It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If The US Immigration Problem Was From Canada, Not Mexico, Would Arizona Still Be Racist?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I came about this question last night while watching Billo.

The media has been pushing this idea that these new rules and regulations are completely racist and will target people who aren't white and fool them into getting deported.

I know the problem of Imigration in the states is real and needs to be dealt with, but here's an interesting question.

If the immigrants from Mexico were instead of Canada, would the story still be reported the same?

Would people still use the race card against these people?

It seems to me like there is some racial element to the legislation simply because we know they are from Mexico and are non-white.

Food for thought.

~Keeper

[edit on 5/8/2010 by tothetenthpower]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Damn right it would be
those Canuck's are always slipping over the border
trying to peddle their mukluks and pushing Hockey down out throats!
and what's the deal with the "Good day Aaa"! creepy...

Truth is the Mexicans make for an easy target because they look and talk different... reason enough for scared frightened people looking for someone to blame....

now back to my deport Alex Trebek campaign

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
A problem with illegal Canadian immigration? I can just see it now. All the Americans would be asking themselves "Why is everyone so polite all of a sudden?" and "Who drank all the beer?"

Edit: BTW, Celine Dion is your problem now. We are NOT taking her back!

[edit on 8-5-2010 by The Cusp]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Without being to blunt, No

No.1 The majority are white
No.2 Most of them speak english

Just my opinion.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Well Canada is a demographically funny country. Quebec, which prides itself on being 'distinct' is ethinically the most 'Canadian' province in Canada at 66%. I assume this Canadian-ethnicity means white. That means that every other province is ethnically not even 2/3rds Canadian. Only 1/3rd of all of Canada is ethincally Canadian.

en.wikipedia.org...

Since we are talking about race, the rest of Canada is very multicultural. Therefore if people were flowing over the border into the US, there would be no guarantee they belong to one particular 'race' be it white or black or asian,etc.,etc.

It's hard to compare Canada which has a multicultural make-up to Mexico which is homogenous in its ethnicity for the most part.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Canadians are only coming to buy the real estate, I can get a Florida home for 40k lol

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

I know the problem of Imigration in the states is real and needs to be dealt with, but here's an interesting question.

If the immigrants from Mexico were instead of Canada, would the story still be reported the same?

Wait a second, is this a trick question because you're Canadian?

It seems to me like there is some racial element to the legislation simply because we know they are from Mexico and are non-white.

"We?" Once again, aren't you from Canada?

While there are people here that at not Mexican, and also illegal, the vast majority do happen to be from Mexico. Yes, they do stick out a bit, so, yeah in a way they are more easily targeted.

The point is, all illegals need to go home, not just the ones who happen to stand out so readily. Hopefully, all illegals will get the message.

edit to fix quotes

[edit on 8-5-2010 by Blanca Rose]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by TrainDispatcher

Actually, you would be suprised to learn that by 2030, visible minorities will be the majority in Canada's major cities.

Canada is one of the most (if not the most) multicultural countries in the world! You just made a pretty blanket statement.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Portugoal
reply to post by TrainDispatcher

Actually, you would be suprised to learn that by 2030, visible minorities will be the majority in Canada's major cities.

Canada is one of the most (if not the most) multicultural countries in the world! You just made a pretty blanket statement.

You can thank our Mosaic immigration policy for that one.

We actually encourage other's culture to flourish in our country.

Not to assimilate into being strictly " Canadian".

Your right as well about the visible minorities becoming the majority, I'm not sure if that's already happened, but it certainly will happen soon.

~Keeper

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Blanca Rose

No my question was more of, if the illegals were white and Arizona had passed such legislation, would they still be called racists?

~Keeper

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I think the point here is: if most of the legal and illegal immigrants coming into the USA were white, english speaking, north europeans, would people react in the same way as they do if they are mostly hispanics?

And the the question is: why?

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Essan
I think the point here is: if most of the legal and illegal immigrants coming into the USA were white, english speaking, north europeans, would people react in the same way as they do if they are mostly hispanics?

And the the question is: why?

That's exactly what I meant lol

Thank you.

IMO things would be very different. THey would be offering citizenship in droves, instead of deportation.

~Keeper

link   
If I were prime minister I would make every single person of our 30 million live like kings.

Think of it this way, when you own a company, for example a gold miniing company. You value the company on it's assets

Consider Canada as a company, we have 30 million shareholders...

How does our vast assets not equate to each shareholder being financially taken care of?

Let me take a shot at it...

International private corporations reaping the profits from "OUR" assets while lobbying "OUR" government in order to keep it all going

OUR government, which should be representing the 30 million shareholders, should be getting heavily re imbursed for the selling of Canada's assets.

If I were Prime Minister I would be able to make heath care free, education free, only need income tax for 10 years to pay back the BANK OF CANADA the debt borrowed to pay off the IMF and international bankers holding us at bay. IE. BMO, SCOTIA, TD...

link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Well in Toronto at least, every neighbourhood has an ethnicity attached to it. In the past the majority of the city was Irish, then the Italian wave came, then the Portuguese wave, and now the Chinese and South Asians are coming in in droves.

I would have thought, living in downtown Toronto, that visible minorities were the majority already but I guess the population outside of the downtown core balances things out.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by AaronTheSpeaker

Actually, Canada IS a corporation and you, as a 'citizen' are nothing but a slave. Hate to break it to you...I'm not even trying to be funny.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Deny Ignorance

Well,for one the issue in Arizona is not race it is crime.

The bill gives law enforcement officials the authority to check a persons legal status if they are stopped for suspicion of committing a crime even minor.

If you are illegally in Arizona,obey the law to the letter and you will have no problems living there.

Before posting such ludicrous statements you should do some fact checking.

Canada is a country with law abiding citizens.

Mexico is a narco state that is quickly falling in to complete anarchy.

Do you think these people who have no comprehension or care about borders will stop at the U.S./Canadian border?

Canada has its own issue with illegal Chinese immigration in British Vancouver.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

There is a difference between the 2 countries. Canada doesn't have the drug lords and peddling of drugs across the border. Earlier today someone posted that there were gunshots from their border into the US. Ever heard of that from here? Not in my 3 years as an immigrant from South Africa.

The worst we have done recently is beat the US in the Men's Olympic ice-hockey final. In fact, I have yet to meet an American here in Canada that has an issue with this country. (A good few have moved here in fact!)

Trying to compare Mexico to Canada, is like trying to compare a grape with a Watermelon - HUGE difference. The culture in the US and Canada is VERY similar. I have a few SA friends here, but the majority have moved to Australia, New Zealand and England - because of the cultural similarities. You can assimilate into that society easier than here.

BTW - I love my New Country - great people!

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Portugoal

You are right, however, does that justify gong along with these chains of oppression.

Government should be run, when a government is running itself (America) then you have problems.

The game is too far along played, you are right, there really is no hope for true justice

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Essan

Why do most of you assume that Canada is made up of white-washed Northern Europeans? That's like saying Americans are all hicks with straw sticking out of their mouths wearing overalls...

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oneolddude

Deny Ignorance

Well,for one the issue in Arizona is not race it is crime.

The bill gives law enforcement officials the authority to check a persons legal status if they are stopped for suspicion of committing a crime even minor.

If you are illegally in Arizona,obey the law to the letter and you will have no problems living there.

Before posting such ludicrous statements you should do some fact checking.

Canada is a country with law abiding citizens.

Mexico is a narco state that is quickly falling in to complete anarchy.

Do you think these people who have no comprehension or care about borders will stop at the U.S./Canadian border?

Canada has its own issue with illegal Chinese immigration in British Vancouver.

So everybody in Mexico are narcotic dealers? There aren't any law abiding citizens in Mexico?

That's a ludicrous statement by my standards.

Being Canadian, I am quite aware of our immigration issues as well as our law abiding citizens.

I was trying to draw a comparision on Racim and how it's being reported in the MSM.

~Keeper

top topics

<<   2 >>

join