It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hopi Prophecy Seventh Sign Coming True?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
"White" "Brother" = Half White, Half Black = Obama.

I just wonder what he will bring to the Hopi people?

And what of the nuclear disaster?

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Prophecies are those things that you try to fit into situations...

To tell you the truth, I don't even want to comment on these threads because mysticism is not conspiracy.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

This is the Second Sign: Our lands will see the coming of spinning wheels filled with voices
I don't know. It seems to me the vinyl LP records played on phonographs and/or CD/VCD/DVD fits the bill better.

Maybe their interpretation was off

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   

As a Native American Indian, I find these translations to be odd, quixotic like things, that a white man might think a Hopi elder, would say. Certain phrases, nouns and transient verbs in these passages have no equivalent in the Hopi language and the Hopi had only oral tradition prior to 1887. They did not write things down so the first thing that rings false is the mention of the tablet. They have no word for tablet, among other words in the so called Hopi prophecies. Its true that the Hopi were deeply spiritual and believed that on the earth there was 300 to 400 different Kat'sinas or "life bringers" that belonged to Maasaw, the caretaker of the earth. When these were out of balance they would sing, dance and chant to please Maasaw. Their ceremony was based in lunar cycles and they were peace loving farmers along the Rio Grande, who once numbered about 20,000 souls but alas there are a mere 5 or 6 thousand left today and their story is in many ways one of tragedy, abuse and neglect. There is prophetic thought in their discourse but not like this.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by lazimodo

Thank you for your input.

However people learn, take notice or pay attention it needs to be conveyed in some communicative manner.

Is there a right way? or just different ways sometimes in order to communicate to a new generation you need to speak the new language.

The internet is the way to touch millions and millions of people.

Is something lost in translations, sure but as long as people get the message it's ok.

Here is a video series that is interesting by a Native American.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
this is a strange time-line of events that seem to line up with history...if this is the case and the world is going to reset due to an impact of some sort it seems that our technology would prevail now...there are people monitoring space with sophisticated technology that was not here many years ago I am sure there are weapons to neutralize a threat like this one already set in place...I personally am not going to worry one bit about an asteroid or star hitting earth and killing us all...

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
This was great! Never heard this before... the web of spiders to me are powerlines. Cool!

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
"Many of my people, understanding the prophecies, shall be safe. Those who stay and live in the places of my people also shall be safe. Then there will be much to rebuild. And soon -- very soon afterward -- Pahana will return. He shall bring with him the dawn of the Fifth World. He shall plant the seeds of his wisdom in their hearts. Even now the seeds are being planted. These shall smooth the way to the Emergence into the Fifth World."

This could speak of people leaving the cities towards the 4 corners as it is remote for this region. Learning the old ways has to do with survival / natural living skills and native plant uses. By transcending the needs for material possessions (the physical) your vibration is raised and your thought resonate to a natural cycle expanded awareness. The seeds that have already been planted may be the Starseeds. They assist with the ascension.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Wow...

I'm actually a little bit disappointed in ATS at the moment. Although a few people hinted at it, no one flat out said this statement in the OP is bogus,

"This is the Seventh Sign: You will hear of the sea turning black, and many living things dying because of it."

There have been many oil spills before this one.

Here are some links to lists for everyone of various recorded spills and their impact.

www.endgame.org...
en.wikipedia.org...
www.infoplease.com...

The 1991 Gulf War Oil Spill was incredibly more devastating than this one. But since this one happens here in America, of course it must be the one that is prophesied by the Hopi people.

Don't get me wrong, there have been some great exchanges in this thread and some intellectual statements made. However, the chatter here is misguided and sensationalist at best.

Don't get too excited about Destruction coming. We are still stuck here on this rock for awhile.

-Sliadon

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mythkiller
I think it's pretty obvious what the signs are, you don't have to try too hard to find their corresponding events. As for their order they seem to be chronologically correct,
This is the First Sign: The coming of the white-skinned men...And men who struck their enemies with thunder. (guns)

"This is the Second Sign: The coming of spinning wheels filled with voices...the white men bringing their families in wagons across the prairies."

"This is the Third Sign: A strange beast like a buffalo but with great long horns, will overrun the land in large numbers...The white man's cattle."

"This is the Fourth Sign: The land will be crossed by snakes of iron." - Clearly - The railroads.

"This is the Fifth Sign: The land shall be criss-crossed by a giant spider's web." Clearly - The powerlines.

"This is the Sixth sign: The land shall be criss-crossed with rivers of stone that make pictures in the sun." Clearly - The tarmac on our roads.

"This is the Seventh Sign: You will hear of the sea turning black, and many living things dying because of it." Clearly - The recent BP (BP=big pricks) oil catastrophy/attack?.

"This is the Eight Sign: You will see many youth, who wear their hair long like my people, come and join the tribal nations, to learn their ways and wisdom. I personally don't think this has been fully realised as yet- in light of the economic terrorism we are witnessing - the appearance of tent cities and the ever more pressing need for people to get back to the land.

"And this is the Ninth and Last Sign: You will hear of a dwelling-place in the heavens, above the earth, that shall fall with a great crash. It will appear as a blue star. Very soon after this, the ceremonies of my people will cease.

I concur with Stirling, I also, don't think the ninth sign has transpired yet.

So, for all of us I think and hope we still have time to prepare the get our lives in order/in line with your own great spirit (Or whatever label you prefer) - As Benjamin Franklin said, "An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure." And I'mnot sure who said this but I use it alot in my own life, more so in these times "It's better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it."

And I leave you with one of my favorite quotes -
"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." ~Oliver Wendell Holmes

Damn Mythkiller, you said it. I also concur with the examples you put forth and couldn't agree more with your quote from Holmes. Whatever and whenever the end comes is irrelevant, it's what lies inside you that counts. Bravo.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vicious Jones

Originally posted by Misoir
reply to post by Vicious Jones

"This is the Sixth sign: The land shall be criss-crossed with rivers of stone that make pictures in the sun."

...?

Why is it so hard for people to figure this one out?

Rivers of stone = Paved roads
Make pictures in the sun = Mirages from heat on paved roads.

Yes indeed that is an easy explanation, but isn't that assuming that (if 5 is indeed the internet, which is the only thing that makes sense to me) that a fully implemented internet came before fully developed paved roads/highways. Sure its easy to assume that rivers of stone = paved roads, but those didn't come after the internet...

Maybe they refer to telegraph wires, which predate the roadways? To see the internet as a spider web is abstract in a completely different way thaan the rest of the prophecies. The prophecies use metaphor to describe the appearance of something. It would seem likely that the "spider web" describes electric and telegraph/telephone lines, which predate the interstate system quite a bit.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
In this segment:
Hopi prophecy also tells us that there will be a mass migration of Indians northward from Mexico and Central and South America. The migration will be led by a 130-year old Indian named Etchata Etchana. The movement will come after the huge fire and explosion that will herald the advent of the True White Brother.

Could this be immigrants from Mexico coming into America after a specific event? The True White Brother could be the NWO.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
These Hopi Prophecies are but another way that we can tell how its all gonna pan out very soon. I think we are in for some very hard times, in our lifetimes. Has anyone seen The Road? You don't really know what happened in the movie, war, famine, asteroid.... But, this movie really hits at something in your being, I was literally freaked out by it. If you haven't seen it, do.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I haven't went past the first page yet, sorry if someone has already said this.

I think that all of the signs have already passed.

# 7 sounds like the big oil spill in 69' that basically started the enviromental movement.

And # 8 sounds like they were talking about hippies to me.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Wouldnt the spider's web be the internet. The Iron snakes is the rail lines. Eight is obviously hippies

I think the final one might be the space station. People live there and it sorta looks blue when you see it on a clear night.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sliadon
Wow...

I'm actually a little bit disappointed in ATS at the moment. Although a few people hinted at it, no one flat out said this statement in the OP is bogus,

"This is the Seventh Sign: You will hear of the sea turning black, and many living things dying because of it."

There have been many oil spills before this one.

Here are some links to lists for everyone of various recorded spills and their impact.

www.endgame.org...
en.wikipedia.org...
www.infoplease.com...

The 1991 Gulf War Oil Spill was incredibly more devastating than this one. But since this one happens here in America, of course it must be the one that is prophesied by the Hopi people.

Don't get me wrong, there have been some great exchanges in this thread and some intellectual statements made. However, the chatter here is misguided and sensationalist at best.

Don't get too excited about Destruction coming. We are still stuck here on this rock for awhile.

-Sliadon

Actually we don't know how bad the oil spill will be with this one in the gulf. But the comet holmes is the Ninth sign and something inside me says this is true.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by TarzanBeta
reply to post by mryanbrown

The two helpers of the "true white guy" bear symbols. Symbolism is idolatry, to be simple. As well, the "true white guy" sounds less like a caucasian and more like a being of light. Couldn't be the former Lucifer...

Symbolism is not idolatry. We use symbols every day to differentiate between objects. Letters are symbols. Warning signs are symbols. Logos are symbols.

The idolatry comes from the *worship* or deification of the symbols.

The crown of thorns, or wounds on the palms are symbols. Would these then not be idolatry? Crucifix jewelry is idolatry.

and @ the dude suggesting Pahana is Obama. rofl

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   

So when were these signs created? Or who interrupted them? They read so new world that I kind of have doubts that they are anything more than prophecy made after the fact.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   
To me it just seems like people are using a modern mindset when applying it to these "signs"...which is obviously not a good thing. Much like ancient astronaut threads in regards to Sumerian stories etc Still interesting none the less.

[edit on 12-5-2010 by Solomons]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   
It follows a chronological order, and its already long since fulfilled:

"This is the First Sign: We are told of the coming of the white-skinned men, like Pahana, but not living like Pahana men who took the land that was not theirs. And men who struck their enemies with thunder.

White mans arrival, and the first firearms came with them to the US.

"This is the Second Sign: Our lands will see the coming of spinning wheels filled with voices. In his youth, my father saw this prophecy come true with his eyes -- the white men bringing their families in wagons across the prairies."

Settlers with covered wagons.

"This is the Third Sign: A strange beast like a buffalo but with great long horns, will overrun the land in large numbers. These White Feather saw with his eyes -- the coming of the white men's cattle."

Longhorn cattle, or cows.

"This is the Fourth Sign: The land will be crossed by snakes of iron."

The railroads and steam engines.

"This is the Fifth Sign: The land shall be criss-crossed by a giant spider's web."

With the railroads came the telegraph lines, later followed by phone and electric lines.

"This is the Sixth sign: The land shall be criss-crossed with rivers of stone that make pictures in the sun."

The invention of the automobile and the roads used for it.

“The first major oil spill occurred during World War II (1939-45), between January and June of 1942. German U-boat attacks on tankers off the East Coast of the United States spilled 590,000 tons of oil.”

"This is the Eight Sign: You will see many youth, who wear their hair long like my people, come and join the tribal nations, to learn their ways and wisdom.

Hippies, 1960’s.

"And this is the Ninth and Last Sign: You will hear of a dwelling-place in the heavens, above the earth, that shall fall with a great crash. It will appear as a blue star. Very soon after this, the ceremonies of my people will cease.”

Skylab launched in 1973, reentered 1979…

Now you want to hear another interesting Indian prophecy:
Several of the tribes in Florida teach that when the everglades die, then the great breath giver will return:

Gulf of Mexico oil spill could impact Everglades
Researchers and environmentalists are concerned the Gulf of Mexico oil slick could eventually seep into the Everglades, harming plants, fish and other wildlife off Florida's southern coast.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join