It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Running on water ! For real !

page: 4
67
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
this is a fake. it's a viral ad for hi-tec shoes. i thought ats' motto was "deny ignorance". pretty crazy that so many are believing this. sad really. let's put on our thinking caps, please.




posted on May, 9 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by jericanman
the human body can achieve a lot

parkor is a nice example of that

some of the feats in the following vid seem unreal at times but perfectly possible.

www.youtube.com...

im sure everyone has run on water even if only a few cm on top of the pavement when its raining, im sure if practiced and trained you could stay on the water even if for only a few cm. and then you can always practice some more....


While parkour is amazing it has nothing to do with this ridiculous video to convince people they can run on water. Stop it now it's daft. You might as well post videos of shaolin monks balncing on their heads and try to use that as evidence of running on water.



posted on May, 9 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by jericanman
 


Very cool vid.


The first time I saw something like it was in a French movie where it looked totally fake.
It happened to be very real.




posted on May, 9 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting
reply to post by hyperion.martin
 


" It would be like debating whether a human can flap his wings and fly. "

Er...humans don't have wings.



well played



posted on May, 9 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
We used to run halfway down a swimming pool. Some wold get further than others and a couple could make it all the way to the wall before sinking. Granted it was no more than 20 feet, but the conditions were not optimal. Thanks for the video.



posted on May, 9 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
A little reminder.


I'd like to point out that I posted because it was cool, not for a bunch of .... to make fun of the people that actually appreciate to see it and think it over.

The comment on the oil like is the best example. Hilarious even.
As if anyone would listen if one of us actually comes up with a good idea.

Posting on a thread to ridicule its posters is by far the best way to waste your time.
Good for you.



posted on May, 9 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinter Klaas
A little reminder.


I'd like to point out that I posted because it was cool, not for a bunch of .... to make fun of the people that actually appreciate to see it and think it over.

The comment on the oil like is the best example. Hilarious even.
As if anyone would listen if one of us actually comes up with a good idea.

Posting on a thread to ridicule its posters is by far the best way to waste your time.
Good for you.


Apologies. I thought the title of the post "running on water for real" meant it was a post about somebody really running on water for real. In fact the post therefore has nothing to do with the title as you explain it. Like a thread i have started " tools for cooking with chocolate" is actually a post about alien anal probes and whose had them.



posted on May, 9 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by silentecho
It's obviously a viral marketing advert for the shoes they were using.



We have a winner.



posted on May, 9 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by eazyriderl_l
 


Okay, I'm going to confess here. I've done it, too. As a kid, in a swimming pool. We would only get to the three steps. My older brother got to four steps, and we all thought he was awesome. It's physically exhausting.

I noticed these guys get up to nine steps. I counted. Maybe one of them had ten. Which is amazing. I also noticed only one of them looks at his feet, the others look mostly straight ahead. They enter the water from different points, going in different directions at times, so there is no plexi-glass.

The "feel" is not one of walking on water. It's more like skimming. The feet are more like paddles. We were barefoot. (Maybe we needed some of those cool shoes, and wet suits?)

Anyway. Make fun. I don't care.



posted on May, 9 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
This thread is a complete joke. ATS is getting more and more retarded.
"deny ignorance?" don't make me laugh.



posted on May, 9 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting
reply to post by eazyriderl_l
 


Okay, I'm going to confess here. I've done it, too. As a kid, in a swimming pool. We would only get to the three steps. My older brother got to four steps, and we all thought he was awesome. It's physically exhausting.

I noticed these guys get up to nine steps. I counted. Maybe one of them had ten. Which is amazing. I also noticed only one of them looks at his feet, the others look mostly straight ahead. They enter the water from different points, going in different directions at times, so there is no plexi-glass.

The "feel" is not one of walking on water. It's more like skimming. The feet are more like paddles. We were barefoot. (Maybe we needed some of those cool shoes, and wet suits?)

Anyway. Make fun. I don't care.


I won't make fun... I confess myself now I have done it too, on lava, in the handstand position and I managed 30 skimming hand steps before my hair burnt but luckily I'd managed to make it accross the surface of the active volcano on the sea bed. Got a pic somewhere...



posted on May, 9 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by markygee
 


To me it looks like they run on the water. I don't know the brand.It still looks cool an I've still not seen any proof that debunks it.

If you don't like it don't reply it.

To bad about your thread tho, I would have loved a few chocolate cooking tips.
If you don't like it don't reply it.

Edit.
I posted it just cause it looks cool.

[edit on 5/9/2010 by Sinter Klaas]



posted on May, 9 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by markygee
 


OMG I've done that too! You're awesome! Sorry, about the burned hair. Bald now?



posted on May, 9 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinter Klaas
reply to post by markygee
 


To me it looks like they run on the water. I don't know the brand.It still looks cool an I've still not seen any proof that debunks it.

If you don't like it don't reply it.

To bad about your thread tho, I would have loved a few chocolate cooking tips.
If you don't like it don't reply it.

Edit.
I posted it just cause it looks cool.

[edit on 5/9/2010 by Sinter Klaas]


Just having a bit of fun I'm sorry. you must have expected it though especially with that title.
Anyhow I have debunked it. It's something under the water they are running on. Water won't prevent your finger from passing through it so how will it stop two big feet running through it.



posted on May, 9 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas
 


I can only laugh I guess at the criticism here

I'm not sure how anything else can be derived from your post than a bunch of guys who got an idea while at the lake and started goofily challenging themselves to something different and fun. It is not like the guys in the vid are claiming to eventually be able to run indefinitely on water. Let's just see who can get the furtherest, like skipping a stone. I used to do this as a child, running as far as I can before sinking and with just that effort I could get 3 or 4 steps. As far as the "faking it" criticism, talk about coming outta left field! Again, what are these guys in the vid claiming? They are not performing a magic trick, they are running with a goofey idea and having fun at it. I didn't see Chris Angel around anywhere. And why go to so much trouble to stage such a thing? Oh well, no shortage of opinion/perspective variation at ATS, and I'm glad really, but I can still Laugh......and I will still see how far I can run out onto the water next time at the lake




[edit on 9-5-2010 by speculativeoptimist]



posted on May, 9 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting
reply to post by markygee
 


OMG I've done that too! You're awesome! Sorry, about the burned hair. Bald now?


Thank you I know. No i'm not bald. I was but then I told my hair to grow because I believed it would and it did. In just a couple of minutes actually but then I ended up like rapunzel for a few days as I was still learning to control it and it was a new skill I had just invented.



posted on May, 9 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by markygee
 



You are truly an amazing human being. You should write a book about all you've done.

About those picts....I'm going to put those up right away.



posted on May, 9 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinter Klaas
reply to post by markygee
 


To me it looks like they run on the water. I don't know the brand.It still looks cool an I've still not seen any proof that debunks it.

If you don't like it don't reply it.

To bad about your thread tho, I would have loved a few chocolate cooking tips.
If you don't like it don't reply it.

Edit.
I posted it just cause it looks cool.

[edit on 5/9/2010 by Sinter Klaas]


no. you cannot post a video as "real" and then silence your critics. it doesn't work like that.

this is a viral video for hi-tec. hi-tec logos all over the place; on hats, jackets, and especially the shoes. walking or running on water is not possible for humans.



posted on May, 9 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by markygee
 


Don't feel sorry for having fun. Having fun is a good thing.


Just try not to hurt others while doing it.

You didn't hurt my feelings by the way. I'm actually amazed by the responses it gets.
Honestly I didn't expect it.


Edit.
I am aware of your argument but it still looks like they have found a way.

[edit on 5/9/2010 by Sinter Klaas]



posted on May, 9 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting
reply to post by markygee
 



You are truly an amazing human being. You should write a book about all you've done.

About those picts....I'm going to put those up right away.


Thank you I plan to but the best is yet to come, when it has then I will write about me and my munchausen complex...



new topics

top topics



 
67
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

log in

join