It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sen Arlen Specter Abandoned by Obama, Imploding In Pa. Senate Race!!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
In all fairness, I have to say Specter is running a very good PR attack this past weekend and today.

There is also a 45 sec (maybe) add running from Obama. A direct tie-no doubt. So, if/when Specter goes down-well, you can take it from there.

I almost hope he wins tomarrow so he can be crushed in Nov. But, I like to opponent so. We'll see how PA politics plays out.

Sure hope we can rid the Dems from the US Sanate. I personally can't wait to vote on Sen. Casey...

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

Originally posted by Aggie Man

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Maybe it's because Specter can't remember his own party. Speaking to the Allegheny County Democratic Committee, he referred to them as Republicans.

Twice.

Source

He's a DINO.
In more ways than one. (That was mean - Sorry.)

By 1970's standards, he was talking to the Republicans

Just shows how far most of country has shifted to the right

With sizable (but temporary) democrat majorities in both houses of congress, a democrat president, and a SCM (state controlled media) that continually gives them all a pass, you think the country has shifted far to the right???

For that statement, you just earned the Most Delusional Post of 2010 (so far) Award.

Congratulations.

What is even sadder is the fact that so many think a shift to the right is a bad thing. When did a nanny state become desirable here?

I think it is because so many have been duped into believing a false left -right paradigm.

www.shtfplan.com...

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by I_am_Spartacus

Very nice find there.

I enjoyed it.

Giong to look intomore later today.

Thanks

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Tomorrow is voting day...Bye Bye Specter.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I just saw the local news for Philly/Harrisburg PA area and they inidcate the race is too close to call.

SPecter leading latest poll 42% to 41%

Going to be a VERY interesting day here in PA.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 02:28 AM
link   
This is yet another nail in the death of The Career Congressperson. No more will we have or stand for having someone in Congress for decades on out while the nation withers and rots from within. I've been touting this on ATS since my start here about a year back and it has been one glorious fun filled year thus far.

Every single thing that is the matter with this nation has happened solely and squarely on the watch of these career Congresspeople and it is now time for all to go.

For us to actually get down to business and get serious about getting this great and glorious nation going once again these azzhats need to go. Every single one of them as each and every single member of Congress who has been there longer then say, 1999 has been paid off time and time again to vote against the American people each and everytime.

You want revolutionary change? Here you go live and in living colour and the massive upside is no one has to lose their life neither does one structure need to be destroyed. Democracy in Action will forever guarantee that the torch of The Statue Of Liberty located about 2 1/2 miles from me shines forever and eternally bright.

The time is now, the medium is the internet to get as many of these Corporate Slaves gone for good. I care not for the party of the person as they both are severely corrupt.

Cut off the vote purse and you can in effect cut off the power of TPTB. That is the second string way that they maintain control over us.

Cast your votes for anyone other then the following :
Democrat, Republican, Tea Party Conservative, Conservative, Independant, Liberatrian as they all need to go.

To quote an Obamaism ;
THIS IS TRUE, REAL LIFE CHANGE YOU CAN REALLY BELIEVE IN!

This is a very crucial period as what occurs in the next decade will determine the course of the next 75 - 100 years. The future is counting on us today, right now to make the right decision.

We all are suffering today for the inaction of at least the 80 years. Fundamental change will follow. We will get through this, Have faith in not only your nation but your fellow countrymen to do what is right.

[edit on 18-5-2010 by TheImmaculateD1]

[edit on 18-5-2010 by TheImmaculateD1]

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
i hope he loses and loses big.

spectre is the classic example of the cancer in washington.

i cant stand people who jump parties to try to save their own asses.

[edit on 18-5-2010 by neo96]

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Just how short are americans memorys, how uninformed are most americans? Are we all that blind or that stupid ?

How many people know that a young attorney named Arlen Specter worked with the Warren commision and was the one who came up with the idea of the magic bullit that killed JFK ?

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Voted Sestak, Jack Wagner for Gov. , Jonathen Cidel for Leut. Gov

Bye Bye Elitist

[edit on 18-5-2010 by prionace glauca]

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I heard a caller on the Bill Bennett show this morning say that Spector had just been interviewed and dropped a bombshell by saying that
... he has always been a Democrat at heart, even when he was a Republican.

Surely there's an audio recording of this out there somewhere.

Is he gone yet?

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Looks like like old Specter is finally getting the boot. They haven't called it yet, but he's down to far to come back.

edit: AP called it. Bye Specter.

[edit on 18-5-2010 by Schaden]

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood...a beautiful day in the neighborhood............Arlen Sphincter is toast. Governor Rendell says that the rain hurt Arlen's chances.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
www.wgal.com...

AP: Sestak defeats Specter Former Admiral Ends 30-Year Senator's Political Career

It is indeed a beautiful day in the neighborhood! This has been a long time coming and I'm glad to finally see it happen!

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by skunknuts
reply to post by sos37

Blaming Bush for running this country into the ditch isn't obfuscating, it's truth telling. That's why all the 'newly-awakened' conservatives have no clout w/ me. I, and most liberals, predicted exactly what has happened to this country way back in Bush's first term. It was clear to anyone w/ a brain what was going to happen to the economy, with the wars, and all the other calamities (9/11, Katrina, budget surpluses to record deficits, etc. ,etc., etc.).

Conservatives should be apologizing to liberals and saying, 'Yeah, you all were right, I'm so sorry for thinking that Bush was qualified to be President' over a couple of beers. Instead, you are just trying to take what we said, correctly, about Bush, and re-brand it as original thought towards Obama, regardless of reality, packaged w/ healthy doses of racism, xenophobia and fear for the basest of bases.

Can you believe that some people are so delusional that they even entertain the question of whether Bush was a better president than Obama??? Can you believe that there are people that would choose to be lead by Sarah Palin, thinking that the self-serving quitter is a capable liberty-loving patriot??

Palin is a even bigger puppet then W. and Obama are at least with this president we have the illusion that he is in charge.Even though we all know the game is fixed.

Best,
SN

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I'm happy to see "Magic Bullet" Specter gone let's see what theory he will use to explain why he lost.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join