posted it for opinions.
I always thought that ATS was a conspiracy site, correct me if I'm wrong.
FYI - I did some research after my original post and found this:
NDBC

My guess is that this bouey was being serviced at this time...

I think the point here is that most people here expect you to do the research before posting something... especially something making such an astounding claim. It's also a good survival strategy on ATS because you have to know people are going to look at everything you have to say. The way you posted it could have caused some confusion too because you didn't link the forum discussion nor did you use quote tags. It did look like it was your research because of this.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman

Originally posted by discl0sur3
As mentioned in my initial post, this is not my research. I found the thread interesting and posted it for opinions.
I always thought that ATS was a conspiracy site, correct me if I'm wrong.
FYI - I did some research after my original post and found this:
NDBC

My guess is that this bouey was being serviced at this time...

I think the point here is that most people here expect you to do the research before posting something... especially something making such an astounding claim. It's also a good survival strategy on ATS because you have to know people are going to look at everything you have to say. The way you posted it could have caused some confusion too because you didn't link the forum discussion nor did you use quote tags. It did look like it was your research because of this.

Fair enough, duly noted although I did use quote tags. Direct links were not provided to the thread because it appears in a competitive website which of course is against ATS posting rules.

Thank you for your post.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by discl0sur3

No problem... what I mean by quote tags is the use of [ quote ] [ /quote ] (without the spaces... so it comes out looking

like this

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Has any conformation been made on this? Is it a malfunction? I had a look. I really hope it's a malfunction

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I almost forgot. I looked up data all the way back to 2009 with the given site. It showed heights of 9999.000. I'm sure that at least is a malfunction?

[edit on 15-5-2010 by Qurious]

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
false, there is no facts of this on the internet, [snip]

Removed uncivil comment

[edit on 15/5/10 by masqua]

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Bugger!

Low land south east coast here I should be 30 metres under water by now?

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Screw Australia, I want to know why Station 41424 is pulsating off the coast of South Carolina. According to the chart, a pulsating icon is a "Tsunami station in event mode."

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
Okay... I had a look at the data. Here it is:

The Slosh

On the night of 4/12/10 there is a "slosh" that rises up ONE METER (about 3 feet for Americans) and then goes back down. That would be the splash (tsunami) from the earthquake event. The event lasts about 4 minutes.

The sea floor is NOT rising.

The alarmist apparently doesn't know that 1 meter = about 3 feet or that if the ocean floor there had been rising 13 feet per day, it would be out of water by now and Australia would be a very much larger continent. The Aussies couldn't miss it... the stink of decaying plants and organisms would be everywhere.

THIS IS WHY I LOVE THE STAR SYSTEM.

While strolling through this post, wondering if i should flip the F out and flag this bad boy i came across a crap load of stars. I knew, before reading the post, that this post was going to be important. The 20 stars was telling me to pay attention to this right NOW.

Thank you ATS for having the star system in place. Also thank you Byrd and i LOVED the bit about the stink of decaying plants and organisms would be hard to miss... great job!

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   
You do know there are a lot of Aussies on this forum right ??? I live on the beach in south east Queensland in Australia and the water looks like it is in the exact same position it has been for the last 10 years ???

Im saying hoax ... .. if the water had risen that much my house would be in the ocean, did u think to ask anyone from Australia if their house was underwater ??

[edit on 15/5/10 by King Loki]

[edit on 16/5/10 by King Loki]

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Just for fun, i will say this to you guys, what would the oceans floor rising have to do with the level of water where you live ?

Not sure how you could prove that the water would always rise with it , just saying.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   
HA HA HA 13ft per day, not true.

I live on the east coast of australia, on the beach, I surf most days and I can say that some numbers are out or someone is yanking chains, because that sea floor rise just isnt happening, maybe its NZ caught in a timeline shift but I doubt it.

[edit on 16-5-2010 by deenuu]

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Interesting Scallions map indicates a rise in the ocean floor for that area. Not saying Scallion is correct...but interesting.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   
I'm all for new theories and environmental awareness but don't you feel like you're sensationalizing the research by making it seem like the absolute truth in the headline when it is at best a theory?

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by discl0sur3

check this out

views
markeishnettles — May 09, 2010 — no description available

Save to Share
Post a comment

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 02:41 AM
link   
If the sea floor had risen that much, Port Phillip Bay and French Island/Phillip Island and other shallow land masses close to the coast would be all be one big land mass by now...

Last time I checked the bay was still full of water...lol

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by King Loki
You do know there are a lot of Aussies on this forum right ??? I live on the beach in south east Queensland in Australia and the water looks like it is in the exact same position it has been for the last 10 years ???

Im saying hoax ... .. if the water had risen that much my house would be in the ocean, did u think to ask anyone from Australia if their house was underwater ??

Looked the same for me this morning as well .I'll just undo the tie downs for the ski boat just in case i need to make a haste retreat.

Thanks

Ocker

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by SubPop79
Screw Australia, I want to know why Station 41424 is pulsating off the coast of South Carolina. According to the chart, a pulsating icon is a "Tsunami station in event mode."

Whaaaat? If accurate, this isn't good news for me!

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join