It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Since when is an opposing opinion un-American?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Go for it friend...........from the conservative pint of view.........

Mind me not I need to have my meds adjusted. Have a call into the Doc..........till then pay me no mind............I'm a wild a clazy guy right now.

What phase the moon?

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by gmcnulty
Go for it friend...........from the conservative pint of view.........

Mind me not I need to have my meds adjusted. Have a call into the Doc..........till then pay me no mind............I'm a wild a clazy guy right now.

What phase the moon?

Sigh, you're a nitwit man. You guys bitch and moan about people not answering questions, then act like douchebags when someone will.

Give me a shout when you want a reasonable conversation.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I'll be serious..........promise.

Go for it.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Fine, I'll just answer them all. I can't seem to get a straight responce from you anyway.

1. Since when is voicing an honest opinion in criticism of a sitting President irresponsible, dangerous, and something to apologize for!

Never, although politicians lack something called nuts (no pun intended as the "offender" was a woman). They won't close the boarder because hispanics will get pissed.

The truth is, is that NOTHING anyone would say (aside from national secrets) will get anyone killed. In fact, saying whatever you want is pretty much a First Amendment right. But I'm sure some will say something about Saying "fire" in a theater. What she said is perfectly acceptable, and the responder needs a swift kick in the head for following party lines while bitching about that very thing.

I personally think she said nothing hateful.

2. Since when are opinions that are radically different from the administration of a sitting President undignified?

Undignified would be if she told reporters she had sex on Air Force One. Is it not noble to speak against something you think is wrong without slander? I think so, regardless of how wrong it may be.

3. Since when is this kind of criticism not a part --- an important part --- of the democratic system that the government is supposedly working so hard to protect?

It is completely in the system. I think that anyone who speaks out against the president gets lumped with Gore and Kerry (although I don't find anything wrong with what they do either). Reading Emerson, it is your duty to speak you mind in the "most direct manner" availible to you.

4. Since when is democracy defined as unilateral patriotism? And since when is the only way to support military troops agreeing that the judgment of a naked emperor is sound?

Listen, this is all a game. The republicans are playing a stupid game along with the Democrats. Let them play their stupid games. If it really bothers you, write a scalding letter to Tom Delay. Here is his email address.

Send Tommy a message.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by gmcnulty "borrowed" from Tom Rutlidge
1. Since when is voicing an honest opinion in criticism of a sitting President irresponsible, dangerous, and something to apologize for!

NEVER! I fully support the right of Ms. Pelosi to say whatever she pleases! I also fully support the rights of anyone that hears her to think her eyes are brown because shis full of $hiit.

2. Since when are opinions that are radically different from the administration of a sitting President undignified?

NEVER! Just as someone who's opinions are radicially different from most liberal college students should not be shouted down on campus.

3. Since when is this kind of criticism not a part --- an important part --- of the democratic system that the government is supposedly working so hard to protect?

NEVER! Except for when I try to offer an opinion about why I think Kerry is unfit to lead the United States here on ATS and am derided as a stupid racist bigot.

4. Since when is democracy defined as unilateral patriotism? And since when is the only way to support military troops agreeing that the judgment of a naked emperor is sound?

NEVER! And though I support the efforts in Iraq, I will always listen to intelligent opposing views (sorry GMC ans Ashley) and when someone who's views don't match mine says they support the troops but not the war, I believe them.

That is my take on these questions. And while I don't like the views of, or for that matter, the minority leader herself, I fully support her right to spout as much drivel (my opinion) as she sees fit.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 09:55 PM
link   
By the way, here's my email to Big Tom.

Mr. Delay,
I am not a constituent of yours, but I think your words about Nancy Pelosi are ridiculous.

"Nancy Pelosi should apologize for her irresponsible, dangerous rhetoric. She apparently is so caught up in partisan hatred for President Bush that her words are putting American lives at risk."

Obviously you like to play the same party politics game as you claim Mrs. Pelosi is playing by pulling out the Republican "un-American" card. It's not said so much as implied.

Is it sufficed to say that no American lives will be lost because of anything she, Kerry, or Gore say? If I am wrong, I charge any Republican to show that utilizing the First Amendment to criticize the president kills people.

Your logic is faulty and shows what your self proclaimed responsibility for "developing the issues and policies that form the Republican agenda" really means.

I am a conservative, and you sir, are the very reason I do not ally myself with the Republican Party

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 10:33 PM
link   
KrazyJethro,

Awesome E-mail to the Tom.

If only they actually cared... like they say they do...

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 10:51 PM
link   
1. Yup. You right.
2. Slander? I�m not for that either. But she just said he was incompetent. Now if she said he was an incompetent that raped little girls...There�s your slander and we both are against that��..Now what she did was break the unwritten rule we have here in the USA; don�t say anything that might hurt someone feelings. But in doing so she spoke the words in the minds of millions of Americans�.so, explains the ruckus it kicked up��The Tommie D�s can�t have anyone messing with the myth.
3. Yup. WE more of the direct��for me I like the �in your face� New Yorkese. A style somewhat unacceptable here, culturally speaking��.
4. Bothersome it is because unanswered it be comes truth���as some clown said so aptly, �perception becomes reality� He who defines perception controls reality.

It�s a game �fersure. But see how some folks are now dead because someone else won in 2000. Tell their loved one�s it�s just a damned game����and see the response you get.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I quit the party too.

Couldn't cotton to being a part of a group who nominated a person for President who has trouble forming complete sentences.......... Call me a nitpicking prig���.But just couldn�t stomach it.......to admit I was a Republican with an a$$hole as he is was just too much for me to bear.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by sweatmonicaIdo
KrazyJethro,

Awesome E-mail to the Tom.

If only they actually cared... like they say they do...

Thanks, I agree with your sentiment about why you quit the party. I found way too much truth in Colonel's take on Republicans (however skewed it might be) for me to be in that group.

Hell, if I was liberal I wouldn't be a democrat for just about the same reasons.

I encourage anyone who has a problem with Big Tom, to write him also.

I will post to, most likely, canned responce I get from his office.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join