It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do you get rid of an evil spirit?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Yes that persistant spirit is still around and we have a very strong feeling we have identified the perpetrator.. My mother in laws first husband who was a very mean and violent man is following her around I think and now he is in our home since she came to live with us. When we mentioned his name the hair on my arms stood on end with goosebumps for a full minute before it finally stopped. Now what I need to know is how to get rid of this malevolent presence.

Calling all ATSers... I need this thing GONE!

Dang.. goosebumps again... please hurry.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 11:41 AM
link   
What is happening at your house? Please detail it for us. Then maybe someone can help

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Exorcism. Go to the church and they should be able to help you. Don't try and do an exorcism by yourself, its like walk into a shootout with a knife.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 11:48 AM
link   
put your mother in law in an old folks home shave your arms and dont mention his name again.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 12:08 PM
link   
i am not sure but if my recollection is correct you did not believe in the god of the bible, but neither do i believe that the god in the bible is the one true god. In my limited personal experience with malevolent, aggresive, frightening spirits or presences i called upon Jesus Christ.

maybe call upon Jesus and see what happens. it worked instintaneously for me everytime, but they did come back. so that is my only ideas. that is what i would do if something like that was scaring me. but like i said i don't believe that the bible is the word of god nor do i believe that the Jesus's true messages where even included in the bible. but i have no doubt in the power of Jesus's name. or like one of the above posters posted you could seek the help of some spiritual leader. i have more faith in my own exorcism abilities than every stupid phuckin' church person i ever met. i used to be one; holy terdz i was naive.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
Exorcism. Go to the church and they should be able to help you. Don't try and do an exorcism by yourself, its like walk into a shootout with a knife.

1. not catholic
2. not really religious in the god/satan sense at all
I suppose the mother in law could do something similar but she is not catholic either.

As for activity I have documented in my other threads the various things that have happened from having this thing physically shake my shoulder and paralyze me to having it turning the doorknob when no one was there... but I have a strong feeling all of the bad things happening in our life since she moved in are also because of this spirit. It almost feels like a curse but I dont know that spirits can curse someone.....

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by NephraTari
Yes that persistant spirit is still around and we have a very strong feeling we have identified the perpetrator.. My mother in laws first husband who was a very mean and violent man is following her around I think and now he is in our home since she came to live with us. When we mentioned his name the hair on my arms stood on end with goosebumps for a full minute before it finally stopped. Now what I need to know is how to get rid of this malevolent presence.

Calling all ATSers... I need this thing GONE!

Dang.. goosebumps again... please hurry.

Subconsciously this man crossed your mind when your mother in law came to live with you, so now your mind has created a "spirit".

Tell yourself something long enough and you will eventually believe it. I believe that is what has happened to you.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Surreal_Rain
Subconsciously this man crossed your mind when your mother in law came to live with you, so now your mind has created a "spirit".

Tell yourself something long enough and you will eventually believe it. I believe that is what has happened to you.

No, actually today was the first time he occured to us as a possibility. There were no prethoughts.. I did not start wondering until the first occurance happened. I have bumped my first 2 threads that are relevant to this topic...
It just clicked because the second I mentioned his name when we were discussing possible spirits that would be responsible for this I was bombarded with chills, goosebumps and my hair stood on end.

[edit on 7-6-2004 by NephraTari]

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 01:49 PM
link   
My advice to you is to not fear the sprit. Evil sprits feed off of negative energy. The more you fear it the stronger it gets. That is why exorcisms work. The priest is a very grounded spiritual person and will not fear the sprit because he believes in something greater than that sprit, which is God. I know it's hard to not fear something that you don't understand but they way to truly get rid of that evil sprit is to show it that you are not afraid of it. In essence make it afraid of you. Hope this helps.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Read the Lords Prayer. Those evil spirits hate that!

In all seriousness, you might need to do an exorcism or perform a seance?
Or you might think you had no prethoughts about your mother in laws first husband, but you never know what your subconscious is thinking about.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Surreal_Rain

No, actually today was the first time he occured to us as a possibility. There were no prethoughts.. I did not start wondering until the first occurance happened. I have bumped my first 2 threads that are relevant to this topic...
It just clicked because the second I mentioned his name when we were discussing possible spirits that would be responsible for this I was bombarded with chills, goosebumps and my hair stood on end.

Ok i have a little first hand experiance here. When i was growing up my mother painted alot in a guestbedroom of ours. Inside the guest bedroom was an old Captains bed with side table and dresser. Supposedly there is documentation for this story but i have never requested it. Apparently these pieces were on a ship that had a mutany the captain was killed in the presence of this furnature. Well my mother had moved into that room for a change of pace and began painting on a canvas. The only picture ever produced in this room was clearly done with someone elses help besides my mothers. The painting is an oil painting with a black background and a image of a girl. When looking at the painting it effects everyone in its presance. The painting was such a disturbing presence it was discarded. Over a number of moths the painting resurfaced in california, purchased by my Aunt on my fathers side. How does a painting get thrown out and then end up in the hands of a family member across the country? It turns out she had purchased it at a art gallery. Within one week of purchasing the paint and hanging it in her house she became very ill. Se was eventually diagnosed with MS the painting has since been cased up and placed in storage. Back to my point i grew up around this furnature and it always creeped evryone out. I only slept in that bed once in my life just to be kicked out of it by something. This was the begining of many different bad experiances. As i grew the furniture was handed down to me. Once i recieved the furniture things began happening again at my new house. I eventually seperated all of the pieces of furniture to different rooms. This seems to have limited the heppenings to a minimum.

So try to associate some objects with this man and either throw them out or seperate them. Be clear with your self and what your dealing with that you are incharge and they arent.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I don't believe I have fed it any fear nor has she. While we are the only 2 people in the house to take notice of it... we are also both more accepting of the realities of active spirits and are not fearful of them in any way... more than anything at this point I am just a bit pissed off that this thing is meddling in our life.. my concern is that this entity if responsible for my husbands suicide attempt last month.... and if that is the case it MUST go.

To clarify the visualization theory.. you must understand that thinking about her ex husband was not possible even subconsciously.. it was such a minute part of my mother in laws life it is not something that is ever thought about unless we are discussing something else about the past and he comes up as a part of that conversation. I know very little about this person than the fact that my mother in law was forced to marry him once and he was cruel to her, and she got divorced from him... I don't honestly give much thought to the people in my mother in laws life that I have Never met... the only reason he came up is because she had a manifestation similar to my 2nd one and neither of us could think of any spirit that WE might know that would be malevolent and after a good 15 minutes I recalled him and at the moment I said his name the goosebumps started.
I believe she brought this into our home with her.. I am hoping that when she leaves the entity will go with her although she really needs to be free of it too.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Ok

I would then ask her to associate any objects or posssesions directly related to him and work from there. I would expect as soon as you touch this item or come near it you will know. It may not be obvious at first but it will come together.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 03:02 PM
link   
You don't have to be Catholic to have your house blessed by a Catholic priest. Go ahead and find a good one and ask. It can't hurt.

Have you been conjuring? (Tarot cards, boards, etc.?) You may have invited them without your knowing. Gotta' close that door.

Furniture CAN be haunted. If you suspect that the spook is attached to a certain piece, or that things started happening when a certain piece came into the house, try taking that furniture out - to a detached garage or to a friends garage and see what happens.

I'd post links, but being new here (4 days old), I'm not sure what is allowed at this site and what isn't. Google up haunted furniture. Your hair will stand on end and you'll never look at antiques the same way again. Furniture, jewlery ... everything can have spooks attached.

That's my free advice. For whatever its' worth.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 03:25 PM
link   
WHat is the difference between an alive human and a disembodied human, besides the fact of being dead or not??

[edit on 7-6-2004 by TheBandit795]

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leigon
Ok

I would then ask her to associate any objects or posssesions directly related to him and work from there.

well I just talked to her and unfortunately she cannot think of ANYTHING she has that she had at that time in her life. I think it is a good theory but there is nothing I can think of that I would have been touching during my first encounter while lying in bed. I think this is a free roaming spirit. again though I am not ruling anything out.. but we do need to get serious about getting rid of it whatever it is.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Flyers Fan.....I have not done any tarot or other type of conjuring recently... and this has been going on since the early part of this year. Actually the bad things started shortly after she moved in which is why I think you may be right.. it is either related to something she brought with her, or it is someone that has followed her here.
However as I stated earlier there was no item present or nearby during all occurances... so I am leaning towards it not being item related... but I am not ruling it out.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Flyers Fan.....I have not done any tarot or other type of conjuring recently... and this has been going on since the early part of this year. Actually the bad things started shortly after she moved in which is why I think you may be right.. it is either related to something she brought with her, or it is someone that has followed her here.
However as I stated earlier there was no item present or nearby during all occurances... so I am leaning towards it not being item related... but I am not ruling it out.

It ssems that you are quite in tune please goto where her items in her room the garage her car and so forth. Before relax totaly clear your mind of what you are going to do. Once you are completely relaxed go on your venture. Oh turn off all tvs and radios you will not want any distractions. Whene you fet to where her stuf is close your eyes take another moment to relax and start searching. If there is engergy associatied with an object you should be able to find it.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 03:57 PM
link   
hey one other thing i was thinking about this for a minute and had a vision of a cardboard box in the corner of a bed room it appears to be near a dresser and a curtain. i am probably crazy but lets see.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Apparently nobody wants to answer my question, so let me answer it myself...

The answer is "nothing". So if the ghost is actually the guy their talking about, what will for example, reciting the lord prayer be any help for? Let's say I want to get rid of a stalker, do I do that by reciting the lords prayer???

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join