It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Administration Threatens to Veto Health Spending Bill After Price Tag Jumps

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Administration Threatens to Veto Health Spending Bill After Price Tag Jumps

www.foxnews.com

The Obama administration threatened to veto parts of its own health care bill after budget scorekeepers found that the package would add at least $115 billion more to government health care spending.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   

The Congressional Budget Office said the added spending includes $10 billion to $20 billion in administrative costs to federal agencies carrying out the law, as well as $34 billion for community
health centers and $39 billion for Indian health care.

The costs were not reflected in earlier estimates by the budget office, although Republican lawmakers strenuously argued that they should have been. Part of the reason is technical: the additional spending is not mandatory, leaving Congress with discretion to provide the funds in follow-on legislation -- or not.

This is what happens when no one reads the bill. And the people who read the bill get ignored or are ridiculed when trying to read the bill to others by stating "its a delay tactic".

Now Obama wants to veto part of his own bill so he stays below that magic $1 Trillion dollar mark. CBO & OMB who were instrumental in passing numbers they knew were phony so that this bill would not under come more scrutiny, but what now?

Now, it is in plain sight for everyone to see how a corrupt congress bent on passing entitlement programs to shore up votes for its continued corrupting ways and yet no one has made a stink about it?

Sure this article maybe from FOX News, we don't have any other news outlet reporting this YET especially those whose livelihood depends on portraying this administration in a heavenly light.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
now I want to make clear
this article is NOT a total veto of Obamacare
but only vetoing PARTS of the bill.

Now, WHAT parts!! is the question??
and how much worse is it gonna be for us?

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
The people who don't like the healthcare bill are the people who can adjust the "estimated" price. Raising the prices to scare people seems likes it is working well.

All these cost "estimates" are lacking major variables which make all these "estimates" useless. Unless of course if you are trying your hardest to get rid of the bill, then you can use these horribly wrong "estimates" to scare people away, and sway opinion.

One variable would be future competitive prices. This variable can not be estimated accurately, or predicted, so it's just not included in the "estimate" causing it to be completely useless.

[edit on 12-5-2010 by ALLis0NE]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by prionace glauca

When one week later after passing the bill the president signed to make Medicaid the biggest insurer for the poor that is when the HCrap hit the budget ceiling, Medicare and Medicaid are already over inflated and one of the reason the so call HCrap was pushed onto the people.

What people doesn't understand or doesn't want to understand is that this is a bailout for the private insurance companies and most of the money for the HCrap budget is going to end in the greasy hands of the same people that we thought will be regulated, they will not.

Wake up Americans we told you once we told you twice and still many doesn't want to open their eyes this mammoth tax power grab against the tax payers in the nation.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I thought there was not line item veto? How can he veto parts of it? I thought the veto would be an all or nothing senario. I can understand the bill that was passed by reconciliation could be veto'd, but the major health care reform bill was passed as one bill was it not?

I guess I am missing something here.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by spirit_horse

It was two bills passed the same day the first one was the health care reform bill the second one was to do modifications to the original bill how that works I guess it gives power to the congress to tuck and nip at it.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Well that really says a lot when they want to veto their own bill.

Congressional estimators also said they simply had not had enough time to run the numbers.

Yeah well that's what happens when all you care about is running something through so it can be passed as soon as possible.

They were so worried about passing the thing that they neglected to understand what it was that they were passing and just how much it could cost. Or they just passed it hoping that no one would realize how much it would cost until it was too late.

I'd like to know what exactly they are going to veto. I bet they won't veto the part that says people like me that don't have insurance will be penalized. I bet they're planning on getting a pretty penny from uninsured people.

President Obama's budget office charged Congress with finding $115 billion in spending cuts or tax increases to offset the price tag hike

Yep pass it onto the tax payers like always

Costs could go higher, because the legislation authorizes several programs without setting specific funding levels.

How do you pass something without setting specific funding levels ?!

Bunch if idiots we have running this country. Let's fire em all and start over again.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by prionace glauca

Dear god, I can't take anymore, make it stop!

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

They'd have to change some things here in Illinois if they want to make medicare the biggest insurer for the poor. Because as it stands right now, in Illinois an adult can not receive medicaid unless they are disabled, or unless they happen to be an illegal immigrant who need emergency treatment. But I guess they are willing to change that for their golden child.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Now, WHAT parts!! is the question??
and how much worse is it gonna be for us?

Prolly the parts that keep us old folks alive.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
This is completely unexpected. What is their motive? Since when do presidents care how much something is going to cost?

I hope he veto's it. I'm sure that is what will happen. (But I will have to have traveled to a parallel universe first).

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by chise61

Bunch if idiots we have running this country. Let's fire em all and start over again.

There is a movement right now that wants to turn over the whole of the house of representatives, and I can't remember the name.

I hope I can find it.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by chise61

Hey Illinois, hi,
Oh our system is grand, yes?

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

You mean completely get rid of every member and select an ENTIRELY different house of representatives?

Where do I sign up?

Is there one for the Senate, too? The presidency?

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   

If you find it U2U me the info please.

Hey Illinois, hi,
Oh our system is grand, yes?

LOL you must mean our system of grandstanding politicians

Hi to you

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
"We have to pass it to find out what's in it." - Nancy Pelosi
We are now just starting to find out what is in it!

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Was it this one?

goooh.com...

I don't know anything about these people. I just found it.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Geez fellas, am I the only one who thinks like a conspirator?

How much u want to bet the veto includes the removal of the provisions that are damaging to the health coverage of our brave leaders?

You remember that part right? Where they inadvertantly allowed themselves to be subject to the bill they passed.

What better way to remove it than to say," oh crap, our numbers were off. You guys dont worry about it, we are going to fix it so we stay under budget."

Most would never think to read the veto if we think they are doing the right thing.

Sad part is even if they stay in budget we become slaves, and most will say it was good because they stayed within the projected budget.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
the sad part of this is people who were agianst it in the first place already knew this.

even recognizing this will not change a damn thing the dems want it YOUR gonna get it regardless of the cost or constitutionality of it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join