It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Excavation Now Happening Under the Sphinx' Paw! Was Edgar Cayce Right?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by LeoVirgo

Hermes and Thoth

I think Hermes & Thoth are the same divinity.

[edit on 15-5-2010 by _SilentAssassin_]

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by _SilentAssassin_

Hermes and Thoth

I think Hermes & Thoth are the same divinity.

[edit on 15-5-2010 by _SilentAssassin_]

Ive thought about that as well...but so far my personal conclusion is that they are not the same, and were later merged together.

I do think that alot of characters probably were the same characters....amongst many cultures....but I am a believer that the Egyptian characters are totally different and separate from any other cultures characters.

Just opinion though...enjoy sharing this interests with others and will have to look up some of these thoughts again and read some more for sure.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Julie Washington

I have been reading some this morning...and I still believe that the Greeks tied their Hermes God to Thoth...wishing they were one in the same. So much so that the Greeks even renamed the city and everything in Egypt to fit the Greeks side of things.

When I say that I thought the writings could be recent....my idea is that all the Greek writings that they try to relate to Thoth are much more recent then the true Tablets of Thoth should be.

If Thoth truly wrote the Emerald Tablets....we are talking thousands of years BC. There is no way to prove the Tablets themselves, for there is nothing to observe that they were even real writings thousands of years ago.

We see the Greeks and other authors referring to some things that they relate to the thrice great ect....but in relation to the time line....these references are much later in time then what these original writings would of been.

Until I can see or someone actually can view a real tablet of Thoth....Im just cautious to think or know it is just as what we 'read' it is.

But what ever or who ever did write the words that are said to be of the Emerald Tablets of Thoth....defiantly had some interesting things to say and had deep understanding of things that many cant even start to grasp about this world.

Yes, I have read the so called Tablets, several times, they are wonderful!

Going to keep looking into this, its all resparked my interests again.

Edit to add...it seems that the name Thoth itself is not Egyptian in origin...but a Greek diversion of the Egyptian word for ibis...DHwtj (Djehowtey)...or something close to that.

So this very idea that the original name of the Egyptian scribe would of been 'Djehowty'....and we read the name 'thoth' in the Emerald Tablets....to me suggests something written after the Greeks came and too influence in the Egyptian lands or the actual translations were done by the Greeks and they used the Greek translation of the name...instead of using the Egyptian word. I think we could be looking at the writings of a ancient Egypt time that became borrowed by the greeks and even the names translated would connect the Greeks to this ancient Egyptian God even more so.

t.web.umkc.edu...

www.kemet.org...

[edit on 15-5-2010 by LeoVirgo]

Wow..the more I read today, the more I think Greek's plagiarized from the Egyptians.....and did not give credit where credit was due.

Sorry for this off topic subject....thinking about starting a thread about this stuff.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Thank you so much for the links I'm going to give a look rite now, I absolutly love this stuff!

Until I can see or someone actually can view a real tablet of Thoth

Well, if they are really made of Emerald you wont see them for sure.

Just joking, I hope we do see them, that must be quite a sight.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by _SilentAssassin_

When you said that you felt Hermes and Thoth were the same...I know in my own way think you could be very much right....but yet one was derived from the other.

This might not be what you meant as being one in the same....but enjoy sharing the interests!

When the Greeks were allowed to enter into Egypt, it was finally the Persians that allowed this to happen. Then suddenly, we see everything being renamed with Greek names! Trying to find the original names of things before the Greek names is not easy.

TO mabey try to tie this in on topic....Thoth was very important to Egypt...(Ill use the word 'Thoth' as his name for that is how we recognize him today, even though this is his greek translated name)....

Tying it in....Thoth was said to be a builder of a city that holds the mysteries therein of all secrets.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Edgar Casey speech about the Sphinx:

"A record of Atlantis from the beginning of those periods when the Spirit took form, or began the encasements in that land; and the developments of the peoples throughout their sojourn; together with the record of the first destruction, and the changes that took place in the land; with the record of the sojournings of the peoples and their varied activities in other lands, and a record of the meetings of all the nations or lands, for the activities in the destruction of Atlantis; and the building of the pyramid of initiation, together with whom, what, and where the opening of the records would come, that are as copies from the sunken Atlantis. For with the change, it [Atlantis] must rise again. In position, this lies -- as the sun rises from the waters -- as the line of the shadows (or light) falls between the paws of the Sphinx; that was set later as the sentinel or guard and which may not be entered from the connecting chambers from the Sphinx's right paw until the time has been fulfilled when the changes must be active in this sphere of man's experience. Then [it lies] between the Sphinx and the river."
[378-16; Oct 29, 1933]

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by _SilentAssassin_

Ya know...I just got done posting about something for this in another thread.

I dont think Cayce was talking about literally under the sphinx for a treasure or what ever.

In 1998 we were alignment with the center of the galaxy...and I think the river he was talking about was the milky way which to the Egyptians, the Nile represents the Milky way. I know everyone says in 2012 we will have this alignment....but it actually takes 36 years for us to move through the bulge of this alignment...the middle of this time of the 36 years was in 1998. Look at how many people have claimed awakenings sense then. In 1980 we started to move through this alignment...and it will take us till 2016 to reach the edge of it....so the middle of this time, for the true alignment, was in 1998. The Sphinx relates to Leo...the whelp comes out of the Lion...we are half way around the clock of the ages....if we start the great cycle with Leo, with the building of the Sphinx.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   

There are three known passageways leading into the Sphinx. One is on the back of the Sphinx near its head. This shaft is short and leads to a dead end. Another is at ground level on the north side of the Sphinx near its hip. This shaft has been explored and leads to a dead end below the water table.

The third tunnel is known only from an unpublished photo made in 1926. It is located on the north side near the middle and has been covered with brickwork in later restorations.

www.catchpenny.org...

Zahi Hawass earlier addressed the rumored chamber in his 1990 "Update" to The Pyramids and Temples of Gizah by Flinders Petrie (London: Histories & Mysteries of Man Ltd., 1990; p. 101-102): The last site investigated by the Japanese [Waseda University in Japan] was the Sanctuary of the Sphinx. The three areas targeted were:

A. South of the Sphinx.
B. North of the Sphinx.
C. In front of the two paws of the Sphinx.

The results were:
A. South of the Sphinx. The Japanese indicated the existence of a hollow 2.5 m. to 3 m. underground. And, they found indications of a groove on the Sphinx body that extends beneath the Sphinx.

B. North of the Sphinx. The Japanese found another groove similar to the southern one which may indicate that maybe there is a tunnel underneath the Sphinx connecting the south and north grooves.

C. In front of the two paws of the Sphinx. The Japanese found another hollow space about 1 m. to 2 m. below surface. Again, they believe that it might extend underneath the Sphinx.

The conclusion of the Japanese work suggests that the sanctuary of the Sphinx contains more cavities below the Sphinx than were previously known.

The combined data collected by the recent research at Giza resulted in the indications that there is/are:

1. Hollows located under the Sphinx as yet, not identified.
2. Cavities running from north to south underneath the Sphinx.
3. A tunnel south of the pyramid of Khufu ...

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by ogbert
Maybe they are looking for Thoth's spaceship?

Emerald tablets 5-crystalinks

Over the spaceship,
erected a marker in the form
of a lion yet like unto man.
There 'neath the image rests yet my spaceship,
forth to be brought when need shall arise.

and then, this post
Emerald Tablets of Thoth say a spaceship under giza platueu

[edit on 10-5-2010 by ogbert]

Hey the document you are citing... have you ever read this part in it???

QUOTE FROM THE PREFACE
The writer (who has a connection with the Great White Lodge which also works through the pyramid priesthood) was instructed to recover and return to the Great Pyramid the ancient tablets.

This, after adventures which need not be detailed here, was accomplished. Before returning them, he was given permission to translate and retain a copy of the wisdom engraved on the tablets.

This was done in 1925 and only now has permission been given for part to be published. It is expected that many will scoff. Yet the true student will read between the lines and gain wisdom.

===========================================

So basically what they are saying is, the translator of "The Emerald Tablets of Thoth The Atlantean", will not reveal his name. He will not reveal how he got access to the tablets and he will not let anyone else translate them. It also says he is a member of the Great White Lodge.

So this source you cannot verify. There is no reason to hide your name in any source material, unless you are not telling the truth and you don't want someone to check your references or cross reference your material!

It is then stated that the tablets were returned, in effect removing any evidence or letting anyone else translate the material.

I hope you realize this is the same hog wash as the mormon religion used to create their religion. The creator "Joseph Smith" claimed he got tablets from an angel and the tablets stated that after Jesus was ressurected, he came to America to teach the indians about christianty. Smith then claimed the tablets were inside a hat and had to recite them while a counter part took down the information on the tablets. The counter parts wife asked him to prove that they were real and recite them again word for word (which smith couldn't do because he was making it all up) so he made up an excuse and then recited a different version. It didn't matter however because people are really stupid and the story goes, the angel took the tablets away, so no one else could translate them.

This spawned the whole Mormon religion!

The references to the The Emerald Tablets of Thoth The Atlantean, are the exact same thing, I hope you realize this!

My question to you is this:

Why would you put so much thought in to a document that can never be verified? I am just curious.

You do realize that if one of your assumptions is wrong, because you cannot verify the author or the source, or even the date this material was created, you could be way off track... right?!?!?!

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
1. Zahi protests so much about "New Agers" but his education was funded by the Edgar Cayce Foundation:

"Hancock also relates that the leading Egyptian Egyptologist, Zahi Hawass, who pulled West and his group out, also has a connection to the Edgar Cayce Foundation. In a biography by Hugh Lynn Cayce, son of Edgar Cayce, in which he relates his plans to fulfill his father´s prophecies, it is written that Zahi Hawass helped ARE in internal link1980 by making an excavation in front of the Temple of the Sphinx, near the Sphinx. He says that this investigation proved to be fruitless and that he decided then that Hawass needed to advance higher in the Egyptian system. The best way to bring this about was to see to it that he received a stipend and advanced training at an American university with the help of ARE. And so it came about, says Hancock." fusionanomaly.net...

2. Mark Lehrner's education was also funded by the Edgar Cayce Foundation according to Smithsonian Magazine February 2010 Vol. 40 No.11. pp 32-33
"finishing his [Mark Lerhrner] undergraduate education at the American University of Cairo with support froml Cayce's foundation."

3. Mark Lehrner and Zahi met as fellow Cayceians:
"I first met Mark at a party in 1974. He was in Egypt studying Anthropology for a year at the American University in Cairo. He was a quiet man, but we got talking and he told me that he was interested in Egyptology, so I invited him to my office at the pyramids to talk. At this time I was a young archaeologist, only twenty-seven years old. As we got to know each other, Mark told me that he had come to Egypt from North Dakota with a scholarship from the Cayce Foundation. Edgar Cayce was a famous American psychic who would enter trances and diagnose illnesses; he would then suggest prescriptions to cure these illnesses. One day, in a trance, Cayce announced that in a previous life he had lived in Atlantis, and that when the island sank he took the technology of the Atlanteans to Egypt where he buried the records of his people in a box below the right paw of the sphinx. This room became known as the Hall of Records. I did not share Mark’s beliefs, but I still respected him and we became friends."

Article "Mark and Me" www.drhawass.com...

Sounds like the fox is guarding the hen house, and there is more going on under the covers than is being admitted....

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by pianopraze

I read that there are a lot of spiritual initiations going on in Egypt. George Bush is one of them. This is probably the reason why we never hear the whole story about the real things going on in Egypt, such has secret chambers etc. These are probably being hidden from humanity, to be used by half dozen luciferian freaks.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by _SilentAssassin_

I read that there are a lot of spiritual initiations going on in Egypt. George Bush is one of them. This is probably the reason why we never hear the whole story about the real things going on in Egypt, such has secret chambers etc. These are probably being hidden from humanity, to be used by half dozen luciferian freaks.

^ Agreed ^

Slaves including Hebrews and Hired Egyptian works built much of what we
see in Egypt today as far as the great Egyptian Ancient Monuments. After t
he egyptians lost most of their army, moral, and slave workers after the
Uprising of Moses, and the red sea parting, Egyptian Economy fell hard.
And has since never been able to fully recover to its once prosperous
state. That and famines, draughts, and plagues that have swept through
countlessly. Text

[edit on 20-5-2010 by KilluminatisRex]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by KilluminatisRex

You are wrong and shouting doesn't change the fact.

We can hear you

[edit on 20-5-2010 by Kandinsky]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   

LEHNER: Wow, do you want the real answer or the abridged version? I first went to Egypt in 1972 as a tourist. And then I went back in 1973, the following year as a year abroad student at the American University in Cairo. And it's no secret that when I went I myself was imbued with the ideas of lost civilizations and inspired by a man named Edgar Cayce. So I was in fact, myself, looking for the lost civilization and something called the Hall of Records.

Or at least those ideas were on my mind. To make a long story short, those ideas didn't stand up against bedrock reality. And so then I was still fascinated by these pyramids and the Sphinx. Then I asked the question, well, what is the real story? What is the story that the site itself has to tell. And so that's what sustained me and kept me out there in a kind of exploratory mode.
Mark Lehner's own words.

The Edgar Cayce connection is as over-exaggerated as the success of Cayce's wacky prophecies. It's no conspiracy or secret about the Lehner's original interests. It's Scissors, paper, stone...whereby real science always beats fringe and prophecy

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky

We can hear you

[edit on 20-5-2010 by Kandinsky]

how am I wrong and you know this to be true?

howtobuild a pyramid

Aliens are a lie made up by Pagan Elitist such as Government and Scientists

My text was highlighted to make a point so that people dont skip past it as they may with others post. people need to hear the truth

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by KilluminatisRex

Originally posted by Kandinsky

We can hear you

how am I wrong and you know this to be true?

Sorry to butt in Kandinsky, but...

First of all, KilluminatusRex, let me congratulate you for at least asking this question.

Secondly, one way that you are wrong is that the pyramid-building phase of Egyptian civilization ended before the Hebrews became Hebrews.

There are several other more nuanced ways that you are wrong, but the one I pointed out is enough to answer your question.

Harte

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

You said the pyramid phase was before hebrews became hebrews. What do you know about hebrews being hebrews? Abraham is the father of the Hebrews, and the Hebrews were introduced into Egyptian Society by Abrahams Great Grandson Joseph Son of Jacob and Grandson of Isaac.
Joseph became a great Governor in Egypt and through him did his people the Hebrews follow to stay and intermingle with the Egyptians. However through jealously and fear of the Hebrews power, possibly taking the nation of Egypt over, A conspiracy to enslave the Hebrews went into place. im sure most of you are familiar with at least the enslavement of the Hebrews

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   

reply to post by Harte

You said the pyramid phase was before hebrews became hebrews. What do you know about hebrews being hebrews? Abraham is the father of the Hebrews, and the Hebrews were introduced into Egyptian Society by Abrahams Great Grandson Joseph Son of Jacob and Grandson of Isaac.
Joseph became a great Governor in Egypt and through him did his people the Hebrews follow to stay and intermingle with the Egyptians.

What do I know? All of the above (and much more) is known to me. I hope you won't mind that I don't necessarily believe it, however.

I mean, the Bible (Talmud) is the only evidence for it.

On the other hand, are you willing to place a date on the birth of Abraham in Ur of the Chaldeans? I've never seen one earlier that 2,000 BCE, and that one has been refuted a couple of times in a couple of ways.

See, the Great Pyramid was built around 2600 BCE.

Hence, no Hebrews involved.

sure most of you are familiar with at least the enslavement of the Hebrews

Established fact: The Babylonian Captivity
Not established fact: Egyptian enslavement of the Hebrews.

Harte

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I am sorry I did not clearify. Work on the great structures could have been started and many completed by other slaves of egypt or some of egypts people themselves before the Hebrew introduction and slavery, but it is fact (not backed by many scientists before they are skeptics to anything that proves God or the stories within the bible) that the Egyptian Empire Strived Exceedingly under Hebrew Slavery. Even if the Estimated construction date of 2600 BCE is correct and hebrews did not arrive til 2000 or 1600 or whichever it theorized, it does not mean that aliens did anything or inspired anyone to build these. Babylonian legend and faith, which is strongly practiced today by many high ranked governement and scientists officials, believed that Humans were made from Aliens or perhaps gods. They believe Humans were created by mixing the blood of a god or a particular alien, with clay. To create a race of slaves that would serve the gods. These ideas cause the value for human life to decrease. That is why they would try to put the idea of aliens into your mind and even cause official reports like that steven hawkings guy about aliens. They want you to believe in the False image that God warned people about in the bible. Those who do not believe in god would believe in a false image.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Slaves including Hebrews and Hired Egyptian works built much of what we see in Egypt today as far as the great Egyptian Ancient Monuments.

No slaves built the pyramids. Work crews of farmers and specialty stone carvers did. The pyramids sit in the middle of a gigantic cemetery. The graves of the workers with their names and titles are there near the pyramids. So are the graves of the nobles of the courts. The seasonal housing and kitchens for the workers are also located there.

After the egyptians lost most of their army, moral, and slave workers after the Uprising of Moses, and the red sea parting, Egyptian Economy fell hard.

They didn't lose most of their army at any single time.

And has since never been able to fully recover to its once prosperous
state. That and famines, draughts, and plagues that have swept through
countlessly.

It's recovered 5 or 6 times. There were several "intermediate periods", there was the rule of the Hyksos (thrown out of the country) and the Lybians (ditto). Alexander the Great was the one who conquered them and the Greek pharaohs (the great-great grandparents of Cleopatra) were the ones who began the bankruptcy of the country.

Egypt has a very interesting and rich history. Have a look at Wikipedia -- lots of fun and interesting history there.

But no slaves building pyramids.

[edit on 20-5-2010 by Byrd]

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join