It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sen Arlen Specter Abandoned by Obama, Imploding In Pa. Senate Race!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Less than one week before a tightening Democratic primary, the White House announced that President Obama will not travel to Pennsylvania to campaign for him.

In his increasingly uphill bid for reelection, Sen. Arlen Specter, D-Pa., can’t seem to catch a break. He’s a five-term incumbent during a time of fierce anti-establishment sentiment. He’s running as a Democrat, for the first time in four decades, in a year when the party is on the defensive.

If that wasn’t bad enough, Specter also must maneuver carefully around Obama’s choice for the Supreme Court, Elena Kagan, whom he opposed for solicitor general last year. As his primary challenger, Rep. Joe Sestak, reminds Democrats, Specter’s 2009 vote is one on a long list of party-line votes he cast as a Republican.

New polls show Specter’s once-formidable lead in Tuesday’s primary has vanished. Despite a sizable financial advantage, the 80-year-old senator now is locked in a dead heat with Sestak, 58, a retired three-star Navy admiral who ousted a 10-term Republican in 2006 in the moderate Philadelphia suburbs and then won re-election by 20 points.

Some of Specter’s problems are also self-inflicted; for example, he occasionally slips up at Democratic events and refer to the audience as “Republicans.” And, as The Washington Post’s Chris Cillizza pointed out Thursday, Specter tripped up during his debut as a Democrat. Specter “was badly off his game in the days immediately following his decision to switch parties last April,” Cillizza writes. “In explaining his decision to switch, Specter didn't cite deep principles but rather his belief that his best chance to be re-elected was by running as a Democrat/ex]

“His now-infamous quote — 'My change in party will enable me to be re-elected' — sums up the problem for Specter. (Sestak turned that quote into an absolutely devastating ad against Specter.),” Cillizza adds. “If he winds up on the short end on Tuesday, Specter may well look back to April 28, 2009 as the day he lost the race.”
Adds liberal pundit Margret Carlson, “The Republican-turned-Democrat looks "like an incumbent of two parties in a year when it’s better to be an incumbent of none.”
Source: www.newsmax.com...

LOL LOL. Here is PA-we have been waiting for this clown to get taken out. This is just too good to be true. Yet more proof that Obama just uses people and tosses them aside. HEY ARLEN. Thanks for your health care vote!!! LOL LOL

Another body to the Obama body count item on the list. Hey Arlen. We're behind you every step of the way. LOL LOL. I hope this sends a clear sign to the rest of those morons that believed THE LIAR Obama.

My day has been made!!!

MOD EDIT: fix external quote tags

[edit on Fri May 14 2010 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Give me one good reason why democrats or Obama should support Arlen Spector. He did not become a democrat in order to further the democratic agenda, he did so to further the Arlen Spector legacy.

I agree with you in that I'm glad to see him go, but I have to tell you there are others who need to go as well. Idiots like Joe Lieberman, John McCain, Mitch McConnell, John Boehner, just to name a few.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Maybe it's because Specter can't remember his own party. Speaking to the Allegheny County Democratic Committee, he referred to them as Republicans.

Twice.

Source

He's a DINO.
In more ways than one. (That was mean - Sorry.)

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I would love to see specter lose, just not in the Democratic primary. I am voting for Specter in the Democratic primary so this administration get to see how much us Pennsylvanians hate him and their policies.

[edit on 14-5-2010 by prionace glauca]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Maybe it's because Specter can't remember his own party. Speaking to the Allegheny County Democratic Committee, he referred to them as Republicans.

Twice.

Source

He's a DINO.

By 1970's standards, he was talking to the Republicans

Just shows how far most of country has shifted to the right

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
All you anti specter people must really know nothing about him or are so blinded by partisan politics that you are Lost.

Arlen Specter has consistently voted with the people on just about every issue. He has never toted the party line. He's one of the few senators for either side that thinks for himself. It would be a shame to see him gone.

+3 more 
posted on May, 14 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ISHAMAGI
All you anti specter people must really know nothing about him or are so blinded by partisan politics that you are Lost.

Arlen Specter has consistently voted with the people on just about every issue. He has never toted the party line. He's one of the few senators for either side that thinks for himself. It would be a shame to see him gone.

When majority of the citizens of the USA said "NO" to the HCR bill, why did he vote against the very people you say he has always voted for.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

Devastating comercial against Spector

He shoulda wore a Reptile suit while making that comment.

Oh yeah he voted for the Wall Street Bailout, then he switched parties.

Snake

[edit on 14-5-2010 by lunchmanstan]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ISHAMAGI

I am a Pennsylvania voter, and I know plenty enough about Arlen Specter. I know he started out as a Democrat, then switched parties, spent 40 years as a sheep in wolves clothing, then switched back to the Democratic Party.
He hasn't got my vote the last three times he has run for re-election, and he won't get it this time if he manages to win the primary.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Flatfish

There is no good reason anyone should vote for him! He is a traitor!

A good many RINO's, republicans and Democrats need to get gone. Especially the ones that are concerned about saving their own votes.

I remember during the healtcare debate and just prior to the vote, Nancy Pelosi was rounding up all the Dems and taking them behind locked door sessions. At this point, they were well below the votes needed to pass Healt Care Reform.

And you know what she said to them? The ones that were worried about their votes in the upcoming elections?

She told them to give it up, because they were going to get voted out anyway, so they may as well cough up the vote and not pretend to be grandstanding for some greater good to save their own butts.

What was it, the next day, they had the votes?

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Twice.

Source

He's a DINO.

By 1970's standards, he was talking to the Republicans

Just shows how far most of country has shifted to the right

With sizable (but temporary) democrat majorities in both houses of congress, a democrat president, and a SCM (state controlled media) that continually gives them all a pass, you think the country has shifted far to the right???

For that statement, you just earned the Most Delusional Post of 2010 (so far) Award.

Congratulations.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Not To Worry... Specter already has his nest feathered by the people he feigned to 'serve'...
just anothe elite that raked in millions & gets lifetime retirement & medical treatment that none of us (in his eyes= riffraff) constituents could ever imagine to secure for ourselves or the family ....

let the heads roll!
for all the elite politcians & the smug corporate elites!

thanks for the Stars ATS members

[edit on 14-5-2010 by St Udio]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

They may control it now but not long. You may wish to check this thread about the most recent NBC/WSJ poll:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

In case you decide not to: Voters Shifting to GOP, WSJ/NBC Poll Finds

Republicans have reassembled their coalition by reconnecting with independents, seniors, blue-collar voters, suburban women and small town and rural voters—all of whom had moved away from the party in the 2006 elections, in which Republicans lost control of the House. Those voter groups now favor GOP control of Congress.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Obama does not need Specter any longer. Obama got what he needed from him and others of similar ilk. Obama knows these incumbents have already fallen on the sword. Therefore, he will just realign his focus on the next class of freshmen by introducing them to Chicago/Obama style politics.

For the fallen ones there may just be life after political death by working for the Nations new Health Care System.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
With sizable (but temporary) democrat majorities in both houses of congress, a democrat president, and a SCM (state controlled media) that continually gives them all a pass, you think the country has shifted far to the right???

For that statement, you just earned the Most Delusional Post of 2010 (so far) Award.

Congratulations.

Delusional? OK, you are entitled to your opinion. It simply shows your lack of comprehension of the political evolution in this country over the last 4 decades.

I believe Bill Maher put it nicely right here:

And here:

newsbusters.org...

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by anon72
reply to post by centurion1211

They may control it now but not long. You may wish to check this thread about the most recent NBC/WSJ poll:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

In case you decide not to: Voters Shifting to GOP, WSJ/NBC Poll Finds

Republicans have reassembled their coalition by reconnecting with independents, seniors, blue-collar voters, suburban women and small town and rural voters—all of whom had moved away from the party in the 2006 elections, in which Republicans lost control of the House. Those voter groups now favor GOP control of Congress.

No, I agree.

Note my use of the word "temporary" when I said the dems had majorities in congress.

History will repeat itself as voters have now been painfully reminded on why they shouldn't vote for dems based on their bogus campaign "change" hype.

[edit on 5/14/2010 by centurion1211]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Delusional? OK, you are entitled to your opinion. It simply shows your lack of comprehension of the political evolution in this country over the last 4 decades.

If you're correct, please explain why - as I said - there are sizable democrat majorities in both house AND a democrat president.

I have my own theory, which I'm sure you won't agree with, that most dems elected in 2008 won on the basis of "not Bush" votes rather than voters actually believing the dems BS campaign rhetoric.

But then one would also have to believe what a liberal sycophant such as maher says ...

You'd accept a quote from O'Reilly? Nah, didn't think so.

[edit on 5/14/2010 by centurion1211]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Hooray!

Specter's going down.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Great find on the 2nd vid. I looked but couldn't find.

Star for you for that one.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

If you're correct, please explain why - as I said - there are sizable democrat majorities in both house AND a democrat president.

I have my own theory, which I'm sure you won't agree with, that most dems elected in 2008 won on the basis of "not Bush" votes rather than voters actually believing the dems BS campaign rhetoric.

But then one would also have to believe what a liberal sycophant such as maher says ...

You'd accept a quote from O'Reilly? Nah, didn't think so.

WTF does democratic majority have AT ALL to do with political philosophy? It's fairly obvious that the Democrats take stances on issues that USE TO BE Republican stances; thus they have shifted to the right. At the same time, Republicans have become more extreme to the right...they are collectively right of the right.

P.S. it's not that I believe it because Bill Maher said it. I believe it because it's the damn truth.

Go educate yourself

[edit on 14-5-2010 by Aggie Man]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join