It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feedback on new AboveTopSecret.com home page

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Following the now infamous what the hell? thread, we're now complete on the structure and design of a new home page for the primary AboveTopSecret.com domain: www.abovetopsecret.com... The page is designed to be an "all about ATS" for members and new members alike, but with a strong emphasis on new users and especially search engines. It's an information-rich look at everything that's happening on AboveTopSecret.com, while integrating our new advertising strategy (members don't get pop-ups anywhere on ATS). Given our massive traffic, where easily 80% of all daily visitors are not board members, it made sense to improve the home page to help people understand the content we have in our discussion board and main site pages. Have a look, and give us your feedback here.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 09:41 AM
link   
i like it. it's a lot more orientated towards the discussion board now, which is BY FAR the best part i think. the menu on top is nice too. it gives the homepage a more streamlined look.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Same as Cmdr there

Orientaited...well laid out...eye catching etc.

Keep it...im used to it already

gryff

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Looks good. Better than before, I think. More info is shown than before, more likely to grab ones interest.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Make it three votes!
User-friendly, info rich. The kind of home page that draws the eyes and teases the mind.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Only took a second to relocate the board and it looks great. Nice work.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I really like it, I think it is layed out much better. everything is easier to find. and I like how there is a section for everything!
for such a good design.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 10:01 AM
link   
One thing, Skeptic.

Under the heading of 'Politics & Scandals' the threads showing appear to be from ChitChat in BTS.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Works fine at high resolution (= at work) but at home I'm still sailing the wwwaves at 800x600 and the top menu is all chewed up.... never seen anything like it!

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by parrhesia he threads showing appear to be from ChitChat in BTS.
Fixed... thanks.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by illimey at home I'm still sailing the wwwaves at 800x600
Sorry, but you're in the minority. These days, most content-rich sites and communities are being designed for a 1024x768 minimum. 800x600 is a bit tough.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 10:09 AM
link   
AMEN!

I think the new homepage looks GREAT
Has a nice welcome feel to it, and so much to see and do, perfect indexing, GREAT JOB!

Now don't take this wrong but the former homepage had a no trespassing sign on it, and I had more than one person tell me it was kinda confusing.

I REALLY like the new one!

Gazz

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Originally posted by illimey
at home I'm still sailing the wwwaves at 800x600

Sorry, but you're in the minority. These days, most content-rich sites and communities are being designed for a 1024x768 minimum. 800x600 is a bit tough.

Yeah....

Anybody in Chicagoland got a decent sized monitor they want to get rid of???? 1024x768 on a 4 yr old 15in HP Pavilion monitor is a bit rough on the old eyes!! [especially when it will only do it at 60hz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!]

[edit on 7-6-2004 by illimey]

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I like it.

The look and feel carries to the board well, since this is the most popular spot.

Plus all the thread links are well laid out, handy, and self explanitory.

The only worry I could consider is the too-much-to-click-on for visitors on the home page.
One big reason I use Google instead of Yahoo.

But it looks great, and I like it.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Loaded very slowly for me (I"m on T1)

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd Loaded very slowly for me (I"m on T1)
Hmm... the total "weight" of the page is about 80k (+50k +/- for images). Do you know if it took a while for content to be delivered (did you get a blank page for a while before content appeared), or if it just took a while for the page to be rendered in your browser (something appeared right away, but the page built slowly)? These would be two different problems. Thanks.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Looks very nice, well laid out, and mine loaded just fine, I'm on cable.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Perhaps I missed it, but is there a link to "My ATS" on the homepage?

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 11:21 AM
link   
You leaked the location of the top-secret research center on the front page. How will we keep our privacy now?

"No sir, nothin but potato fields round here"

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 11:25 AM
link   
muckminer, the ATS home page isn't primarily for ATS members. Its more for visitors and as a first contact point for newcomers to ATS.

Members have the Forum Home Page and Recent Posts pages to navigate around from.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join