It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do you get rid of an evil spirit?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 09:32 PM
link   
i really cant tell you how to get rid of evil spirits or good spirits, they all seem to rock.

however my grandma has been doing some weird mysticism in her room, she says that she has contacted the other world and is inhabitited with the ghost of a mexican house maid named consuela. consuela has been teaching my grandma alot about cutting the heads off chickens and drinking pigs blood.

however sometimes she will be like sitting around and consuela says, give me my beer vato.

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 11:33 PM
link   
There may be a demonic force impersonating a first husband . . . the first husband, however, is in no shape or position to haunt anyone but himself.

WARNING . . . BE WISE.

Any AUTHENTIC BELIEVER WITH AN AUTHENTIC RELATIONSHIP WITH JESUS CHRIST has serious authority over demonic forces. But it may take some convincing yourself emphatically enough that you know because you know because you know. Otherwise, the demonic forces are not likely to believe you and obey if you don't believe it yourself.

And, some forces will not budge without fasting and serious prayer. In such cases, it's wiser to have some folks who are very experienced in deliverance ministry and prayed up and potent enough IN THE LORD to deal with the situation decisively.

Also, it's important to RESIST THE ENEMY--HE WILL FLEE AS SCRIPTURE SAYS--THIS IS IMPORTANT PARTICULARLY AFTER DELIVERANCE AS WELL . . . and to pray Holy Spirit to fill all the empty places vacated etc.

Neil T Anderson's VICTORY OVER THE DARKNESS is a good resource as are some others . . .

Maybe his best: and one some feel is the best on the topic:
The Bondage Breaker Audiobook by Neil Anderson (Audio Cassette - Jan 1994)
11 Used & new from $1.81 Also available as a book, I think.

Released from Bondage by Neil Anderson (Paperback - Jul 30, 2002)
Buy new: $14.99 $11.69 45 Used & new from $3.50

You can check them out on Amazon etc.

SOME STALWARTS in the field

Devils, demons and deliverance by Marilyn Hickey (Paperback - 1994)
26 Used & new from $0.82

Break forth into joy: Handbook of simplified deliverance and a detailed study of breaking genetic problems, Isaiah 52:9; Psalm 16:11 by Myrna L. Goehri Etheridge (Unknown Binding - 1992)
3 Used & new from $2.00

Derek Prince

Derek Prince on Experiencing God's Power by Derek Prince (Paperback - Feb 1999)
Buy new: $18.99 $14.81 40 Used & new from $4.99

How to Minister Inner Healing and Deliverance Step by Step by Scott Rehmann and Elizabeth Rehmann (Paperback - Jun 30, 2006)

Deliverance From Demonic Influence by Kenneth E. Hagin (Audio Cassette - 1997)

A MORE EXCELLENT WAY by Henry Wright--VERY EXCELLENT HEFTY PAPER BACK . . . GREAT FOR ILLNESS--TONS OF RESEARCH AND PRACTICAL SUCCESS

New Believer's Series: Deliverance by Watchman Nee (Paperback - Jan 2001)
Buy new: $4.24

War on the Saints: A Text Book on the Work of Deceiving Spirits Among The Children of God, and A Way of Deliverance by Jessie Penn-Lewis and Evan Roberts (Paperback - May 30, 2005)
Buy new: $17.99 $13.49

Deliverance and Inner Healing by John Loren Sandford and Mark Sandford (Paperback - Oct 1992)

Also, TRANSFORMATION OF THE INNER MAN by John and Paula Sanford is great generaly including re deliverance but that's a small part of the book.

Deliverance from Demons and Diseases: Freedom from Incurable Diseases and Persistent Problems by Eric M. Hill (Paperback - Mar 2004)

Christian Counseling and Occultism: A Complete Guidebook to Occult Oppression and Deliverance by Kurt E. Koch (Paperback - Jun 30, 1972)

Demonology and Deliverance II: Study Guide by Lester Sumrall

Deliverance from Evil Spirits: A Practical Manual by Francis MacNutt (Paperback - Aug 1, 1995)

Pigs In The Parlor: A practical guide to deliverance by Frank Hammond

Anyway--for what it may be worth--which could be eternity as well as freedom here.

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Although Bo is right, no need to buy any books to help. If you want a Book that will help I'll send it free (if you don't have one already). Talks all about Jesus Christ and authority over demons. I'm not knocking Christian books, but one should never feel they're required to buy books to improve their relationship with God. He's can hear you, you can talk to Him. If you're interested in reading Christian books otherwise, by all means feel free to buy them.

[edit on 24-7-2007 by saint4God]

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Although Bo is right, no need to buy any books to help. If you want a Book that will help I'll send it free (if you don't have one already). Talks all about Jesus Christ and authority over demons. I'm not knocking Christian books, but one should never feel they're required to buy books to improve their relationship with God. He's can hear you, you can talk to Him. If you're interested in reading Christian books otherwise, by all means feel free to buy them.

Good points.

However, given the uncertainties and distance in the communication channel and the distant situation . . .

Given the hazards . . . .

a book by those who have learned a lot from Biblical trial and error can be wise, indeed.

Certainly taking Scripture itself and an authentic relationship with Jesus; confessing and repenting of all that comes to mind to confess and repent for; resisting the enemy until he flees; asking Holy Spirit to fill all the cleaned out areas with Christ's Blood; Christ's Love; with Holy Spirit Himself . . . etc. is quite doable without a book.

But in my experience, unless one has some experienced coaches when the case is a serious one . . . there can be a lot of mis-cues, misunderstandings, confusion from the lying demonic forces etc.

It' s a bit of a complex subject. Not all uninitiated-into-such battles are quite up to complex heavy duty case situations without a lot of experienced coaching or at least detailed narratives of similar cases successfully dealt with in a Biblical way.

Those are the reasons I offered the bibliographic list.

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I'm down with that.

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by NephraTari

Originally posted by infinite
Exorcism. Go to the church and they should be able to help you. Don't try and do an exorcism by yourself, its like walk into a shootout with a knife.

1. not catholic
2. not really religious in the god/satan sense at all
I suppose the mother in law could do something similar but she is not catholic either.

This is an old thread and I haven't read the whole thing, but I don't think exorcisms are just for people who are catholic. The beast has no denomination.
The fact that someone experiences this stuff and doesn't do anything about it because they're "not really religious" is about the most ignorant thing I've ever heard.

Peace

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
This is an old thread and I haven't read the whole thing, but I don't think exorcisms are just for people who are catholic.

I do know some catholics who believe you cannot do things such as exorcism, go to seminary, etc. unless you are catholic. In the case of the former, let's hear the words from the man himself:

"Teacher," said John, "we saw a man driving out demons in your name and we told him to stop, because he was not one of us."
"Do not stop him," Jesus said. "No one who does a miracle in my name can in the next moment say anything bad about me, for whoever is not against us is for us. I tell you the truth, anyone who gives you a cup of water in my name because you belong to Christ will certainly not lose his reward." - Mark 9:38-41

Considering also this was said before the word 'catholic' was associated with any followers of Christ.

The beast has no denomination.

I agree, or at least he did not state such a claim when I'd met him. I do believe that he is the one who divides though.

The fact that someone experiences this stuff and doesn't do anything about it because they're "not really religious" is about the most ignorant thing I've ever heard.

Maybe they don't know what to do? Maybe they're afraid of consequences if it is all true? as an ex-non-believer, just asking for a fair shake

[edit on 25-7-2007 by saint4God]

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
you need to do a good housecleaning, i mean major house cleaning.
as you clean, open windows, light candles, spread light to all the dark corners of your home. I can tell you some things to use to clean with but i doubt whether you will find them or know of them...so I suggest using lavender oil diluted in water to wipe all corners of your home.

i know you are not particulary religious, but whatever "god" you feel, ask him/her in whatever language or name you are comfortable using to rid your home of this presence. I also suggest that the members of the family that are feeling the presence of this spirit to sleep with a sharp object under their pillow, for the kids, pocket knifes you can hide in their pillow cases.

there's really no way to explain the method of my madness, but if you try them, and believe they will work for you, then they will.
there are many other variations and methods for cleansing your home:
pages.zdnet.com...
www.fourgates.com...
remember the key to anything working is that you must believe it will.

Yes I agree with all of this, PLUS After cleaning we burn sage and incense and salt all of the doorsteps and window sills. You want the spirit to feel extremely uncomfortable. You must charge the place with as much positive energy as possible, so you may have your own ways of doing this, but the salt (use natural sea salt) seals them out, so you have to make sure they are OUT!

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by raven bombshell

glad you mentioned the salt. I've seen regular table salt used, little heaps the four corners of the room after the cleansing, and also under the door step and under windows on the outside of the property.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by NephraTari

There is no evidence these things even exist, so trying to figure out how to get rid of an unknown phenomenon isn't going to work. It's kind of like asking how to fix a machine that no-one knows about.

Personally, I'd suggest you go get medical help.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by worldwatcher

right- table salt will do, but sea salt is more natural and is a little easier to find nowadays than it used to be. If someone has it they should use it,but when you really gotta get the house cleansed, the Mortons will work fine.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Are you seeing a strange animal?
Folk lore says yes, but I'm gonna say no.
I'm pagan and all but even I have to draw the line somewhere

try sneaking some good mojjo to your mum and bro, it can be anything just charge it with your love for them.

Good luck!

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Leigon

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   

All that religious mumbo jumbo probably won't work-- i'm in a bit of a pickle myself with some spirit--- but i manage. I think the best thing to do would be to try and reason with it. I know ouija boards are bad in all but talking to it is probably the only way you will be able to resolve anything. REMEMBER--- spirits were living breathing ppl at some point too, so be respectful and try to reason with them. Just telling them they are not wanted won't get you anywhere seeing as they don't have to leave if they don't want to . (they are invisible and you can't hurt them)

As for praying or calling jesus's name, unless they are totally scared #less of all that stuff cuz they're religious, nothings gonna happen. If you've tried it once don't bother trying again cuz it's not working. When you call for jesus here on earth to help you with your problems (lets say someones about to shoot you or something) does he help you? hell no. Not saying he doesn't exist just that he won't be jumping in to save your ass. Obviously if just saying his name faithfully isn't making the problem go away he's not too active in the afterworld either.

What could a ouija board hurt? It's just talking.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Wow this is an older thread......hi NT

So if I have not told you to sage smudge your house inside & out and yourself and the folks who live there with you, in all these years I am ashamed of myself...

I have some I can share u2u me......

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by theRiverGoddess

Is this 'Sage' smudge...actually Sage insense ashes?

i have plenty of Sage ashes as i burn Sage & Cherry insense every day
at least once...

If Sage Smudge is something different, tell the readers what it is will ya?

as-far-as- encounters with neg. spirits...
i consciously ignore them & they go away,
entertain them/It (like in the spirit Oui-Ja board) and then it takes real work with incantations & such...

feel free to bump-the-thread to get your post response back up-top

[edit on 9-2-2009 by St Udio]

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   
In many religions there are passing rituals that can be perform to "help the spirit" pass on. Frankly, if its not a malevolent spirit, I would try to leave it alone. These things are not meant to be messed with by amateurs, they can have adverse affects, like the other posters mention. Such as angering the spirit, and yes ghosts can physically attack you. As I know of, Wicca and new age religions have passing rituals, that can be performed. I believe some of the major religions might have their own rituals are well. What you can do is burn sage, frankincense, murr, or dragon's blood. Make sure you open all the windows and doors, and go to each corner of the dorm or room and pray say out loud a protection or passing prayer. What this does is clear the area or protect the area from negative energy. This might only be a short term solution though, to really get rid of this thing. I would think about going to a professional, like getting a priest to bless the place, or getting some wicca healers to come do the passing rituals. What you don't want to do is piss this thing off, because if you do, it will never leave you alone.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   

start with this
azuritepress.com...

followed by this
azuritepress.com...

I can tell you first hand this works every single time without fail. i've used it myself and have seen it work with many others. Hope you find it helpful.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join