It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Running on water ! For real !

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
You can see his feet go the same distance below the water line, then take the weight of his entire body. The way he falls at the end of each run also indicates he knows where it's ending.

It's as fake as a 3 dollar bill.

[edit on 9-5-2010 by Risen]

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by markygee

...might want to write about the syndrome....not sure it's a complex.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Risen
You can see his feet go the same distance below the water line, then take the weight of his entire body.

Yes because he is standing on something maybe...

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting

...might want to write about the syndrome....not sure it's a complex.

Now who's been smart! I'm going home now.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by markygee

You can see his feet go the same distance below the water line, then take the weight of his entire body.

Haha, ya think?

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Haha, ya think?

ha ha yeah now I'm taking it too seriously. I'm not posting on here any more.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by sharplee

Originally posted by Sinter Klaas

To me it looks like they run on the water. I don't know the brand.It still looks cool an I've still not seen any proof that debunks it.

If you don't like it don't reply it.

To bad about your thread tho, I would have loved a few chocolate cooking tips.
If you don't like it don't reply it.

Edit.
I posted it just cause it looks cool.

[edit on 5/9/2010 by Sinter Klaas]

no. you cannot post a video as "real" and then silence your critics. it doesn't work like that.

this is a viral video for hi-tec. hi-tec logos all over the place; on hats, jackets, and especially the shoes. walking or running on water is not possible for humans.

Yes I can.

I can tell you in all honesty that the vid. does not look like its fake. I have never seen or heard of that brand before.

I thought it looked cool and amazing.

Anyway I do not try and silence the skeptics.
If you look at a few posts before, you will see I was only pointing to those who were ridiculing other posters with their comments.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Haha, ya think?

ha ha yeah now I'm taking it too seriously. I'm not posting on here any more.

Didn't mean anything by it. I posted too quick and was too vague, i guess.

[edit on 9-5-2010 by Risen]

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
There is no way I can run or walk on water . I have been around water all my life and have done everything to stand on it .

I have even ran and yet the water did look like I was running on top of it . But my feet was not on the water it was just in the air moving before I went in the water so fast. So I have no idea how they do that .

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by AndersonLee

I too, have been around water my entire life, and engage in all water sports and activities. The taking "a step" or two, I can see, because you are actually just air-borne from the initial speed of your running take-off.

But as they get into nine and ten "steps", it does become somewhat preposterous.

Whatever, they have created an interesting video.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Long time Lurker, just had to make an account, my faith in my fellow humans a little shaken with people actually thinking that this is real. I do believe in the power of the mind, one can do anything they put their mind to, but this video is very fake.

Notice the large beneath the surface disruptions that take place periodically. That seems to me there plexiglass or something under the water that was given a bit of buoyancy. This would give the "walkers" a little more surface area to displace the water and something to find purchase on till they took their next step. I think they were right, the shoes ARE the key, the fact that water runs off of them likely make the shoes not slip as easily on the plexiglass.

Don't believe everything you see, just because its a well made production.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Someone brought up Shaolin monks, of course they've been doing this times ten for hundreds of years. You seen the guy who can walk on rice paper? Couple that with speed, dexterity, small weight, full control of bodily functions, energy systems and the chinese martial arts gene and you've got yourself a chinese Jesus.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
LOL...theres a runway sunk it ends in the same place every time and thay all run the exact same line. then thay move it show them fallin in a few times. don`t ya think if it was as easy as this it would have been well known by now. i`m sure millions have tryed over human history.....oh wait thay did`nt have the magic shoes did thay, even tho feet are 100% water resistant and smoother than any shoes

cool vid tho i`m gonna see how many friends fall for it

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Aceofclubs

Okay, yeah, I've just watched the video for the one millionth time, and have decided there is a runway underneath the water. For the same reasons you give in your posts.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I just sent this off to Hi-Tec Sports:

--

Hello.

There seems to be a bit of controversy about whether your company was involved in the production of a video that claims that your products enable people to run on water. Here is the video:

www.youtube.com...

I have 2 simple questions:

1) Did your company have any involvement with the above-linked video?

2) Is the above-linked video a "viral marketing" strategy for Hi-Tec products?

Thank you in advance,
MK

---

I will let you all know if/when I get a response to the questions.

[edit on 9-5-2010 by MKULTRA]

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aceofclubs
LOL...theres a runway sunk it ends in the same place every time and thay all run the exact same line. then thay move it show them fallin in a few times. don`t ya think if it was as easy as this it would have been well known by now. i`m sure millions have tryed over human history.....oh wait thay did`nt have the magic shoes did thay, even tho feet are 100% water resistant and smoother than any shoes

cool vid tho i`m gonna see how many friends fall for it

You got it. It's a piece of runner mat, like the stuff you put down to protect carpet. Some friends and I did this when we were in high school.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   

no. you cannot post a video as "real" and then silence your critics. it doesn't work like that.

this is a viral video for hi-tec. hi-tec logos all over the place; on hats, jackets, and especially the shoes. walking or running on water is not possible for humans.

>Yes I can.

>I can tell you in all honesty that the vid. does not look like its fake. I have >never seen or heard of that brand before.

>I thought it looked cool and amazing.

>Anyway I do not try and silence the skeptics.
>If you look at a few posts before, you will see I was only pointing to those >who were ridiculing other posters with their comments.

i've been wearing hi-tec since 1987. en.wikipedia.org...

you've been had. it's a great viral ad campaign.

[edit on 9-5-2010 by sharplee]

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by sharplee

It seems I'm not the only one.

Really ? since 1987 ? Strange. Where do you live ?

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by SugarCube
Although a fluid, if water is impacted with sufficient velocity then the water effectively behaves like a solid surface.

so...shoes with a jack hammer mechanism of sorts? rapidly slaps the water - keeps you from sinking?

As the guy demonstrates during the video, this is part of the process of skimming stones and so it is a real enough phenonema.

ah...so a rapidly SPINNING jack hammer mechanism. groovy

the theory stands up in principle.

some one should definitely make these totally awesome shoes.

-B.M

[edit on 9/5/10 by B.Morrison]

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   

reply to post by sharplee

It seems I'm not the only one.

Really ? since 1987 ? Strange. Where do you live ?

what? are you calling me a liar? i live in the us. did you not look at the wiki hi-tec link i posted. they went global in 1982.

face it. you got fooled by viral ad. it's as simple as that.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join