It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feedback on new AboveTopSecret.com home page

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 11:26 AM
link   
It looks great. Much more interesting, better looking, and informative than the old one.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I think it looks great. It's fresh and new very eye catching
Good job SO.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I like it. A much more informative home'p. BUT, (hehe) from a designers pov,
could you use maybe a 70% screen(colour) on the forum topics.
This would help new members when they click on Enter the Worlds...
A 30% screen of the category is not enough, it's 'Pastel City'.
GREAT LAYOUT THOUGH

Sanc'.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 11:36 AM
link   
SO now i see the light! it does give members the lowdown on ATS

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I like it alot,
i think its really cool, keep up the good work

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I think the only problem with it is that the sections made on subjects like Area 51 and what-not are not as visible as they used to be. Other than that, it's very good.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I hate it, too busy, too many things going on at once. It looks amateurish, as if someone was trying to cram a bunch of info onto a page but didn't know how to do it. It seems like someone was trying to do one of those pages with tons of frames, but without the frames. I mean, if I first came to this site, I wouldn't know what the heck I was looking at or what to click on to find out. It now has a high school newspaper that is trying to look grown up vibe to it. I like the simplier look to it better. Didn't someone say they were trying to get a search engine look to it? Google or Yahoo or whatever don't look that bad, that cluttered. I don't think that just because there is room for text on a page, you should fill it. Sometimes space and simplicity is nice. I mean, even the front page of the NY Times isn't that messy. I think a lot of people are going to get lost in the jumble and mess. I think you need to get rid of half of the stuff that is on the home page. Just off the top of my head, the stats and blogs, just to free up some room. Things need to be grouped together. I mean, you have threads, here, then over there. Headlines down there, up there. Stuff in the middle that have something to do with the stuff on the sides, just a mess. It needs to be a lot cleaner. I actually knew what I was looking for, and it took me a while to find it. I don't like the 'Recent Posts' page because it's too simple! The font is too big, the threads take up too much room. It looks like it was made for the visually impaired. And where can I go from there? It's not very intuitive for the newly initiated. I think there were many poorly chose and executed design choices.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Kano,

Thanks for the heads up - I have a link at my office, I try and check things throughout the day - haven't had too much time to learn the ATS navigation, sorry for the "novice" post...

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Alright, Now I will actually visit the homepage again. I think you did a bang up job SO well done.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Very nice design, looks alot more modern and user friendly than the old designs from way back.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Curme you said "..cram a bunch of info........."

Well that bunch of info is there for a reason to tell other would be members what ATS is all about. I know its your opinion i am just giving you the reason why the info is there.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 12:53 PM
link   
looks good to my at first glance. It's great because it has aloto fthe information you want to know about the boards in one page. Good work Skeptic

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 04:06 PM
link   
As you know I'm NOT too computer savvy.

I find the new home page easy to use. I had no problems finding things.

I like it!

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I think it looks great, all the info in an easy to reference form. I love it.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I like it too, it should definitely be more inviting to new members and users. The layout is nice and I especially like the use of more images/graphics.
just don't get rid of the recent posts tab/list...that's all i ask

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Very well written. It gives guests a lot of things to look at without being overwhelming. Plus it has Pisky on the homepage so it has to be good

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 04:26 PM
link   
i like the new look.

lots of links to all kinds of things. it really showcases this board very well. but it looks so busy! i know this is a large board so i understand it but it can be overwhelming to some people. it looks modular and thats good, everything looks like a section and people can pick and choose what sections to look at instead of one big list like i've seen on other sites. but its also easy to read and go through. color coded sections make thigns stand out more and i like that.

it is leaps and bounds above the previous page. basically it takes the previous homepage behind the woodshed and gives it what for, showing what a REAL homepage should look like.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I looks great alot more info.
I don't mean to be picky but in the debate part @abovetopsecret is spelled
@abovetopsecrt.

[edit on 7-6-2004 by Mr.President]

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 05:04 PM
link   
It gets a thumbs up from me

I think it will really show new visitors to the site just how much is going on in here and will engourage them to delve deeper into our pages.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Overall it's a top job. A couple small moans, I used to love the way the latest forum posts where displayed, Ill get used to the new way though
Also I think any new visitors might just get confused as to where to start. There just seems way too much info on the front page.

[edit on 7-6-2004 by Britman]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join