It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arizon Gov hits back against Obama border remark on YouTube! Gotta see!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+21 more 
posted on May, 9 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Gov. Jan Brewer took a swipe at President Barack Obama on Friday

releasing a YouTube video that criticizes the commander in chief for making light of the Arizona's border struggles. The piece, which was released by Brewer's election campaign, flashes statistics about border-related crime, then cuts to video of Obama's remarks at the recent White House Correspondents' Dinner.

In the snippet, Obama is at the podium and says, "We all know what happens in Arizona when you don't have ID. Adios, amigos,". His remarks, which were in reference to SB 1070 — the state's tough new immigration law — and Republican Sen. John McCain's assertion that he has not been identified as a maverick, drew laughter from the crowd.
The Brewer campaign video then fades to a stark black screen that says:"No one in Arizona is laughing. Do your job and secure the border."

Brewer, who signed the legislation into law on April 23, has repeatedly said in public appearances and on the stump that the Obama administration and Congress have ignored multiple requests for border security assistance.

Video link: Watch the video at www.youtube.com...
Source: www.azcentral.com...

About time someone who knows the real deal starts calling the Federal Gov't out on this topic. The borders must be controlled.

All the power to her and the people of Arizona. May you be an example for the rest of the country (which is already happening)

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by anon72
The borders must be controlled.

All the power to her and the people of Arizona.

Oh yes, all power to the political opportunists who made this law. Because they conveniently decided to get a bill through to pander to a certain segment of voters just in time for the 2010 elections! Right? The thing that bothers me about this bill is not just over the fact it gives law enforcement more power to harass people on a daily basis, with no solid evidence, that it leaves open for cultural scapegoats. It is not just the fact that this laws complete lack of effectiveness on the issue is a complete joke. What bothers me more is how completely distracted and clueless the supporters are to the core issue, and how they allow themselves to be so.

Corporations and many businesses have gained millions more over the years from hiring illegals and they will continue to do so provided it continues to benefit them. And while it benefits them, it benefits those in Washington and so long as these businesses continue to bring in illegals, they will continue to come in with little to no influence on how guarded the borders are. I mean sure, its so damn easy to distract folks towards the border, to point to the illegals themselves and how they stereotypically supposedly stand out, but do they point out to why these illegals come here? Do they point out to who hires them? We have folks go on and on about illegals and then turn around and constantly defend the lack of accountability from businesses, from corporations. People feel the need to blame the president and the Federal government as if they themselves continue to hire these illegals? How many of these illegals are being employed by state jobs? I have no doubt there are some, but how many?

Do you think Brewer and her fellow Republican buddies will propose and enforce strong laws in regulating corporations and businesses over who they hire? Why is it that these politicians have not considered to further enforced laws and require more accountability over who hires these illegals? Where is the Federal probe over how these illegals continue to get work in this country?? It seems to me that the problem does not lie merely over the border. The border is just a physical scapegoat, the Democrats are a political scapegoat. While both Republicans and Democrats benefit from the illegals indirectly through Corporations, we have people getting all worked up about the borders and about specifically the Democrats (while keeping shut during the Bush administration when they focused on Iraq).

Do you think that by focusing on the borders only, it will change a damn thing? Do you think blaming certain political individuals will get you to the core of the crises? Thats obviously the kind of distraction they want. That is what the corporations want. Thats what those who benefit from the illegal immigration crises want. While the tea party protesters, the conservatives and even some conservadems talk their heads off about the border, about the Liberal federal government, the the corporations continue to hire and benefit from illegals, and these very people continue to cover their asses through arguing trickle down tax systems and market deregulation.

In a years time people will come back and still complain about illegal immigration, and then what? What comes after this Arizona law?

+4 more 
posted on May, 9 2010 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Someone needs to smack the smug right off of that teleprompter-reading buffoon's face. It's painfully obvious that the plan is to make the US into a third world country. They almost got away with it, but not anymore!!!

+7 more 
posted on May, 9 2010 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by anon72

"No one in Arizona is laughing. Do your job and secure the border."

Couldn't have said it better myself.

S&F for making me smile.

[edit on 9-5-2010 by Mr Mask]

+9 more 
posted on May, 9 2010 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian

It is not just the fact that this laws complete lack of effectiveness on the issue is a complete joke.

the only joke here is the fact that the federal government is completely ignoring their duty/job.

lets get one thing straight, that is the ONLY reason this bill was introduced, voted on, and passed.

and out of that novel of a post, you failed to mention that even once.

[edit on 9-5-2010 by LurkerMan]

+6 more 
posted on May, 9 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by LurkerMan

and out of that novel of a post, you failed to mention that even once.

I agree, it was an absolutely moronic post by Southern guardian.

In a years time people will come back and still complain about illegal immigration, and then what? What comes after this Arizona law?

err how about the government actually begins to defend its borders like every other damn country in the world.

+4 more 
posted on May, 9 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Sorry SG, you missed the boat on this one. The only reason this law exists is because the federal government has failed in its responsibility to the American people - to secure the border.

There are a myriad of laws on the books regarding immigration and such, including penalties for hiring illegal aliens. The problem - THEY ARE NOT ENFORCED!!!

If the federal government would DO ITS JOB, this law would have been unneccessary. By the way, this new law, simply restates what the federal law already states, but authorizes STATE assets to enforce the federal law instead of waiting for the do-nothing feds to get off their collective behinds and do it.

+1 more 
posted on May, 9 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   

simply restates what the federal law already states, but authorizes STATE assets to enforce the federal law

this is very important.

citizens of arizona have to pay the state AND the feds to secure their border.

none of you have to. so unless you are a legal citizen of arizona and you voted no to the bill, please shut the hell up, you have no right to complain.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   
The funny thing is that Obama has recognized that the Federal government has failed to act leading to "irresponsible" measures taken by the states, such as Arizona. Of course, Obama never says the Federal government is going to do anything significant themselves.

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 9-5-2010 by Portugoal]

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   

the douchebag AG is thinking about sueing over the law, all 50 states should sue them!!

[edit on 9-5-2010 by TheCoffinman]

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian

SG, I understand your point. I agree with it. I want to say this was an excellent post and you brought up some great points. People are just going to spit on you for it, but I want you to know I thought you stated your mind in a very intelligent manner.

As for your last point, this is very true. This problem didn't start when Obama got in office, it's been a problem for at least a decade. Both Bush Jr. and Sr. allowed, Clinton allowed it, heck it was Regan who gave an amnesty. And why is this allowed? Because we all benefit in some way from the cheap labor provided by these people. They won't admit it, but it's true. Go to Wal-Mart, I'll tell you why the prices are so low-cheap labor from China and Illegals. What's gonna happen when these guys finally get their way and prices skyrocket? They are gonna get mad again.

This is not going to be fixed by every state passing Arizona's law.

[edit on 9-5-2010 by antonia]

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Hats off to Arizona, again! I have spoken to my wife and family. We move in two months. Got a job in Mesa, AZ contracting for Boeing! So excited!

I just hope I can get my arsenal down without any trouble!

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
A few points:

1) This law will do next to nothing but create a need for temporary prisons and clog the courts, although I'm sure interpreters will make out like bandits

2) I don't believe States can deport, but I'd be interested to find out. If they can not, then this will probably have an adverse effect from Federal Immigration Authorities, who obviously hate the bill.

3) Amnesty without fundamental change in policy and stance is foolish, but it will come to pass. Of course "strict" measures will be enacted to accompany this to assuage conservatives away from revolt, but they will be under or not funded like the wall and it will pass out of public consciousness (maybe).

4) We need to get knee deep in Mexico to help get them to a better place. Otherwise we will continue to have this problem.

5) We need to defund the criminals by ending the War on Drugs.

6) We need to allow more immigrants in and ease the process rather than make it harder or more complicated than it already is. Ellis Island let in millions with little more than a cursory medical exam and 29 questions. I'd imagine not much more is needed these days.

7) It's hard to make Obama any more of a joke than he already is. The sad part, however, is people thinking Republicans are that different.

Have we forgotten Bush so quickly? Really?

Sheesh.

Peace
KJ

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

Either you require and enforce that employers require documentation before hiring for their # jobs or you form a line of defense on your border and imprison the country in walls. Either way will meet massive resistance. No matter how you argue it you are building up the steam needed for a National REAL ID card for all. Not that illegals would carry it. They'll say that rather than profile we need a blanket (police state) track and monitor (spy and ) surveillance system all in one convenient location a digital card and/ or chip. Head and hand self fullfilling prophesies (like employing riot police to squash a riot which their very presence inspires). The law forbids profiling so people argue that human nature will use it's restrictions as a door to do just that which they restrict. So I guess when God says though shall (common usage option or legal usage requirement?) not kill, they're argument is that people will kill so the law is wrong to have. Let them ID people. That IS how you find people without papers. Going after those who hire illegals is more complicated and involved and there aren't the resources. Checking papers and walling the border (with detection systems for tunnelers) is much more practical. And cheaper. But why ask the Feds to do it. # them! Do it ourselves. The government should be there to administrate the paperwork of the States, it shouldn't be a state or business unto itself. Saying it is for the Feds to protect the common defence when they have monetary interests in the fight is ridiculous and bordersd on insane.

[edit on 9-5-2010 by PhyberDragon]

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
The president would change his cavaier attitude on border security if the irst kids had to go (without protection) to a public school with 40% ESL students.

Why doesn't he take down the fence surrounding the white house? It wasn't always there and it does belong to the people. There are photos of the public having picnics on the white house lawn.

I hate it when people who are at a protected distance from the problem* areas claim that there 'is' no problem* and that the people living among the problem are being intolerant.

*Generic but could be corruption, drugs, crime, illegal aliens etc.- denial of an issue and accusing the person who dares bring it up of being intolerant is a common political tactic.

[edit on 9-5-2010 by ..5..]

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by warpcrafter
Someone needs to smack the smug right off of that teleprompter-reading buffoon's face. It's painfully obvious that the plan is to make the US into a third world country. They almost got away with it, but not anymore!!!

I agree with you on that 100% it makes me sick to watch this guy. I would love a chance to kick his @&&.

The thing that I don't understand is why don't we repeal the law that makes profiling illegal. Think about it, the ONLY thing that it protects is the actual people committing the crime. Profiling is an effective means to doing the job. If you are trying to stop a certain problem like Mexicans crossing the border illegally would it not make since to check Mexicans for papers? If I were a person who was Mexican, and was here legally with papers, I would honestly understand. Another case is police sitting down the street from a bar, and pulls people over to see if they are drunk as they leave the bar. If you have a problem with people driving drunk wouldn't it make since? Profiling is not a bad thing it is effective, and good police work! It targets the problem and is almost 95% right on the money with being accurate. If you have nothing to hide then why worry!

[edit on 5/9/10 by xyankee]

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
KJ wrote: "2) I don't believe States can deport, but I'd be interested to find out. If they can not, then this will probably have an adverse effect from Federal Immigration Authorities, who obviously hate the bill."
Az won't have to deport all of their illegals. It's called self deportation, and it's already happening - even before the law goes into effect. The illegals read the writing on the wall and will simply move to a sanctuary state that doesn't have the stones to confront the problem.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by KrazyJethro

I don't think you understand why we have an influx of illegal immigrants. The fact that our immigration system for the latter part of a century has been based on a discriminatory policy of limiting the number of immigrants that can come in from "undesirable" countries. It started with the Chinese, then the Southern european, the Eastern european, the Japanese and eventually the Latin Americans. Of course if you're a working professional this country welcomes you with open arms regardless of ethnic and social background...but if you're an unskilled worker you can forget about it. That point alone should make anyone sick mainly because all of our immigrant ancestors came here when the immigration laws were extremely lax by current standards hence it was easier to come here legally. It's quite ironic how those who claim to be descendants of hard working immigrants can see the current situation of all of the illegal immigrant workers with such apathy...perhaps you've forgotten what Lady Liberty stands for? A reminder:

The New Colossus

Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame,

With conquering limbs astride from land to land;

Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand

A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame

Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name

Mother of Exiles. From her beacon-hand

Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command

The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame.

"Keep ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she

With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor,

Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,

The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.

Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,

I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   

You know for all the complaining about Arizona taking the law into it's own hands nobody says crap about the sanctuary city bs prohibiting the feds from enforcing the laws. Why such selective outrage over people who are breaking the law. The reasons make no sense. Times are tough the world over. Mexicans don't have a monopoly on problems. Paving the road with good intentions.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by hangedman13

You know for all the complaining about Arizona taking the law into it's own hands nobody says crap about the sanctuary city bs prohibiting the feds from enforcing the laws. Why such selective outrage over people who are breaking the law. The reasons make no sense. Times are tough the world over. Mexicans don't have a monopoly on problems. Paving the road with good intentions.

Sanctuary cities are not prohibiting feds from enforcing the laws. They are just not using local resources to do the jobs that the feds should be doing.

Alright there are vested interests, no doubt, but they are not obstructing the feds.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join