It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anger over reality television 'virgin auction'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by dolphinfan

Anger over reality television 'virgin auction'

www.telegrap h.co.uk

An Australian documentary maker has convinced several young people to appear in a reality television programme in which they auction their virginity to the highest bidder.

e virgins will be paid $20,000 (pounds 12,000) each to take part in the auction and will also receive 90 per cent of their "sale price", according to a report in the Sydney Daily Telegraph.

Initial bids will be placed online
(visit the link for the full news article)

well it was going to happen sooner or later.
we have had people in a house, people in a jungle, people dancing,peopleiceskating,people dealing with cancer,peopledealing with some form of disease,peoplewho remember things, and people who erm do stuff. all those options and more tv presenters and program makers have had to sift through so it was only natural that we would have telavised pimping.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
t's not being held in Australia anymore - from the source article that was in the OP

Justin Sisley was forced to move the auction from the Australian state of Victoria to Nevada in America, after authorities said they would charge him with prostitution if the filming went ahead.

Personally I think it's gross, and I don't see the need for a TV show about it, especially if it gives younger girls the idea.

The girl participating in the article is 21 and as long as they are all old enough to fully understand what they are choosing to do, then yes, they can do what they want.

I'm sure people have done worse things to get $20,000.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthchild
t's not being held in Australia anymore - from the source article that was in the OP

Justin Sisley was forced to move the auction from the Australian state of Victoria to Nevada in America, after authorities said they would charge him with prostitution if the filming went ahead.

Personally I think it's gross, and I don't see the need for a TV show about it, especially if it gives younger girls the idea.

The girl participating in the article is 21 and as long as they are all old enough to fully understand what they are choosing to do, then yes, they can do what they want.

I'm sure people have done worse things to get $20,000.

probably but this is still pretty low.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Man, I don’t see why this is such a bad thing. The guys need condoms, and plus it’s for a lot of money. Who gives you the right to judge the actions of these girls? It is their choice, it is not like they are being forced into it. It honestly is just sex when it comes down to it. Some girls get paid over a million dollars for their virginity. Honestly I think it is an amazing move for them. If they were doing it against their will, then this is an entirely different story.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   

If prostitution is legal in Australia then why did he have to move the auction from Australia to Nevada ?

One 21-year-old woman from Sydney, who used the name Veronica, said she had signed up for the auction to earn money and challenge traditional perceptions about sex.

"Technically I'm selling my virginity for money, technically that would be classified as prostitution, but it's not going to be a regular thing, so in my head I can justify that I'm not going to be a prostitute," she told the paper

Oh I see as long as you don't sell your body on a regular basis you're not a prostitute

I wonder what the "technical" term for part time prostitution is ?

I have a hard time understanding why a female would keep her virginity until the age of 21 and then decied to sell it.

Unbelievable what goes on in the world today

This is just sad.

Edit for link;

www.telegraph.co.uk...

[edit on 5/10/2010 by chise61]

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by For(Home)Country

The blame actually goes to the Illuminati and bloodlines who concocted this as something to degrade television and humanity with, dump more karma, entrap more people, both the girls, and the customers, and the viewers of such trash, twisting a new agenda on the world, for their own ugly reasons, just before the catastrophe hits.

They are the spiders and spin the webs and they don't know it yet but the traps they dig for others to fall in, they will fall in the hardest themselves, for the girls, the customers and the audience don't have anywhere near as much to make up for as these serial killers with wars, hungers, disease, banks, homeless, depleted uranium,etc etc do.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

It is not the illuminati......It is intelligent producers that know that the viewers want. Worlds a changin.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Maddogkull

Give it up!
Everything in this world has to do with a certain bloodline that has ruled it since the beginning, they are the Sumars, the Zionists/12 tribes, Kabbalah group, the Egyptian Royalty, the Bloodlines/lost tribes of Dan. They are the bankers, the leaders, the shadow goverenment, the Jesuits. And to this day: ROME !

All corporations of any status are under their thumbs and do their bidding.

Nothing is every done or allowed on any broadcast station except by their design!

Reality check.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
The current system is dying. Stories like this just serve as proof that the system will eventually come crashing down to the ground.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
sad news
we are de-evolving

step 1: Find young daughters belonging to families with the lowest of family values and exploit their kid's flesh for it!

step 2: $$$$$$$

step 3: absolutely nothing

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Well hell, I have an idea. Actually stole it from movies with a twist.

We set up a reality TV show Named the Hunt your favorite Elitist Scum.

Maybe have the drug cartels snag a few frelling elitist scum destroying the world and have the hunt. The first to take down the elitist scum wins the prize.

Hell, it is only TV right? I am sure we could find a country to sponsor it.

What do you think? I am sure there will he huge audiences!?

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

step 1: Find young daughters belonging to families with the lowest of family values and exploit their kid's flesh for it!

Just because these adults made the decision to do this doesn't mean that they come from a family with the lowest of family values. It's wrong to pass a judgement like that on their parents. Many people raise their children in homes with the best family & moral values only to have the child choose a different lifestyle after they reach adulthood.

Sisley admitted his plan was unpopular with the parents of the people involved. "They hate me," he said.

Apparently it's not just people's daughters.

One of the male virgins, identified only as Alex, said he had applied as a way of meeting someone.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

[edit on 5/10/2010 by chise61]

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
prostitution has existed since time began. washington, and other major centres of government around the world, are whorehouses. many senators prostitute themselves by giving favours to zionist and elitest scum. that is so obvious. also, how much money do the elite give both parties annually and regularly. yet the general public seem to take this for granted.

we live in the time spoken of in the new testament where society disintegrates.

we live in the time spoken of by hindu astrologers 2000 years ago where ethics and morality will be turned upside down.

we live in the time spoken of in islamic writings where the rule of just law will decline. where those unfit to govern will hold power; and those wise ones who could guide us will not be involved with government. where women will think it distasteful to have children and barren women rejoice. where seasons will reverse, and orators lie openly, and violence and bloodshed become common, and immorality overtake shamelessness and is perpetuated publicly.

the latter sign above refers exactly to this threads topic.

so all the decadence was all prophecised and expected and actually built into the universal plan by god knows who. but suffering awaits those who succumb.
and the boil gets big, smelly and ugly before its lanced.
virgin auctions will pale into insignificance when compared with what is yet to come. how civilized will people be when society totally breaks down after natural catastrophes and a total war coming to a planet near you VERY shortly?

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I do not see what the big deal is. If you don't like it, don't participate in the auction and don't watch their television show.

Its that simple.

Everyone does not have the same values and views. People need to stop trying to push their own on others.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Dup

[edit on 10-5-2010 by HunkaHunka]

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan

Actually this practice has been around for ages....

Go watch memoirs of a geisha.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
This is tragically hilarious. What glorious ambivalence I'm feeling...

It also demonstrates the values that are placed upon women--even as youths.

They are taught to get things out of intercourse, be it a stable household, a husband, shoes...you name it. In other words, most women are technically prostitutes when they exchange anything for sex--even sans the formality of cash money in the transaction.(why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free?) The same goes for men in some respects, although ultimately our goal is...release...

In the words of my good friend Ethan: If a girl has sex with a man for any reason other than she is completely, hopelessly in love with him--she is a total hooker."

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I have always said that if I ever have to pay for it, I would cut it off and become a Monk.

And anyway Virgins are not good in bed. Too much drama to be pleasant. I do not understand the attraction.

I call fake on this one and I bet it is just a cheap way of getting publicity for something else. Besides there are not enough virgins left in Australia to make it competitive.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Well people have their rights and free will to be stupid.

My opinion is that anyone who chooses to sell their body is stupid. I feel a person should have more respect for their body. Really this is sad; I hope they realize the money they get from this is not going to make them happy.

I would not be mad about a show like this. Like most other “reality shows” I would shake my head and change the channel.

I wonder how much more can go on in the hearts and minds of those living on this planet before we are finally destroyed?

Raist

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Personally, I never understood the whole fascination of being with a virgin. I want an experienced woman who knows what she's doing. Much more fun that way. The more sex she's had before I met her, and the more she enjoys it, the better for me as far as I'm concerned. The first girl I was ever with had had 10 lovers before me. We were the same age (18), but she just really enjoyed sex so had a lot of fun in high school, I guess. I don't see the problem with that.

[edit on 5/10/2010 by LifeInDeath]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join