It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Megalithic stones and stone use all over the ancient world, why ?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by jammer2012

Of course the Egyptians had the wheel. Their chariots would have looked pretty silly without them.

The Egyptians also had windlasses, A-frames, ropes sleds etc. They also had generations of experience to aid them.

This image is a papyrus reproduction. It shows a statue of Djehutihotep being pulled by 172 men. ATSers are never impressed by the image...what can I say? The reason I post it is to provide contemporary evidence of Egyptian techniques.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/32c94279a59e.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 05:35 AM
link   

moving a 1000 ton block of stone would have been a hell of a task no matter what

Well.....gravity does matter.
What if gravity was then (much) less than we experience today?

Jacques

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

read my replies, I'm with ya! No alien intervention more likey alien interference and missdirection.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by taksie

moving a 1000 ton block of stone would have been a hell of a task no matter what

Well.....gravity does matter.
What if gravity was then (much) less than we experience today?

Jacques

Gravity less? what do you mean?
like a 1000 ton block actually weighed 500? still heavy though... I still think we moved it not aliens.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Gravity less? what do you mean?

To me it makes sense when a block weighed half of what it does today? Much easier to transport and manoeuvre large blocks
So my questions is: Did gravity increase or can it fluctuate?

still heavy though... I still think we moved it not aliens.
Absolutely, I agree.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by taksie

Well that would make sense if the following scenario actually took place. But that's the only thing I can find on you-tube that would suggest that the gravity actually was less then it is now.

etc... the rest is on youtube for you all to watch.
---------------------------------

There is much more on you tube for the growing earth theory.

[edit on 9-5-2010 by AquaTim84]

[edit on 9-5-2010 by AquaTim84]

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 06:56 AM
link   
There are some remarkable sites you seem to have omitted.

Hunebeds of Holland and Germany
Devil's bed in Belgium
And:
Angkor Wat
Pyramids of China

Now I don't know enough about this subject to know if the latter qualifies for this list but I would like to point out that some of the sites you propose here are quite disparate in age and some of them are pre-historic but some of them are far more recent. Do you think this is not important?

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Well put together, S+F. I enjoyed the read, my only criticism is that there wasn't more... Keep um coming!

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by markygee

Hey, thanks for posting that video. I saw it a couple of years back and forgot all about the guy. His ideas are very cool and I wouldn't be surprised if some elements were in use in Egypt. I'll embed it in case anyone else is interested

On ATS, some people see these monuments and can't understand that humans did it all by themselves. They can imagine aliens, lost white races, advanced technology, 50% gravity and magic..they just can't manage to imagine people!

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Very cool video! no science degree yet he uses allot of science. He justs creates a very small point of rotation where all of the mass is concentrated and then it's easy to move...

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Awesome resource. Many thanks for your efforts documenting this fascinating phenomena. I'm not sure quite what it all means, though certainly it means something.

I'm not sure if it means people had access to unexpected technology. But what does it say about ancient society? Possibly that there were lots of slaves: no news there.

I do find it interesting that a lot of this stuff was done before clearly documented history. I suppose that's an interesting point. How much of the building of this stuff is clearly documented by the people of the time? If it's not, then I'd say there is something very important to discover.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   
These lost technology, is it belong to us? Ancient Alien theories makes senses!

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Would had been nice if you had also mention something from our time that comes close to what they could do in the ancient world..

Coral Castle by Ed Leedskalnin.
Short 30tons stone.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8b72d92b229b.gif[/atsimg]

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Kandinsky, great post, really great! I am sure that with experimentation, the gentleman in the video would be able to achieve all manner of alternative movements of heavy stone blocks of all shapes and sizes.

As they say, 'necessity is the mother of invention' and to see a single man using very straightforward methods to shift these concrete blocks is fantastic. We tend to think in terms of how our own technology has evolved (i.e. referring to wheels, pulleys etc.) rather than starting from the ground up.

Of course, this is not definitive, but it seems to me that the guy has made some real headway in outlining the application of very simple techniques to achieve apparently impossible tasks.

If you were simply faced with this guys projected 'henge' and told that a single human being put the whole thing up without using 'machinery' (i.e. moving parts), you would not believe a word of it!

Excellent post!

[edit on 9-5-2010 by SugarCube]

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Nice post but what you present is well explained in the Ancient Aliens programs. The first are the 2009 series and the second installments are the 2010 series on history channel. I would also highly reccommend that everyone watch David Wilcocks new film called 2012 event horizon. In that David explains the large stone and the energies they give off and how they were used. He also presents scientific evidence of the Intelligent Field. I hope I am not off subject but you all need to watch this.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Lebowski achiever

i wasn't going for all the sites in the world i was just showing how there was common trend all over the world, and i never ever trust dating ... i just don't thinks its very accurate at all most of the times. i had to cut it short because my original draft was very very long and i think that this post got my point across ... there is the question of how they did it ... but there is also the question of why everyone in the world was doing the same thing.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Loki, Watch David Wilcocks presentation 2012 event horzion on youtube. You will get all your answers there. They were placed all over the world as they follow Lay lines of energy over the planet. You will see that the placement of these stones all over the world follow icosaheadron and dodecahedron patterns. Watch David it will be most gratifying.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Should be noted, Kandinsky, that the Egyptians didn't have the wheel at the time of the building of the Pyramids at Giza.
Though it's known they used ramps sleds, and and rollers at other construction sites,and there's evidence of the same, though more circumstantial, at Giza.

reply to post by Quantom

Ed Leedskalnin used block and tackle.

And took him the better part of 30 years to do it.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by King Loki

S & F

Thank you for the wonderful thread.

Here are some videos I've put together for my threads on this topic

Enjoy Crank up the bass!

(click to open player in new window)

(click to open player in new window)

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link