It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man-Made Beehives, Rosslyn Chapel and Colony Collapse Disorder

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Scope of thread:
Before we get started, I'd just like to state my intentions with this thread. This particular thread, from my initial standpoint, is not about some vast masonic conspiracy, at least with modern day Freemasons. I'm also not stating any theory as fact, but rather, I'm drawing some very loose connections between a current phenomenon and a recent archeological discovery. Rosslyn Chapel is often associated with the Knights Templar and Freemasonry and it is not within the scope of this original post to argue for or against these possible connections, unless any new evidence or ensight takes us in such a direction. This thread is for member input as to what the recently discovered symbolism could mean. With that being said, I'll continue below.

Bees of Rosslyn:

There has been a lot of buzz lately about bees, due to the current so-called Colony Collapse Disorder or CCD. Like many other people, I am interested in this current crisis and it's possible implications. Could there be very subtle hints from the past, suggesting that there could be problems with bees in the future?

Upon further research of this subject, I stumbled upon an article about a recent discovery by workers who are renovating Rosslyn Chapel. What they found is absolutely perplexing and although it wouldn't seem so on first thought, as you read through this post, you'll surely come to the same conclusion.
This recent discovery was of two man-made beehives carved in the stonework of Rosslyn Chapel. Apparently, these beehives were constructed along with the chapel in the mid 15th century.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3996cacab514.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f5e5125c3d52.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a9ba8c6e00ab.jpg[/atsimg]

Snippet from original article:

The ancient Rosslyn Chapel, beloved as the key to mysteries surrounding The Da Vinci Code, the Holy Grail and the Knights Templar, has thrown up another unfathomable puzzle: what lies behind the secret of the bees?

Builders renovating the 600-year-old chapel have discovered two beehives carved within the stonework high on the pinnacles of the roof. They are thought to be the first man-made stone hives ever found.

It appears the hives were carved into the roof when the chapel was built, with the entrance for the bees formed, appropriately, through the centre of an intricately carved stone flower. The hives were found when builders were dismantling and rebuilding the pinnacles for the first time in centuries.

Malcolm Mitchell, from Page Park, the architects on the £7 million restoration, said it appeared the chapel had been a haven for the insects as long ago as the 15th century.

Read More: Rosslyn Chapel Discovery is Causing a Buzz
www.timesonline.co.uk...

Ancient Beehives:

Ancient beehives themselves aren't anything really mysterious since we know that bees have held an important place in civilizations throughout history, at least since the first dynasty, Egypt. Below, are a few art pieces from Egypt, depicting bees and/or beekeeping:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/95374ea16103.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/53d7088d3843.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ec4c20772758.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c1018f5b0284.jpg[/atsimg]

In the ruins of Rehov in the modern day nation of Israel, we have ancient beehives dating back 3,000 years:

All of these archeological finds of ancient beehives, point to an advanced honey producing industry of our ancestors, which would only seem logical, no mystery there.

Rosslyn Chappel:

What makes these Rosslyn Chapel beehives odd, is that they were made as a sanctuary for the bees and not for the purpose of harvesting honey but rather, out of apparent respect for the insects.

"Master masons built these in, whether it was under direction or not. What you find at Rosslyn is there are so many irregularities and nuances in the stone work and it's as if the stone masons are teasing us from the past," Mr Mitchell said.

"These hives were never intended to be a source of honey. They were there purely to protect the bees from our inclement weather."

"There doesn't seem to be any precedent.

"Bee hives in the past were normally portable. Often they were made of wicker baskets or ceramics, but the intention was that you would have access to them.

"At Rosslyn they are there purely for the bees."

He said there appeared to be a coating to protect the sandstone from the insects, which can damage masonry.

Read More: Rosslyn Chapel was haven for bees
news.bbc.co.uk...

Continued below...

[edit on 10-5-2010 by airspoon]

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 05:19 AM
link   
...Continued from top

“From the research that we have done, this is a unique situation in Europe. We haven’t found any precedent of this type of hive before. We were quite taken aback. It’s very unusual.
“In Scotland, hives are so often made of baskets which can be lifted and moved around. It was particularly a surprise because the hives themselves are the ideal size for bees to inhabit — hollowed out to the size of a gas cylinder — but they were constructed purely as a haven for the bees. They weren’t built to harvest honey,” he added.

Read More: Rosslyn Chapel Discovery is Causing a Buzz
www.timesonline.co.uk...

We then have to ask, why would the stone masons who constructed the chapel want to build a sanctuary for bees, if not for honey? Conventional history tells us that the constructers of the chapel would not know the significance that bees play in the reproduction of plant life and their importance to the food supply.

What we now know about bees, as far as plant reproduction through pollination, wasn't discovered until hundreds of years later:

The German physician and botanist Rudolf Jakob Camerarius (1665-1721) is credited with the first empirical demonstration that plants reproduce sexually. Camerarius discovered the roles of the different parts of a flower in seed production. While studying certain bisexual (with both male and female reproductive organs) species of flowers, he noted that a stamen (male pollen-producing organ) and a pistil (female ovule-producing organ) were both needed for seed production. The details of fertilization were discovered by scientists several decades after Camerarius's death.

Among the many other scientists who followed Cam erarius's footsteps in the study of pollination, one of the most eminent was Charles Darwin. In 1862, Darwin published an important book on pollination: The Various Contrivances by which Orchids Are Fertilized by Insects. In part, Darwin wrote this book on orchids in support of his theory of evolution proposed in The Origin of Species, published in 1859.

Darwin demonstrated that many orchid flowers had evolved elaborate structures by natural selection in order to facilitate cross-pollination. He suggested that orchids and their insect pollinators evolved by interacting with one another over many generations, a process referred to as coevolution.

Read more: Pollination -History of Pollination Studies
science.jrank.org...

What's even more perplexing, is that one hive had an opening for bees to colonate while the other hive, had no opening and therefore bees were not able to colonate the man-made beehive.

Honeycombs were found abandoned inside the hive in the north pinnacle, but, equally strangely, the hive on the south pinnacle did not have an entry hole for bees and therefore had not been occupied.
Read More: Rosslyn Chapel was haven for bees
news.bbc.co.uk...

Questions to ask from the information gleemed above:

Why were these buzzing little insects so important to the stone masons who constructed Rosslyn Chapel, if they were not after the honey? Could these stone masons have had secret knowledge about bees that the rest of us have only learned hundreds of years later? Is there any significance of this archeological find with our current crisis of Colony Collapse Disorder? If we believe that Rosslyn Chapel is encoded with other important symbols, then why would we not also conclude that this too was meant to be a symbol. Like other alleged symbols in the chapel, could this be hinting to something that the masses do not yet know of or understand? Why would the north pinnacle have an opening for bees to enter and colonate while the south pennacle had no opening at all and therefore no bees. What does this mean, if anything? Was this a simple mistake on the part of the masons or was it done intentionally to symbolize something?

Conclusion:

Rosslyn Chapel is famous for its symbolism and these two beehives seem to be one of those symbols. My guess to what it means is just as good as yours. Why would bees be symbolized in such a way? Bees are found promanently in mythology and have been used as a model for human society but why have one open and active hive while the other hive is sealed and dead? Could this be symbolism for a secret society only? I find that definition hard to believe because the sealed hive has no way of connecting with the other or breathing life. Could this be a hint predicting the CCD crisis that we are currently facing? Could it be a self fulfilling prophecy? Could it just be a mistake to where they forgot to put an opening? Unless this is a simple mistake, it would almost prove a connection from Rosslyn Chapel to a secret society or secret knowledge, at the very least. Again, my guess is as good as yours. I am interested in what others think about this, though I do remain on the skeptical side.

--airspoon

Links to source material:

• Times Online
  • BBC
  • Wikipedia - Rehov
  • Wikipedia - CCD
  • Wikipedia - Rosslyn Chapel
  • Pollination - History Of Pollination Studies

Edited for grammar and structure.

• posted on May, 10 2010 @ 06:23 AM
    link   
    The pinnacle in the photo you posted, where the bees enter in through the flower at the base of the statue reminds me of the skull and bones pinnacle in the Kutna Hora Bone Church.

Perhaps this represents the human bee hive system. The bee hive symbol is used in a lot of masonic imagery. They have a Queen over them.

It's rather interesting that references depict the Canaanites always served a queen or goddess.

The similarity in the two pinnacle images is uncanny. Also I think there is an obvious metaphor in these icons.

[edit on 10-5-2010 by Alethea]

[edit on 10-5-2010 by Alethea]

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 07:13 AM
    link   
    Great Thread.

Perhaps this was a message to the future (us) to watch for the disappearance of bees...precursor to End Times?

[edit on 10-5-2010 by Signals]

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 02:42 PM
    link   
    Very cool. Thank you for presenting the info. I wonder why the second hive was blocked off. If you are growing food you would want the bees around. Two hives ensure more of a survival rate and better coverage.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 02:50 PM
    link   
    Very very cool. I believe that the Knights Templar and the Freemasons are holders of ancient knowledge passed down from ancient civilizations. Great thread!

As most people may know, Rosslyn Chapel is the place where people link the Freemasons with the Knights Templar. It's a very important place.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 04:02 PM
    link   
    reply to post by Alethea

It does look just like the S&B pennacle however, it seems to be a popular style of the times, sort of gothic. Whether the two are connected somehow, I have no idea.

reply to post by staple

They shouldn't have had bees to pollinate plant life because that science simply wasn't known back then. It wasn't until hundreds of years later, that a German scientist figured out plant sexual reproduction. If people kept bees back then, it was for honey, not farming plants.

What makes these hives odd, is that they were not for honey at all. So either the people behind the chapel knew this "secret" about pollination hundreds of years before everyone else or they had some other weird fascination with the insect.

IMO, the two hives, one open and alive and the other closed and dead, are clearly meant to symbolize something.

--airspoon

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 09:54 PM
    link   
    reply to post by Signals

Nice videos, though I do have to admit that I'm not yet quite sold on these vast conspiracies with little *known evidence, such as the NWO influencing the bee population. My time has generally been focused on 9/11 but it seems the deeper I dig into it, the more I find elsewhere. Of course, I never outright reject them either. I think that these two beehives can, at the very least, provide a small piece of hard evidence.

--airspoon

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 10:18 PM
    link   
    Wow. Great thread and presentation of the information.

I kind of lean towards it being symbolic of something, I just wish I knew what. Did the Templars place symbolic signifigance on the four directions NSWE? I know the Church did...(sorry just a bad pun on the song by the Church
    )

The fact that they placed the entrance to the hive in the center of a flower could suggest that they were hinting at the knowledge of pollination before it was "discovered" much later.

This is one I am going to have to watch to see what others may think.

S&F

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 01:03 AM
    link   
    I looked for Templar symbolism of north and south, but didn't really come up with anything specific.
    My eyes are getting tired, so I'm gonna watch X-Files and sleep.

I'll try to look again tomorrow.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 01:14 AM
    link   
    Did the temlars know how amazing bees were? Did you know that Bees tell others bees where to fly by dancing? They tell their buddies where to fly..

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 03:09 AM
    link   
    reply to post by BeastMaster2012

Cool video! Bees are pretty amazing creatures. But, lets just say that they worshipped bees for all of their amazing feats, the symbolism is still very strong with the one open and alive hive and the other closed and dead hive. Even still, when the chapel was being built in the 15th century (1400s), the science behind bees and bee behavior was simply not known, at least according to the historical record. So, we have two issues here, one being that this may be evidence to support that the builders of the temple had secret and possibly ancient knowledge. The other issue being the heavy symbolism in the two opposing hives. Now, all of the sudden, we are having troubles with our current bee populations. If many theorists are correct and the people behind the chapel were able to embed themselves in positions of influence to run the world, then our current bee problem could and should be connected to their obvious historical obsession with the creatures.

--airspoon

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 04:03 AM
    link   

Originally posted by airspoon

We then have to ask, why would the stone masons who constructed the chapel want to build a sanctuary for bees, if not for honey? Conventional history tells us that the constructers of the chapel would not know the significance that bees play in the reproduction of plant life and their importance to the food supply.

What we now know about bees, as far as plant reproduction through pollination, wasn't discovered until hundreds of years later:

According to the information presented here, I think this would eliminate symbolism dealing with the actual creatures. The significance refers to something else. I believe it points to the goal of a human hybrid slave species.

Rosslyn Chapel is famous for its symbolism and these two beehives seem to be one of those symbols. My guess to what it means is just as good as yours. Why would bees be symbolized in such a way? Bees are found promanently in mythology and have been used as a model for human society but why have one open and active hive while the other hive is sealed and dead?

Your answer is within the text you quoted. "Bees have been used as a model for human society."

One thing you are missing here is that bees who live in hives are HYBRID bees. They are not natural!

Another question we might ask is who played with the genetic structure of these creatures to create hybridization? And is this the eventual plan for human beings?

Humans who are caught up in the network of the society hives are trapped by offerings of gain and threats of blackmail. People have been manipulated by guilt or pleasure. The masses are controlled by the lack of true information and peer pressure that causes ostracism should critical thinking kick in.

However, we are now at a time of upheaval of these systems and it will take something like an electronic implant to get the beehives back in line in the future. Frequencies that control the brainwaves will be the next step. If it is not implemented soon, the human bee hive system may just break free of the controls that have been in place for thousands of years.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 04:38 AM
    link   
    Hybridized bees cannot think for themselves. They are programmed into hive mentality.

Using this video illustration as an analogy, it is easy to see how our elite masters can kill off the sheep with little effort. Though there are less of them, they are "bigger" in terms of their power and holdings which give them the strength against us.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 04:52 AM
    link   
    Upon glossing over the OP post, I was immediately reminded of the Merovingian bloodline who adopted occult bee symbolism from ancient Babylonian times (first read it in David Icke's "The Biggest Secret").
    The symbolism is also found on Mormon structures, allegedly descendants of that bloodline, and founded by an alleged renegade Mason.

On the hive and bee as symbols of the Merovingians see: beelore.com...

The Merovingian kings were noted sorcerors in the manner of the Samaritan Magi, and they firmly believed in the hidden powers of the honeycomb. Because a honeycomb is naturally made up of hexagonal prisms, it was considered by philosophers to be the manifestation of divine harmony in nature. Its construction was associated with insight and wisdom – as detailed in Proverbs 24:13-14: “My son, eat thou honey, because it is good… So shall the knowledge of wisdom be unto thy soul…”

[edit on 11-5-2010 by halfoldman]

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 05:03 AM
    link   

[ the symbolism is still very strong with the one open and alive hive and the other closed and dead hive.

Just speculating, but perhaps the other hive is not a "dead hive". Perhaps it's just meant to portray a chamber of larvae and pupae. Usually, at least two boxes are used in bee keeping. The bottom box contains the eggs and all the nursemaid bees. In commercial bee keeping, a screen with small holes called a "queen excluder" is placed over the top of the bottom box. The holes in it allow the worker bees to pass back and forth through both boxes, but the queen, being larger, cannot get through and is therefore confined to the bottom chamber. The top box is strictly for honey production.

Even still, when the chapel was being built in the 15th century (1400s), the science behind bees and bee behavior was simply not known, at least according to the historical record.

The following information would indicate that your statement is not true.

Honeybees were kept in Egypt from antiquity.[4] On the walls of the sun temple of Nyuserre Ini from the 5th Dynasty, before 2422 BCE, workers are depicted blowing smoke into hives as they are removing honeycombs.[5] Inscriptions detailing the production of honey are found on the tomb of Pabasa from the 26th Dynasty (circa 650 BCE), depicting pouring honey in jars and cylindrical hives.[6] Sealed pots of honey were found in the grave goods of Pharaohs such as Tutankhamun.

In prehistoric Greece (Crete and Mycenae), existed a systematic of high-status apiculture as it can be concluded by the finds of hives, smoking pots, honey extractors and other beekeeping paraphernalia in Knossos.

Archaeological finds relating to beekeeping have been discovered at Rehov, a Bronze- and Iron Age archaeological site in the Jordan Valley, Israel.[8] Thirty intact hives, made of straw and unbaked clay, were discovered by archaeologist Amihai Mazar of the Hebrew University of Jerusalem in the ruins of the city, dating from about 900 BCE. The hives were found in orderly rows, three high, in a manner that could have accommodated around 100 hives, held more than 1 million bees and had a potential annual yield of 500 kilograms of honey and 70 kilograms of beeswax, according to Mazar, and are evidence that an advanced honey industry existed in ancient Israel 3,000 years ago.[9] Ezra Marcus, an expert from the University of Haifa, said the finding was a glimpse of ancient beekeeping seen in texts and ancient art from the Near East.[10][11]

en.wikipedia.org...

If an advanced honey industry existed 3000 years ago, surely it was known in the 1400's.

So, we have two issues here, one being that this may be evidence to support that the builders of the temple had secret and possibly ancient knowledge. The other issue being the heavy symbolism in the two opposing hives. --

As far as symbolism of the masonic bee hive concept, the separation of boxes could denote "those who are kept in the dark" about the real mission. Those who are kept out of the honey loop are the ones who go out and do the public service works to make the organizations 'look good' and keep up the charitable pretense and appearances.

[edit on 11-5-2010 by Alethea]

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 05:27 AM
    link   
    reply to post by Alethea

According to the information presented here, I think this would eliminate symbolism dealing with the actual creatures. The significance refers to something else. I believe it points to the goal of a human hybrid slave species.

I appreciate your input and I'm digesting it all now, however your insight is interesting.

Your answer is within the text you quoted. "Bees have been used as a model for human society."

I didn't quote that, I wrote it myself, from my experience with ancient and historical literature.

One thing you are missing here is that bees who live in hives are HYBRID bees. They are not natural!

You make a very interesting point, however, were bees back in the 15th century hybridized? Also, are all bees who live in hives hybrids, especially back then? I know that modern bees are hybrids, especially those used for honey and modern beekeeping. I will research this further but from the top of my head, that doesn't ring true though I certainly could be wrong.

As for the rest of your input, I'll pour over it through-out the day when I'm not so busy. It certainly is interesting and definitely warrants further research on my part.

--airspoon

[edit on 11-5-2010 by airspoon]

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 10:43 AM
    link   

Originally posted by halfoldman
    Upon glossing over the OP post, I was immediately reminded of the Merovingian bloodline who adopted occult bee symbolism from ancient Babylonian times (first read it in David Icke's "The Biggest Secret").
    The symbolism is also found on Mormon structures, allegedly descendants of that bloodline, and founded by an alleged renegade Mason.

On the hive and bee as symbols of the Merovingians see: beelore.com...

The Merovingian kings were noted sorcerors in the manner of the Samaritan Magi, and they firmly believed in the hidden powers of the honeycomb. Because a honeycomb is naturally made up of hexagonal prisms, it was considered by philosophers to be the manifestation of divine harmony in nature. Its construction was associated with insight and wisdom – as detailed in Proverbs 24:13-14: “My son, eat thou honey, because it is good… So shall the knowledge of wisdom be unto thy soul…”

[edit on 11-5-2010 by halfoldman]

The merovingians are the supposed bloodline of Jesus Christ and Mary Magdalene.

I have been fascinated by the jews who live in southern France. I think that the Templars were Jewish since the original 9 knights came from southern France. After the first crusade, all the knights who conquered Jerusalem elected Baldwin the king, who happens to be from Southern France. The Templars excavated Solomon's temple for 9 years and returned back to europe.

Ever wonder why many references in judaism revolves around early Judaism? Anyways, the ancient's knew far more than we can ever dream of knowing.. they were brilliant people.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 11:07 AM
    link   

Originally posted by halfoldman

The importance of the Merovingian Kings and the key to all of this, is that the Roman Empire was established on the pattern of the Merovingian Dynasty.

Several Merovingian kings simultaneously ruled their own realms, but the "kingdom" was actually a single entity being ruled collectively. If there was a turn of events it would simply result in the reunification of the whole kingdom under a single ruler.

In our world today, the same safeguards of collective rulership have been put in place. We have a national government interconnected with other ruling factions, i.e. "the Crown", the Pope, and the U.N.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 06:36 PM
    link   
    reply to post by Alethea

Are the Merovingians allegedly connected to the Templars and subsequently to the Freemasons? If so, how so? Also, I have a hard time believing that modern day Masons are connected to any secret world domintion plans, or even to the Freemasonry of the past. Could modern day Freemasons just be a front organization by a bunch of guys wanting a connection to a group with a powerful past? It seems like anyone can become a Freemason, if they really wanted to. How can modern day Freemasons be connected to anything from the past?

--airspoon

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join