It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Running on water ! For real !

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Unium

That wiki page was updated : This page was last modified on 11 May 2010 at 06:44. I also find it suspicious because they don't even mention any of hi-tecs other products, actually they don't mention any specific shoe at all. It is a one line paragraph with no supporting details.

Anyone can put anything on wiki, right?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anyway...I have been in touch with "brainchild" Ulf Gartner and he has agreed to answer some questions. I'll wait a day and let people get the questions they want me to ask him then I will post our Q&A. I hope to have it in audio as well. Just post "I have a question for Ulf" and insert your question.

Skeptics...its been almost 11 pages of the childish insults and attempts to de-rail the thread, your questions will only be asked if they are genuine.

Let the questions/flaming commence!

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rigel Kent
37 Stars and 52 Flags?
That proves how gullible people on here are.
These guys are obviously running on sub surface objects
Anyone who actually believes this crap is a FOOL.

PEACE,
RK

So believing a video showing something kids have done all over the world for many years is being a fool. This on the very same site where seing a video of a planet in the night sky is proof of intelligent maneuvering and alien life?

No - I'll tell you what real gullibility is ...

Believing that Mythbusters do their homework and actually prove anything substantial.

MYTH BUSTED.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
"hurrr durrr a boat cant float, its heavier than water hurrr"

hey some of you guys never noticed the speed matter more than weight when its about goin ON water ?

damn illiterate

lrn2physics rules

inb4 not a hoax

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Myrddin Wyllt
***snip***
GET REAL PEOPLE THIS IS A MARKETING AD FOR HI-TEC TRAINERS!!!!!!!!!!!!
***snip***

You are right about that bit.

Peace to you too.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Um.. no, kids may not sink as quickly, but they are certainly not running on water. The forward momentum when someone runs will let you take a couple "steps" before the water resistance will slow you down enough that you sink like a rock.

It's simple science, and these guys are certainly not running on water. When you see people here actually agree that this is possible, it shakes any confidence that this place is a decent place to get ANY information. Wow.. running on water.. and people actually are defending it.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by HolgerTheDane

Originally posted by Myrddin Wyllt
***snip***
GET REAL PEOPLE THIS IS A MARKETING AD FOR HI-TEC TRAINERS!!!!!!!!!!!!
***snip***

You are right about that bit.

Peace to you too.

I'm right about all of it. When Nike made a tv ad years ago, where people were jumping off skyscrapers.... it wasn't real, just like this walking on water isn't real!

If you want to see someone doing something amazing ... and real, in trainers, watch this link

Nike presto angry chicken

www.visit4info.com...

This guy is awesome, and really real too!

peace

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by rival
Ooops, I forgot.

Proof of the fakery is at 0:48...exactly 0:48.

You can see the edge of the underwater platform splashing water.
It is hard to hit the exact frame, but the proof is there.

I think you are refering to this sequence (48-49s) where there is disturbance in the water thats just not right.

Looks busted to me. Good eye Rival.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by kyle43

I have a question for Ulf.
What were you doing when you "discovered" Liquid Mountaineering?
Was it accidental or were you actually TRYING to run on watter.

How did you guys come up with the "curve" approach?

Have you taught more people how to do this?

Whats your mile/kilometer time?

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Josephus23
You guys need to stop watching television and learn to think critically.

...by relying on youtube videos for your knowledge!

Gotchya !

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raider of Truth
BY ALL THAT IS UNHOLY!

That was brilliant! I so wanna try that!

Mind over Matter to a new level.

Once this is mastered...

time for flying!

Be careful, for in order to fly a man must be freefalling at 88 mph and then he risks going back in time where he would be faced with a dilemma - snog his mum at the fish under the sea dance, and thus never be born - or somehow get biff to leave lorraine alone so george and lorraine can snog instead!

Don't say you weren't warned!!

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
this aint nothin yall. when me an the buddies from our trailer park git all drunk from Busch beer, we skip bullits from our 45's across the lake for about 6 hole skips on the lake. thats harder to do than anything but yall can do it wit practice but this walkin my buddy Ken can probbabbly do when hes drunk from Busch and southern comfort. if we knew where to git a camera we wood show it but nun of us has one.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Here a gif of that few seconds that look funny. It does look like a black board lifts up and drops down and makes a splash.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by AOmonsta

yep..totally debunked right there..nice job my friend, you can actually see the board/object pop up right in front of him..hehehe..

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by AOmonsta
Here a gif of that few seconds that look funny. It does look like a black board lifts up and drops down and makes a splash.

***snip***

You are spot on with this observation - as are all the others who have noticed it.
Makes you wonder why this bit was left in, doesn't it. Had it been edited out, we'd have had more fun.

However,

Fact remains that kids have had lots of fun running onto pools and onto streams to see how far they could get.

Just because this video is fake in parts does not detract from the fact that running across the water is indeed possible.
Not for long, I agree, but if I run across a cycle path I still cross it and I'm still running.

The thicker the substance, the easier it gets, as our good friends at Mythbusters clearly showed.
What this actually means is that the effort to propel yourself upwards, to stay up instead of sinking, becomes greater.

Reminds me of a macho initiation that some kids at my school invented. We had a sewage plant close to the school, and the large basins which sorted out the solids by gravity solidification (best way to describe it), where developing a crust on the surface when the fluid were drained out and it was left to dry out before the waste was being transported to a land fill.

They would walk across on bare feet being very careful not to point toes or heel down. A flat foot and easy going would carry you across the 30' of basin. The really macho bit was to go across the surface lengthwise which was about double the length.

Kids now a days carry a knife to show how macho they are. Tsk. Tsk.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Wow, good job, sweet skills posting the stills and gif, I wish I could
do that.

To the OP...this is still a fun thread...and it was a great video. I hope the
idea-guy behind this gets payed...he deserves it

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
This website is officially filled with the most gullible people on the internet. And quite possibly the most ignorant.

You can't walk on water. This is a viral marketing video. End of story.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Good job debunking! Amazing some of the sharp skills and minds that just do more than just bench race to problem solve.

In My previous post around pg 8, I should have injected, "A few steps" when I said, "I thought it was possible".

I have a good thermo/hydrodynamics background and didn't think people are going to run across the lakes of Minnintonka!

Above ^

I really am not degree-ed in the above two fields though it sounded too good to resist!

[edit on 12-5-2010 by PRS395]

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Previously in this thread I mentioned and posted the content of an inquiry email that I had sent to Hi-Tec. I have just received a response from their Director of Marketing. Here is the unedited email response:

- - - -

Dear MK,

Thank you very much for your recent email inquiry. The “liquid mountaineering” video that you are referring to began with our distributor in Poland. Once we learned of this video, I of course contacted our company headquarters based in the UK. Our distributor has since let us know that they were contacted by these individuals looking for some product to wear test for some crazy stunt due to the ion-mask technology that we use. Our distributor provided some footwear and other gear to these guys.

Since this video has been released, we have been in effort to contact these individuals to discuss obvious further sponsorship and to learn more about them and their craft. I have not yet heard anything further from our marketing team in the UK. I assure you that we will publicize further details once we have them.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Best regards,

Brett Weitl
Director of Marketing
US Marketing Team

Hi-Tec Sports USA, Inc./Magnum USA
4801 Stoddard Rd.
Modesto, CA 95356
p: 209-545-1111
f: 209-545-2891

- - - -

[edit on 18-5-2010 by MKULTRA]

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by MKULTRA

So they didn't do it. That's weird. Those guys did it by their selves or he is lying.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

What reason is there to believe they faked this? I just don't see anything else behind it besides some guys that tried to run on water and did it. That email from Hi Tec is pretty interesting to me as well...

I've been in contact with Ulf and have now sent the questions out for Ulf to answer. Awaiting them now and I will update whenever I hear something back.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join