It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Running on water ! For real !

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Here is the interview with Ulf...

K: Who are you guys? Friends, students, researchers? How did this group come together to get this done?

U: We all come from a different background. Sebastian is into extreme sports. I am more of a technician. And Miguel, well, he is just mental. But we all share a passion for pushing our boundaries.

K: What were you doing when the idea came about?

U: We were really bored with other extreme sports. I mean, all has been done before. So we started looking for the next challenge in life. Nowadays people can fly with wingsuits. People try to land without parachutes. So why not do what people have tried to do for centuries: walk on water. We decided to chase after that epic goal and make a difference.

K: How many methods were tried before you decided the curve method would be standard?

U: I had a skimming stone epiphany early on so we wanted to imitate that motion. We were experimenting from the beginning with a foot-twist technique. It kills the speed though. When we saw a documentary on Discovery about the way planets circle around the sun and basically are being kept in motion by a constant swing, we thought about making use of the centrifugal force.

K: Could you explain the running technique as well, and how it changes from running normal?

U: There is a downward force needed and speed. We sort of lift off with every step. We call it the sewing-machine technique.

K: How were the Hi Tec shoes found on accident? Were you actively testing other products?

U: We used a lot of products. While testing in Poland, we run into a guy from Hi-Tec who told us about a new technology they use to make their shoes very Hydrophobic. These shoes repel water so well it gives us the edge needed to take that extra step.

K: How long did it take Hi Tec to get on board with this? I saw an email saying you guys got somewhat of a sponsorship with them.

U: The Hi-Tec guy was very helpful. He gave us some shoes and merchandise. We hope to work with Hi-Tec again to let technology and human spirit come together to make the impossible possible.

K: How long did it take to really start to see some success? When did the filming start?

U: Well, if you can do three steps, you know it works. The rest is practice, really. Via a friend we got approached for this film. It has been a good opportunity to go out in the open and inspire people with our story.

K: How much of a hobby is this for you, in other words, how actively are you trying to push this to new heights.

U: Everything we do in life is an expression of who we are. If we would see this as a hobby, we wouldn’t take life serious, would we?

K: Have you been able to teach this to other people?

U: There has been people out there following us. It is great to inspire other people. I do want to warn people. It is an extreme sport. You shouldn’t just go out there and do it. At the moment, we still feel like students ourselves. Mother Earth is our teacher.

K: You go into how you have to believe you can run on the water, and how important it is, can you go into that a little bit?

U; We do meditate before a run. It is with everything else in life. Unless you believe in yourself, you won’t achieve the goals you set out.

K: What do you do to prepare?

U: Lots of physical work out. You have to be fit. And as said, meditate. Besides, I drink a lot of bica’s (Portuguese espresso).

K: Do you have anything to say to the people who will not believe this is real?

U: All throughout history people have been skeptic about progress. Copernicus tried to convince people the earth was round. Not everyone believed Neil Armstrong stepped on the moon. We don’t feel the need to proof anything. What do you believe?

K: What is next for liquid mountaineering?

U: Every next step we take is a next step for us. I mean, if we make it close to a hundred steps or so we would be truly out there in the open. At the moment we still make baby steps but we are growing up fast. It is our nature to dream of fantastic possibilities. Imagine running on the open sea and conquering big waves next to those surfer boys. That would be really Liquid Mountaineering. If you believe, anything is possible.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   
sad thing is, this got reported on channel 10 news in australia...

inamongst the news about the red shirt protesters & such...

-B.M

P.S) in other words, WTF.

[edit on 19/5/10 by B.Morrison]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by silentecho
It's obviously a viral marketing advert for the shoes they were using.

This.

God this place is so freakin dumb sometimes.

Deny Ignorance?
Deny Stupidity more like.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by B.Morrison

No kidding ??!.
Really ? on the news ?

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

yup, its like one minute they were talking about running on water on a certain angle and blah blah then the anchors make some pathetic quip then onto the latest update from the red shirts, think it was the one with the journalist hiding with the civilians around the corner from a government/military sniper firing at them...

basically its things like this that cause me to worry about where the australian public at large is 'at' with 'all this' and whether we really stand a chance against becoming the next 'america' experiment (no offence), but executed so much more effectively now that they've learnt from the mistakes they made running america into the ground (tptb/media)...I was only a kid when the port arthur massacre happened, but learning about it now it boggles the mind how readily the australian public were willing to go along with the entirely media spun/driven illogical irrational story that a mentally handicapped guy executed all those people so quickly, when all of science and common sense stood against them...military experts from around the world stood against them, and they still blamed the handicapped guy & handed over there guns.

-B.M

[edit on 20/5/10 by B.Morrison]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I'm wondering what all the people that think this is fake think of the Hi-Tec email, the interview with Ulf, and being on the news means. Has any of the information that has actually been provided and not speculated changed any opinions?

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 03:09 AM
link   
It’s been busted.

Interviews and airtime are not going to unbust it.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by kyle43
I'm wondering what all the people that think this is fake think of the Hi-Tec email, the interview with Ulf, and being on the news means. Has any of the information that has actually been provided and not speculated changed any opinions?

Odd question. You have been here, when it was debunked and you still can take a look at the last pages.
How could it change anybody's opinion, that the hoaxer does not admit it and a tv show in Oz thinks, this story should be shown without questioning it?

Maybe Ulf's answer would be more interesting, if you had lead him to the debunking here...

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

OMG... a human Jesus Lizard. Cool.

Second Line... one two three.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Well, real or fake (and I'm betting on fake) the video certainly has good production values.
If it's a fake, it's a well-done fake.

[edit on 5/27/2010 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Lets see HI-TEC jacket,hat,t-shirt and shoes and some people still think they are running on water

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   
it's over. hi-tec admitted it was fake.

www.hi-tec.com...

"Simon Bonham continues, “After the initial buzz and well over 4 million views on YouTube to date, we thought it was finally time to come clean and unveil to the world that Hi-Tec were behind the viral. Whilst our shoes have some amazing liquid repellency features, even we still can’t walk on water… it was all a well intended hoax”."

there you go. concluded. it's a hoax.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by sharplee

Thank you very much.

I suggest a move to the hoax forum.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sinter Klaas
reply to post by sharplee

I suggest a move to the hoax forum.

I suggest not posting such unrealistic youtubes without even the slightest doubt.

The "for real!" in the title of this threat does look kinda realyrealyrealy ignorant now, doesn't it?

Investigation is the cure you are looking for. Jumping to conclusions is part of the decease.

Now how's that for a recipe?

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by D.Wolf

I'm sorry but I'm going to keep posting what I like. No offense.

You don't have to watch you know.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   

reply to post by D.Wolf

I'm sorry but I'm going to keep posting what I like. No offense.

You don't have to watch you know.

keep on posting whatever you want. i'm behind you on that. if every post had to vetted by a committee, this site would lose out.

free speech is what it's all about.

s

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Hehe where are all the people that still think its fake

(Even sharplee has to resort to creating a FAKE doc to enforce his opinion - lol what a joke)

Dam - no one flamed me.

[edit on 29-6-2010 by qwiksilva]

[edit on 29-6-2010 by qwiksilva]

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by qwiksilva

I'm sorry I didn't create a fake doc.

If I did, please enlighten me ?

[edit on 6/29/2010 by Sinter Klaas]

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link