It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arizon Gov hits back against Obama border remark on YouTube! Gotta see!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Personally, I think there is a bigger plan on the folks coming across our borders. Maybe not intentional on their part but ,none the less, they are being a active participant in the big plan. Which is:\

To re-populate the Southern states that Mexico owned, controlled an/or influnenced before the US made Texas, Ariaona , Cal states. They got time on their side, not to mention-weak poilitical administartions (Fed) that they can eventually out-number the Americans.

Now with ammenist being dangled in front of their noses, it will be even easier for them to take back those lands-by VOTING, because we then let them in and called then legal-then they voted our butts out!

As a whole, their interest is not to become an American citizen by assimulaton but to make American territories Mexican. Once they get the vote ability, we have lost the America we know/knew.

End of story.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Atomic Honey

whoever denied it supplied it

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian

Originally posted by anon72
The borders must be controlled.

Corporations and many businesses have gained millions more over the years from hiring illegals and they will continue to do so provided it continues to benefit them.

Actually, deporting illegals will prevent them from going to work. So your concern is not warranted. Had the Arizona Law stipulated: "...except those with employment..." you would have a point. But it doesn't.

Further, hiring illegals, according to Federal Law is a felony. So I should think employing illegals is already covered by the Federal Government and there is a Democrat in the White House. So, how exactly, do you make the jump that it's the Republicans not taking care of this mess?

In a years time people will come back and still complain about illegal immigration, and then what? What comes after this Arizona law?

Obviously if Arizona stands alone, all that will happen is that the mess will get pushed to other states.

Why on Earth do you think they are asking for assistance from the Federal Government in securing the borders?.

Nobody is asking for ground-breaking new policies to come out of the White House. Nobody is asking for a year-long bipartisan debate on how to handle this.

All Arizona is asking for is that the Federal Government actually ENFORCE the laws already in existence.

[edit on 10-5-2010 by lpowell0627]

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by antonia

Originally posted by WTFover
reply to post by antonia

Sure, from the minimal information, it appears race was a factor in the murder. However, there was absolutely no evidence supporting the speaker's assertion it was related to the Arizona anti-illegal immigration law.

Maybe because all the neighbors stated that is what they had been fighting over for days. Did you miss that part?

since when is hearsay evidence?

if they had been arguing about that topic for days then i would think they both have shown restraint towards that topic, perhaps he said something about his momma. you can call me whitey all day and i wont get angry, but say something about my family and ill likely kill you.

perhaps this was a similar situation, where they were arguing a certain topic that led one or both to touch on a more sensitive topic....i.e. family...religion...whatever....its not ALWAYS race.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   

"No one in Arizona is laughing. Do your job and secure the border."

Maybe that's because the rest of the country is laughing at Arizona for passing one of the laziest most regressive laws in recent history?

Funny how everyone wants government out of their lives, except in those cases where they, themselves, are too lazy to do something.

Don't give me healthcare

But secure MY border

Don't tell me to properly inflate my tires for better fuel economy

But secure MY border

Laughable....hysterically so.

[edit on 10-5-2010 by Snarf]

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Snarf

Maybe that's because the rest of the country is laughing at Arizona for passing one of the laziest most regressive laws in recent history?

Funny how everyone wants government out of their lives, except in those cases where they, themselves, are too lazy to do something.

Again, Arizona and other states feel like they have to pass laws like these because the Fed has dropped the ball when it comes to enforcing a law on illegal immigrants that already exists.

And you've taken this "government intervention" thing out of context in this case - isn't one of the functions of a federal government to provide for a national defense? And don't you think it's safe to say that the war on drugs is now encroaching upon U.S. soil, that the violent Mexican gangs are now causing violence and panic in U.S. states that border Mexico? Should our government sit by as the violence and unrest continues to spread further north?

Since you like to scoff the loudest, let's as this question - what's your idea for fixing this?

[edit on 10-5-2010 by sos37]

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

Originally posted by staver

It should be illegal to hire illegals, and if it is, it should be enforced. It should also be illegal for corporations to send jobs overseas so they can save millions. But then that wouldn't be conservative government, and the politicians in the pockets of said corporations couldn't afford those three vacation homes spread across the country, and the corporater bigwigs couldn't have those million dollar bonuses, while three blocks away people he could be employing are losing their homes.

[edit on 9-5-2010 by staver]

I'm sorry - are you calling the Obama Regime conservative? Wake up, Rumpelstiltskin, take a long hard look around. You'll notice a few changes in the power structure since you went to sleep.

Kinda confusing, since it's still business as usual, isn't it?

Maybe you guys will wake up in time for the NEXT elections, so you can spew the same partisan rhetoric without missing a beat.

I never said it was conservative, nor hinted at it. I said that government poking it's nose into business practices isn't conservative, therefore, most conservatives are "agin" it.

Why does everyone think they're a comedian?

[edit on 10-5-2010 by staver]

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

SG, I have been saying this along to folks who will listen. Personally I don't blame the hard working Mexican who needs to support his family, and I honestly believe most of the illegals are that type of person. Sure there are many criminals here, but most of them just want to earn a day's pay.

Back on point... I firmly believe the government is going after the wrong folks. They need to go after those employing the illegals. Hit 'em and hit 'em hard when caught hiring illegals. First offense prison and a heavy fine. Second offense, confiscate their company and personal assets plus more time in jail. If the jobs dry up they'll stay home.

Can't really blame a person for trying to improve their lot in life. This is the fault of our government going back many administrations...plain and simple. I just do not understand the reluctance of our government to protect our border from terrorists...that's what it will boil down to at some point in the future; God forbid.

I also believe this country should make it easier for a person to come here LEGALLY! The way our government is not enforcing the laws right now is a complete slap in the face to those who have followed the laws and have come here legally. They are the ones who should be protesting right now.....they have earned the right!

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Let me help with the logic flow:

Originally posted by staver
It should be illegal to hire illegals,

It IS, yet nothing is being done. Under THIS administration.

and if it is, it should be enforced.

It's NOT being enforced. Under THIS administration.

It should also be illegal for corporations to send jobs overseas so they can save millions.

Yet they still are, under THIS administration.

But then that wouldn't be conservative government,

We're talking current events here, meaning the current administration. Not sure how 'conservative' figures into that, unless it's just a gratuitous partisan dig.

and the politicians in the pockets of said corporations couldn't afford those three vacation homes spread across the country, and the corporater bigwigs couldn't have those million dollar bonuses, while three blocks away people he could be employing are losing their homes.

Again, current events, current administration, current politicians. You even use the present tense in your comments.

Sure looks to me like you're insinuating the Obama Regime is conservative.

I can see how that's confusing, though. It DOES look like business as usual, meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

To be honest, I can't see anything to indicate ANY of the US regimes over the last 20 years or so could conceivably be labelled 'conservative'.

So what has conservatism got to do with any of this?

[edit on 2010/5/10 by nenothtu]

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by maraboo

Sorry if someone has replied to this but this is exactly what is going to happen and this is what is going to "happen after AZ" as someone asked previously.

Think of it this way... A ripple is started in AZ the ripple then expands to New Mexico, Colorado, Oklahoma, Utah, Nevada, California. The ripple from those states carry into Louisiana, Arkansas, Missouri, Kansas, Nebraska, Wyoming, Idaho, Oregon. The ripple from those states carry on to.... you get the picture. Well the sudden influx of illegals on a state's economy would be overwhelming and would burden almost all states in this economic climate. That is why I believe most states will pass a similiar bill such as AZ's. I also want to make a prediction that one of the states that will pass a bill like this is CA not because they would want to (introducing a bill like this with a state with has such a huge latino population and a democratic state, would be such a huge loss for any politician because of the loss of such a large group of voters) but because of the fact they have such a economic mess, they will have no other choice.

I think most states will not be ready for such a big migration of illegals and they will either run out of sanctuary states or a whole state will be made up of illegals.

Just my 2 cents

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snarf

Don't give me healthcare

But secure MY border

Don't tell me to properly inflate my tires for better fuel economy

But secure MY border

Don't keep up with much, eh? The Arizona law is neither regressive nor lazy. It simply RESTATES FEDERAL LAWS THAT ALREADY EXIST and allows them to utilize state assets to enforce it.

If you knew ANYTHING about the Constitution, you would know that the government has SPECIFICALLY ENUMERATED powers and responsibilities. Providing healthcare is NOT one of them, however, securing the borders IS! What Americans want is the government to function within the scope of power that our founding documents grant it - nothing more, nothing less.

What is hysterically laughable is your inability to wrap your head around such a simple concept.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by staver

I don't know what your trying to imply but I was not nor am I a Bush fan. I guess what you could say is that I am a realist and conservative. I believe in the fact that people have rights, I also believe that there are laws for a reason. I believe in being since able about solving problems with people who break the law, I think law enforcement should have a right to ask you basic questions in order to do there job. I never have an issue with police who focus on what they are looking for, as long as when they realize I am not what they are looking for, they end it and move on. If it goes further then there is a problem. Like in this issue, they should ask for the ID if you have it, Have a great day! If not though, Then you have a problem and you deserve it.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia
Maybe because all the neighbors stated that is what they had been fighting over for days. Did you miss that part?

Is not synonymous with...

Neighbors told ABC15 they fear the shooting may have been the result of the debate over Arizona's new illegal immigration bill.

The word "debate", in the article, is not referring to a debate between these two men. It is, simply, about the nationwide debate, over the law.

Nowhere does the article or the video say the two men were arguing over the bill. The article does, however, explain that the murderer "was intoxicated" and that they "have gotten into altercations during the past several years".

It is sad this man's life was taken from him and his family. But, it does not help matters for people to attempt to exploit the situation, with no basis in fact. As I said before, there is no evidence to support Mr. Wanna-Be's claim.

[edit on 10-5-2010 by WTFover]

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian
And what action is that again? Giving police officers the power to be judge and jury on the spot without any need for solid evidence?

SG, you really need to read the law. First of all, an Officer still can't just snatch a person up off of the street and throw them in jail, without probable cause. The law states, before taking action sanctioned by the law, the Officer must have a lawful purpose for contacting the person. And, being Mexican is not probable cause.

Second, there are, already, statutes in place prohibiting racial profiling.

It was already illegal for illegals to be here! That's why they are illegals! It was already illegal for businesses to hire these people and infact there have been numerous laws passed over the years to make it illegal to hire or hide illegals.

Again, exactly right. However, State and local Officers do not have jurisdiction in enforcing Federal law. Hence, Arizona's law mirroring the Federal statutes, but making it a State law, enforceable by State and local Officers.

From personal experience, in Texas, Officers could arrest a person for a State crime, then if the person was suspected of being an illegal immigrant, contact the INS (now Homeland Security, or ICE) who would resume the investigation into the immigration status of the person. The INS agent would then determine if they wanted to place a hold and transfer the person to Federal custody.

Aside from the fact this bill gives police officers the powers of judge and jury with no need for evidence

I've already addressed this, but I would be glad to take a look at the portion of the actual law, which you believe endorses this kind of behavior, if you would point it out to me.

At the end of the day if politicians do not address the issue of how these illegals gain work in the first place, if they not enforce the laws, the issue will not go away

True. That's why Arizona's law includes provisions to do just that.

What kind of law allows police officers to harass you day in and day out merely by walking to the grocery store? What good law allows for so much abuse?

What kind of law, indeed. Because it sure as hell isn't this one.

[edit on 10-5-2010 by WTFover]

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu
To be honest, I can't see anything to indicate ANY of the US regimes over the last 20 years or so could conceivably be labelled 'conservative'.

Absolutely!. It has been both parties who have ignored the border security problem and illegal immigration problem. It was extremely blatant under Bush, when both parties had control of Congress for an equal amount of time. Oh, the rhetoric was bantered about, but as usual, nothing was done. I'll repeat that last part for Southern Guardian's benefit... Bush was one of the biggest culprits in ignoring the will of the people, when it came to illegal immigration.

I firmly believe McCain's support of amnesty had a huge impact on his failed Presidential bid. But, now he wants to come back and feign support for Arizona's action. Nope. Not buying it McCain and I don't think Arizonians will either.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Immigration is nothing more than a distraction for the unwashed masses.

You know and I know that until American corporations stop exploiting cheap immigrant labor, that this "problem" will never go away.

I say, evict all of the white people in Arizona since they weren't here first and they stole the red man's land.

<< 1  2  3   >>

join