It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Officer for NYPD secretly records colleagues and superiors for over a year, exposes mass corruption!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
This crap happened to me about 2 weeks ago.. Neighbor called the police because me and gf were arguing loud (live in apt) so the police come, the siuation was already diffused before they got there, they said no crime has been commited, then they said have a nice night then left.. Approx 1 hour later they come back, saying there supervisor sent them back, and arrested me for domestic violence, they also saw a pistol on my night stand, and a few empty beer cans, and charged me with gun possesion while intox, although I was not possesing it.. Guess we will see how corrupt the judge is when my trial comes. I always told cop haters "oh well don't break the law, then complain about getting in trouble" Now I see why they hate cops.

Deebo

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Nice to see a officer with morals who aren't afraid to poke around for true justice.

He's probably a renegade.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I am not sure that this sounds all that bad.

With huge populations and serious lack of resources its only gonna be the more serious crimes that will get any attention. By that I pretty much mean, where someone has been killed. This is how it goes the world over.

A lot of this sounds pretty childish.

Somebody has got the hump becuase the guys up above are giving you are hard time. Weclome to life buddy. The sh1t only flows down.

How would you like if some of your work colleagues taped you secretly for 2 years. I am sure most people get up to sh1t at work they probably shouldn't.

Sounds like he has been watching too many cop movies where the rookie rats out the whole station becuase he doesn't like how its been done and to get a big medal from the mayor. Usually there is a good reason. I'm not sure I see the big reason here?

Guess everbody just wants there 15mins of fame these days.

[edit on 11-5-2010 by JohnySeagull]

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
The police are just the biggest gang in the world, in every country they are just doing all this stuff to terrorise, get it terrorise citizens.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by MysterE
I think the problem here is the reward system. Right now, the more crime there is, the more $$ is thrown at it. The police should get more money for a decrease in crime. Then there wouldn't be quotas, and more incentive to decrease crime.

Of course this may just lead to under reporting of crime, but there would need to be a measure to counter that as well.

-E-

I think you got it wrong... The "quotas" they talk about are simply for state/city/county revenue. The police are told they need to ticket a certain number of people for minor traffic violations to keep money coming in.

And obviously, high crime areas need more resources to reduce the crime. If crime increases, and we reduce their resources (money, officers, vehicles, guns, etc) to combat the crime, then the police will be fighting more crime with less... so how would this help the problem?

Your solution seems like it would just encourage what is just exposed in NY, not reporting crimes to keep the crime rate falling.

As a society, we need to put less emphasis on crime rates. They really are not a good representation of crime, as most crimes never get reported.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnySeagull
I am not sure that this sounds all that bad.

With huge populations and serious lack of resources its only gonna be the more serious crimes that will get any attention. By that I pretty much mean, where someone has been killed. This is how it goes the world over.

A lot of this sounds pretty childish.

Somebody has got the hump becuase the guys up above are giving you are hard time. Weclome to life buddy. The sh1t only flows down.

How would you like if some of your work colleagues taped you secretly for 2 years. I am sure most people get up to sh1t at work they probably shouldn't.

Sounds like he has been watching too many cop movies where the rookie rats out the whole station becuase he doesn't like how its been done and to get a big medal from the mayor. Usually there is a good reason. I'm not sure I see the big reason here?

Guess everbody just wants there 15mins of fame these days.

I totally agree here. Did anyone else actually listen to the audio links provided by the OP? I did, and found nothing really out of the ordinary. IMO this is a lot of hype over nothing.
I don't care for a lot of cops myself, there are some corrupt ones, but these tapes show nothing of corruption. It's just life in the Big City.
Welcome to Reality.
If someone followed YOU around for 2 years with a tape recorder I'm sure they could find something on you, too.
These cops have a tough job, and on the one hand they don't need to be bogged down with a lot of paperwork on bogus reports, but they have to balance that with the need for public safety and handling serious crimes.
Our problem isn't with the cops on the streets or their immediate bosses, the problem is much, much further up the chain of command. Try Washington D.C.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
The police are just the biggest gang in the world, in every country they are just doing all this stuff to terrorise, get it terrorise citizens.

The basic definition of Terrorism is: Inducing fear in a population, or segment thereof, for the purpose of promoting a political objective.

Their goal is not fear, in fact, their goal is to reduce fear by combating crime. Who pulls your unconscious friend out of their car when they wrap it around a tree? Who do you call when you get robbed? see my point?

If you think police are terrorists then, well, you might be a terrorist

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033

I really don't think this is why people join the force. Most are just doing a job. Some probably even believe they can make things a bit better. I imagine a lot hate the job too.

I am first in line to bitch about the cops when there is good reason. I don't think this is the case here. I could understand if something serious was been exposed. I wonder when he was at school did he tell the teacher that Johny beisde him was drawing rude pictures in maths class.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by MysterE

haha boy are you naive. i live in a small town 15k ppl and police here are also corrupt. we all hear rumors about that all the time. bribes etc. sh* one of the biggest law firms gone down for bribery last year. i live in oxford ms, home of ole miss university(yea, the town of the first presidential debate for obama)

small percentage? i'd say small percentage are honorable ppl.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
people, cmon. from the replies im reading everyone is shocked like "oh my god i cant believe police is corrupt!" duh! time to wake up its already 12pm !
they been corrupt and will always be corrupt. so are politicians, lobbyists lawyers etc etc. they all tie in together in one corrupt ass system we call government. please lets not pretend we didnt know that already.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ponyboyats
people, cmon. from the replies im reading everyone is shocked like "oh my god i cant believe police is corrupt!" duh! time to wake up its already 12pm !
they been corrupt and will always be corrupt. so are politicians, lobbyists lawyers etc etc. they all tie in together in one corrupt ass system we call government. please lets not pretend we didnt know that already.

I agree with you, but read some of those other threads where the police are seriously abusing their authority. Tasering Grandma because she's too slow with the ID, or Beating students because they happen to be too close, or even shooting one in the back because he tried to break up a fight. (all available on ATS)

On ATS, there are a whole lot of "One bad apple" badge kissers that really have no idea how bad it is for anyone who isn't either a friend of the cop, or related to one.

I view cops with the same suspicion that they view me. "Maybe this one is a good one, but I'm not counting on it."

..Ex

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by MysterE
reply to post by BreachedZone

I want to make it clear that I don't think all police are corrupt. I believe this represents a very small percentage of officers. For the most part I believe our law enforcement are honorable brave men.

-E-

[edit on 11-5-2010 by MysterE]

This PROVES that it is an INSTITUTIONALIZED problem, coming from the TOP down...and that means that it is NOT s small percent of officers...it is virtually ALL officerws...and that is a fact. MOST all officers want to keep their bosses happy, naturally, and so they of course will do what they are told. You for some reason seem to equate ' brave and honorable' with being above such conduct, and that makes NO sense.

Some cops are decent and want to obey the laws and regulations, but are forced to comply with illegal and morally bad orders from their superiors....thats what this story is all about!!

Anyone who actually READS what is documented by the whistleblower cop and LISTENS to the tapes CANNOT deny any more that cops can and do and will violate opur rights and file false reports and adjust their arrests to suit the statistics desired by their bosses.

What cops do, at every level, is cover up crimes for each other, hide the truth, deny access to evidence that proves their infamy, murder when need be and destroy the innocent...and all with no conscience.

New York is the worst place on earth for civil liberties, despite all the advances, the police are always going to resist and fight against having to obey the law and do it properly.

Every cop. no matter the rank, should be required to wear audio-video equipment at all times when on duty, and the tapes made available to anyone at any time for review and for evidence that could be used to charge the cops if they cross the line...now they get away with murder, literally, and nothing much is done.

You watch, I predict that in the future we will see cops content to leave the people the hell alone as long as they are not being violent or stealing....they will have to or face a guerilla force determined to rid society of bad cops..it may well come to that...as long as cops get away with murder and abuse of the People the resentment will build and at some point it will boil over.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Nothing will come of it, it will be news for a few days or weeks and forgotten. This guy will be killed if he tries to remain on the force. Just watch the movie or read the book Serpico. He was a NY cop back in the 70's and he wouldn't take the pay off money and money skimmed from drug busts etc. he didn't turn anyone in at first just didn't want the money. But they of course got nervous he wasn't one of them and started leaving him out to dry in situations hoping he'd get killed. etc. And he almost did so he turned them all in.

What this guy recorded is way more prevalent then people think even in smaller towns. Their may be a few exceptions but this is probably more the norm. This is what give police the us vs them attitude. Most cops know this and try and down play it or are in denial.

Hopefully this guy had the brains to retire and move away.

[edit on 11-5-2010 by hawkiye]

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ponyboyats
reply to post by MysterE

haha boy are you naive.

I think it's wishful thiinking more then naivety

-E-

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
What's sad is that I don't find any of this the least bit surprising knowing what I know about the Serpico scandal in the 70's, the Abner Louima case in the 90's and many others. Having watched "The Wire," which was co-created by a cop and is largely about just how institutionalized this sort of thing has become, I've learned to expect it. They call the stat manipulation "juking the stats," and it's done largely on orders from the Mayors and Chiefs of Police, who need lower crime stats so they can look good come election time.

The same sort of thing goes on in other institutions, and the "The Wire" also gets into how the school system does the same thing, passing kids who need help and falsifying test scores because if they don't, they would lose funding under "No Child Left Behind" (no, they're not left behind, they just pass them when they aren't ready to move on).

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
here's what i think:

Da police state that we live in
Allows the pigs to write tickets
For any reason they see fit
So they are lookin for reasons
to put yo ass in to prison
give you probation and piss you
catch you and cease to release you
until you pay the admission
the price of being a free man
da fines, bribes, attorneys fees and
working for free on the weekends
Community service for weaklings
picking up leaves on the streets and
not gettin paid for that # then
it will stay on your record
and you will not get a second
to explain what had happened
to your employer prospect
And you will not get a job then
You are a criminal felon
we are all criminals fellas
How would you deal with that, tell us?

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
This is so obvious. Did we really need this to be on the top flag? It's pretty obvious as well that there will be no fallout for these officers and their commanders. It's really stupid how it's just the same ol shizznit on ats. We see and prove beyond any reasonable doubt how corrupt our whole judicial system is yet you stand behind it. Trust it and rely on it to make judgments that destroy our society more n more daily.

What really needs to happen is for someone to record our executive branch and their corruption. Because that corruption is beyond devastating to our society and the world.

You will all be destroyed by the humans you have mistreated for your own gain

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Serpico lives. Brave man. I worry for his life. Nothing is scarier than a cop protecting his own. Vengance with a legal cover.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Wow surprising! NOT> NYC is an utter infestation of corruption. From WallStreet to the NYPD. When the hell is that city going to clean itself up. Or will it take another terrorist to do it
FLAME ON!

[edit on 11-5-2010 by Zosynspiracy]

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
This is what I call taking the initiative. This man has provided a stepping stone for the Truth movement.

The chess game just got interesting. Think of it, people that see the corruption everyday in wall street, congress, political parties, etc., starting to whistleblow with solid, undeniable, and incriminating evidence of the people in power.

If I wasn't preoccupied in college, I would definately be following this man's lead. I will go to sleep with a smile tonight.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join