It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arizon Gov hits back against Obama border remark on YouTube! Gotta see!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

Originally posted by Southern Guardian
Oh yes, all power to the political opportunists who made this law. Because they conveniently decided to get a bill through to pander to a certain segment of voters just in time for the 2010 elections! Right? The thing that bothers me about this bill is not just over the fact it gives law enforcement more power to harass people on a daily basis, with no solid evidence, that it leaves open for cultural scapegoats.

"Certain segments of voters"?
Why don't you just name the group, and admit who you're biased against?

Or do you hope that your baseless implications will win the day?

This bill doesn't give police any new powers to approach people. The police still need probable cause, to confront someone. The person in question needs to be doing something illegal already, or behaving in a way that generates probable cause.

They can't just walk up to any Mexican and ask for proof of citizenship, at will. That is a Liberal myth, invented to slander this law.

It is not just the fact that this laws complete lack of effectiveness on the issue is a complete joke.

This law hasn't been around long enough to determine ANY effectiveness, GOOD or BAD. But if you have a study that somehow proves different, feel free to provide that PROOF, instead of your own biased determinations.

What bothers me more is how completely distracted and clueless the supporters are to the core issue, and how they allow themselves to be so.

After your own "clueless" assertion that the police get to "harass people with no solid evidence", maybe you should hold off on calling others by such names.

It's painfully obvious that you are "clueless" as to the "core issues" yourself.

[edit on 9-5-2010 by Byteman]

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by hangedman13

Well said.

I think we are about to be tossed into Civil War over this mess. We Americans have to decide now how determined we are to win back the USA and make it the way WE want it. Not them.

The more determined side will win. Right now, that side is them (IMO)

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by anon72
The borders must be controlled.

All the power to her and the people of Arizona.

Oh yes, all power to the political opportunists who made this law. Because they conveniently decided to get a bill through to pander to a certain segment of voters just in time for the 2010 elections! Right? The thing that bothers me about this bill is not just over the fact it gives law enforcement more power to harass people on a daily basis, with no solid evidence, that it leaves open for cultural scapegoats. It is not just the fact that this laws complete lack of effectiveness on the issue is a complete joke. What bothers me more is how completely distracted and clueless the supporters are to the core issue, and how they allow themselves to be so.

Corporations and many businesses have gained millions more over the years from hiring illegals and they will continue to do so provided it continues to benefit them. And while it benefits them, it benefits those in Washington and so long as these businesses continue to bring in illegals, they will continue to come in with little to no influence on how guarded the borders are. I mean sure, its so damn easy to distract folks towards the border, to point to the illegals themselves and how they stereotypically supposedly stand out, but do they point out to why these illegals come here? Do they point out to who hires them? We have folks go on and on about illegals and then turn around and constantly defend the lack of accountability from businesses, from corporations. People feel the need to blame the president and the Federal government as if they themselves continue to hire these illegals? How many of these illegals are being employed by state jobs? I have no doubt there are some, but how many?

Do you think Brewer and her fellow Republican buddies will propose and enforce strong laws in regulating corporations and businesses over who they hire? Why is it that these politicians have not considered to further enforced laws and require more accountability over who hires these illegals? Where is the Federal probe over how these illegals continue to get work in this country?? It seems to me that the problem does not lie merely over the border. The border is just a physical scapegoat, the Democrats are a political scapegoat. While both Republicans and Democrats benefit from the illegals indirectly through Corporations, we have people getting all worked up about the borders and about specifically the Democrats (while keeping shut during the Bush administration when they focused on Iraq).

Do you think that by focusing on the borders only, it will change a damn thing? Do you think blaming certain political individuals will get you to the core of the crises? Thats obviously the kind of distraction they want. That is what the corporations want. Thats what those who benefit from the illegal immigration crises want. While the tea party protesters, the conservatives and even some conservadems talk their heads off about the border, about the Liberal federal government, the the corporations continue to hire and benefit from illegals, and these very people continue to cover their asses through arguing trickle down tax systems and market deregulation.

In a years time people will come back and still complain about illegal immigration, and then what? What comes after this Arizona law?

You obviously are one of the amazingly intelligent people who run their mouth about this without even reading the law. Do you live here? If so, you should know whats going on. This law doesn't change much of anything. What is the first thing you're asked for when you get pulled over? ID! If you don't have a valid one, then you're in trouble. This law specifically prohibits profiling! A crime must be committed in the first place, then proper ID is asked for. It's ALWAYS been that way.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Wow, Obama is a total A$$ Hole

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

Typical, emotional post based in fantasy. SG, you should really read the bill, before spouting off. Your post claims you oppose the law, because of something you believe it lacks. However, the truth is...

Sec. 6. Section 23-212, Arizona Revised Statutes, is amended to read: 23-212. Knowingly employing unauthorized aliens; prohibition; false and frivolous complaints; violation; classification; license suspension and revocation; affirmative defense

A. An employer shall not knowingly employ an unauthorized alien. If, in the case when an employer uses a contract, subcontract or other independent contractor agreement to obtain the labor of an alien in this state, the employer knowingly contracts with an unauthorized alien or with a person who employs or contracts with an unauthorized alien to perform the labor, the employer violates this subsection.

F. On a finding of a violation of subsection A of this section:
1. For a first violation, as described in paragraph 3 of this subsection, the court: (a) Shall order the employer to terminate the employment of all
unauthorized aliens. (b) Shall order the employer to be subject to a three year probationary period for the business location where the unauthorized alien performed work. During the probationary period the employer shall file quarterly reports in the form provided in section 23-722.01 with the county attorney of each new employee who is hired by the employer at the business location where the unauthorized alien performed work.

Sec. 8. Section 23-214, Arizona Revised Statutes, is amended to read:
23-214. Verification of employment eligibility; e-verify program; economic development incentives; list of registered employers
A. After December 31, 2007, every employer, after hiring an employee, shall verify the employment eligibility of the employee through the e-verify program AND SHALL KEEP A RECORD OF THE VERIFICATION FOR THE DURATION OF THE EMPLOYEE'S EMPLOYMENT OR AT LEAST THREE YEARS, WHICHEVER IS LONGER.

There is more. Need I continue? Or, since I've alleviated your fears, are you on board with Arizona, now?

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Arizona has got it tough with the illegals. I really think washington has a plan to let it get worse. Obama makes fun of Arizona? I cant believe it. I really do see hard times ahead of us.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I support you Arizona!! Do not let thugs (Federal Government) force you to repeal the Law. They cannot run the country without screwing something up, do not let them tell you how to run your state.

link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

link   
Arizona should just build a wall. Then they should establish a State Defense Force if they haven't already, and use that force to protect the wall.

Then they need to make a specific state law that makes it a crime to be in Arizona if you are in the U.S. illegally. Then they should start acting on tips to track down illegals who are violating that state law, instead of waiting to stumble across them.

Instead of turning them over to the Fed, they could then deal with the illegal problem themselves by giving the illegals two choices: Go home, or go to jail. After release from jail, they have 3 days to go home or they're guilty of a second offense of being in Arizona while being in the U.S. illegally.

Arizona has not gotten tough on illegals yet. Getting tough on illegals means getting rid of them.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Edit: Nevermind.

[edit on 9-5-2010 by mattifikation]

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I do not believe that this law is just pandering to the voters. According to all of the polls I have seen 70% of the citizens of the state of Arizona want this, and a majority of the citizens are hispanic.
What I believe that is happening is that this is forcing the federal government into acting and doing something. Every time the question of illeagle immigration comes up, normally during an election year, the politicians all promise to do something, however, this time they are actually doing something about it, giving the law enforcement the ability to act and in turn looking at the federal government stating are you going to uphold on your end of the laws to enforce boarder security? Obama is caught between a rock and a hard spot, and if it does go to court, the state of Arizona has the backing of federal statute behind it, as a good portion of the AZ law is written word for word off of the federal laws. So the question is what is Obama going to do and what will he tell the people of the country, make fun of them? Or is he going to man up and do something to get immigration reform and boarder security taken care of?
Or will he choose to give general amnesty to all of the illegale aliens and fast track them to become citizens, only to create a bigger mess than what all is going on? And what will the citizens of the boarder states do after the next time someone gets killed, or it turns out they had their id stolen?

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Kudos to Gov. Brewer for having the brass cajones of a traditional patriot. If the Obama administration continues the path of great division, Gov. Brewer may one day be running for President of Arizona.

Kind of related, I had sort of an epiphany today that really seemed to simplify some of the illegal immigration stuff for me: who exactly is speaking out against Arizona's "new" laws? Who's protesting them? I haven't heard anything from Asians, Europeans, Russians, Poles, Irish, or any other race--not even Mid-Easterners, who you'd think would have a stake in this as well.

We've only heard from Mexicans , some libs who feed their moral superiority complex by carrying guilt for all the successes of America, and Al Sharpton (who, despite what he thinks, does not represent black America). Seeing that the bill doesn't seem to mention Mexicans or Latinos at all, I would take that as admission of their own guilt--not the Latinos that have come here legally, mind you, but the ones that have chosen to cheat the system at America's expense.

It's kind of like when we were little kids in class, we knew that the first kid that asked "Who farted?" first was the one that did it. You know what--I kind of like that. Maybe from now on when I hear someone complaining about Arizona's "new" legislation, I'm just going to respond with "He who smelt it dealt it."

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Atomic Honey

That will be my official response too. A great one for sure.

The rest of your post nailed it also.

Good work. Star

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
This recent / kitty style depression everything seems to be out of shape right now as the national debt takes longer to fix , A wall between mexico and the united states would cost trillions i bet , and talking about it cost money i quess . so nothing ever gets done ,illigals come here. This is the new America . .

china owns nothing they make the worlds everything . they make money ..we buy it ..they make it...russia owns oil...

china russia the Industrial big boys ..making money

United states = world police

[edit on 9-5-2010 by AndersonLee]

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Trillions? I highly doubt it. It would be expensive, but not nearly as expensive as indefinitely paying for these leeches to be on food stamps, commit crimes, join gangs, get free medical care, and steal (and ruin) our identities so they can apply for all the mooch stamps and other free handouts at our expense. Since there is no end in sight to their constant influx, the eventual cost over time of letting this continue is literally infinite.

In fact, in addition to the wall they should set up seismic detectors that summon UAVs when they detect border crossings in suspicious places. Warn them off with an LRAD and if they keep coming, unleash the hellfire missiles on them.

I'm dead serious, this country has enough problems without illegal immigrants bringing in even more. They don't belong here, and they won't leave or stop coming until we turn the United States into a worse option than Mexico for them. If they want to truly be citizens, they can frickin' apply for it properly and everything will be just dandy.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by KrazyJethro

"Have we forgotten Bush so quickly? Really?"

Holy cow! No, but it looks like you might have. Iraq & Afghanistan ring a bell?

"4) We need to get knee deep in Mexico to help get them to a better place. Otherwise we will continue to have this problem."

my, my , my whatta post

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by maraboo
Az won't have to deport all of their illegals. It's called self deportation, and it's already happening - even before the law goes into effect. The illegals read the writing on the wall and will simply move to a sanctuary state that doesn't have the stones to confront the problem.

Perhaps. I'm not discounting that this can, is, and will happen, but I have serious doubts that we can count on illegals leaving by a large majority.

I guess time will tell and we'll just have to wait and see. I'd prefer not to wait though. I'm a proactive kinda guy, so while this might work, this is not the only plan that could create this type of situation.

Peace
KJ

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalus24
I don't think you understand why we have an influx of illegal immigrants.

I think I do, but I'd be interested to know why you think I don't.

The fact that our immigration system for the latter part of a century has been based on a discriminatory policy of limiting the number of immigrants that can come in from "undesirable" countries. It started with the Chinese, then the Southern european, the Eastern european, the Japanese and eventually the Latin Americans.

Granted and agree. As one who appreciates history I've written about this very thing in other threads, specifically the similarity between today's rhetoric and the kind that lead to the Chinese Exclusion Act of 1882.

Of course if you're a working professional this country welcomes you with open arms regardless of ethnic and social background...but if you're an unskilled worker you can forget about it.

Also agreed, I'm still waiting for a place we disagree.

That point alone should make anyone sick mainly because all of our immigrant ancestors came here when the immigration laws were extremely lax by current standards hence it was easier to come here legally. It's quite ironic how those who claim to be descendants of hard working immigrants can see the current situation of all of the illegal immigrant workers with such apathy...

Actually, I was debating this very position and making this very point with my father-in-law today.

Reread my post or others of mine on this topic. I advocate increasing the inflow of immigrants and the ease of registration with a preference to those coming from our own hemisphere.

It's hard to debate those who's family immigrated when all it took was a boat ticket, 29 questions, a cursory medical exam, and a 98% chance of making it in legally on the current state of immigration policy.

perhaps you've forgotten what Lady Liberty stands for? A reminder:

I need no reminder. I embrace what America stands for.

Perhaps you misunderstood my post.

Peace
KJ

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by DogsDogsDogs
Holy cow! No, but it looks like you might have. Iraq & Afghanistan ring a bell?

I have no idea what you are talking about. If you'd care to elaborate (sans sarcasm) I'd be happy to discuss.

my, my , my whatta post

Thanks. If you actually have any positions or points to make, then let's have em. Otherwise I'll chalk up your post to the keyboard equivalent of a belch.

Peace
KJ

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by KrazyJethro

1) This law will do next to nothing but create a need for temporary prisons and clog the courts, although I'm sure interpreters will make out like bandits

No need for interpreters. Prisons in the southwest employ many Hispanic citizens, so communication won't be a problem. Cut & dried, so maybe they should simplify an expedited process. All they'd need is a clerk.

2) I don't believe States can deport, but I'd be interested to find out. If they can not, then this will probably have an adverse effect from Federal Immigration Authorities, who obviously hate the bill.

You are assuming that Federal Immigration Authorities "hate" this bill. If you are referring to Border Patrol agents, & if Texas' INS guys are any example, you would be very much mistaken. Obama, his handlers & his flying monkeys (like Holder) apparently "hate" this bill, but they hate also apparently EVERYTHING American, so nothing new there.

3) Amnesty without fundamental change in policy and stance is foolish, but it will come to pass. Of course "strict" measures will be enacted to accompany this to assuage conservatives away from revolt, but they will be under or not funded like the wall and it will pass out of public consciousness (maybe).

That's why "amnesty" is pointless. "Pass out of public consciousness"? I find that HIGHLY unlikely, as the responses to these threads will attest. You've certainly given things away re "they will be underfunded..." Psychic, are you?

4) We need to get knee deep in Mexico to help get them to a better place. Otherwise we will continue to have this problem.

This statement is just CRAZY! We need to stay the hell OUT of Mexico's business. They have made it abundantly clear that they cannot & will not so much as make a PRETENSE of controlling the flow of drugs, contraband or their citizens across our borders AND that they CONDONE this activity because it BENEFITS them. We need to stay on our side of the border, HEAVILY manned & armed, & blow their behinds away if they keep coming. If they won't handle it, we will. If US citizens were doing this to any other country, it would be considered an "international incident". Odd how it's business-as-usual to our government.

Iraq & Afghanistan refers to the US attacking them *at Israel's behest and LIES* & the hideous MESS we've made over there- ESPECIALLY human rights violations. We cannot AFFORD these aggressions in other countries. Defending our borders against & a foreign invasion, however, is a different story.

5) We need to defund the criminals by ending the War on Drugs.

The only rational thing you said. No argument. Maybe since you seem to be one of the OFAs, maybe we can take that to mean that it's possible. I won't hold my breath.

6) We need to allow more immigrants in and ease the process rather than make it harder or more complicated than it already is. Ellis Island let in millions with little more than a cursory medical exam and 29 questions. I'd imagine not much more is needed these days.

Also absolutely insane. Things are quite different since the days of Ellis Island. We need to get them out, NOT let them stay or let more in. Amnesty will not lead to a change in their illegal behavior. That is like saying if you marry the guy who beats you up/ drinks too much/ etc, he will have some magical transformation & change. (You've let that hopey-changey thing soften your head) If their very first act is breaking the law, any other of our laws will have little concern for them. That's a given.

7) It's hard to make Obama any more of a joke than he already is. The sad part, however, is people thinking Republicans are that different.

I'd try to cover up a little better than that. You're right, [republicans] aren't better- just slightly different. But why are you spewing globalist, socialist talking points if you actually aren't an Obamabot?

Have we forgotten Bush so quickly? Really?

How can we- when almost weekly, Obama reminds that not only does he have the same exact policies as Bush, he can go him one worse & then some? Even Bush wasn't THIS bad.

A belch? How gross you are.
Peace? I guess that tells me all I need to know. Sensing a pattern here. Generalizing on that you're probably a misogynist, too.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join