It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Have Become a Racist

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
It boils down to this, the pie is only so big and in case you hadn't noticed it's getting smaller all the time. Jobs, health care and before long it'll be food too.

I don't hate Mexicans and as a matter of fact I don't hate anybody but this is boiling down to survival. Survival of a culture, a society and a way of life. I for one am not ready to surrender that for the sake of being politically correct or to prove to people how open-minded, enlightened and generous I am.

We Americans need to make some changes to our consumption metality and gluttonous life styles and that's a fact. Ben Bernanke is going to personally see to our comeuppance and it ain't far off.

I am not opposed to charity so long as it's your slice of the pie you're giving away. I don't have much and don't really need that much but what I do have I intend to keep. If you're smart you'll figure out that you'd better see it the same way because natural selection is the only thing Darwin got right. Nature makes quick work of the dumbasses.

Do as you choose but I'll bet ten bucks that before five years have passed you bleedin hearts are going to need a tourniquet to stop the hemorrhage. The worst part is that it's going to be just like Troy. The dummies who opened the gates took everybody else with them.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   
I posted my opinion of obama and got labeled a racist... What's weird is, I posted the exact same opinion of bush...

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Why not put the blame where it really belongs?
On the MEXICAN GOVERNMENT.
It really bothers me that they get a free pass.
What the hell are they doing to better their citizens lot?
Why don't they do something about the situation?
They are getting the benefit of all the money going across the border and yet
they don't put anything back into helping their people?

Leeches, if you ask me.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by 1990teg4dr

This statement alone speaks volumes....and really sums up well how race relations are in this country. The double standard in full effect, as it were.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
All I hear in this thread is predjudice against poor people. Race has nothing to do with it. If race were a factor, then rich Mexicans would have been mentioned. Yes America, there are rich Mexicans. Many of them have moved here to avoid getting kidnapped. We call people who look down on the poor snobs, not racists.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

So you are saying that"It's "our" governments fault that Illegal's are doing what this thread starter has said?? Come on!

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I grew up on the border in AZ. I believe that it is a large part the governments fault. The Border Patrol knows of alot of illegals that work for the farmers in AZ. They will let them stay there and work, and just about the time the Farmer is getting ready to cash in and pay everybody off, the BP swoops in and sends em all back to Mexico. They do this because they know the farmers need cheap help, and they let them stay there as long as they are needed and then send them back. If you get rid of the underground economy in the US then the number of illegals will drop way down. We need to focus on people that hire illegals, and get rid of the underground economy.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
PEW research poll shows majority supports the Arizona law.

www.reuters.com...

www.numbersusa.com...

"$346 billion [is spent] annually in American taxpayer benefits across 15 federal agencies: 'free' education for their children K-12, 'free' breakfast and lunch programs K-12, 'free' English as a second language instruction, 'free' prenatal care and birth costs for over 400,000 pregnant illegal alien mothers annually, 'free' assisted housing, 'free' food and housing for over 350,000 illegal criminal aliens residing in U.S. prisons."

Ben Bernanke said that "Social Security is where the money is" to reduce the deficit. Think about what $346 billion would do to reduce the deficit. It just makes sense that if the jobs held by illegal aliens were vacated & held by US citizens, there would be further reductions in aid programs (free breakfast & lunch for school children, assistance for housing & welfare) going to US citizens and most certainly in funding for prisons. To do otherwise is irresponsible & fiscally self destructive.

[edit on 13-5-2010 by DogsDogsDogs]

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
LOL! Well, congratulations on your recent enlightenment Wolf321 - better late than never. Of course, you have much programming to overcome on so many fronts, but with diligence, research and honesty you WILL come out the other side a far more enlightened, aware and awake individual.

Those of us who are farther ahead of you on the path welcome and encourage you - there is nothing like TRUTH outside the Matrix! Indeed it DOES make you free when you find the real thing. We hope to greet you on the other side.

[edit on 13-5-2010 by COCKATOO]

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by rick1
reply to post by Angus123

Yes I also called for G.W. Bush to be impeached and signed petitions to that effect. Any other questions.

Just one...
How many licks DOES it take to get to the tootsie roll center of a tootsie pop?

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Flighty

On the MEXICAN GOVERNMENT.

Hey! And they're mostly white too!! .. This means we are allowed to yell about them and not be labeled racist by the Progressive crowd?

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

I live 1 mile from the Arizona/Mexico border.

I love Mexicans

I just wish we could carry on a conversation in the checkout line.

It doesn't seem right that I have to learn a new language just to speak to another American.

Peace

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by RRokkyy

Read the constitution sometime. It is one of the FEW JOBS the President has. I can't help it if Kuccinich hasn't read the constitution.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Angus123

Hey all right. I was beginning to wonder if you had a sense of humor.
BTW I have been pondering that question for years but let's keep that just between you and me ok?

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
you know what pisses me off is all the damn meat popsicles coming in and getting all the mediocre, borderline indentured servitude style jobs, I can't get that awesome job as floor mopper at Walmart for a whopping buck an hour, because they always hire the typical skin covered, 2 armed, 2 legged sack of meat to do it instead. I think I'm turning racist against people.

and on a serious note, once the zombies come, we won't have to worry about someone being illegal anymore, it'll be like the end of sean of the dead, where all our low pay grunt work go to a trained corpse instead

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Oh yeah, now I remember why I was staying away from this thread.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 05:33 AM
link   
what is the point to this thread?

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I actually live in a predominantly anglo town here in Illinois. I was unemployed for 10 mths and finally mcdonalds hired me here in town. I'm the only 'white girl' there out of almost 50 employees.
I called the other day inquiring when my first check would be in and they knew who I was instantly. When I professed amazement they laughed, "Well you ARE the only white girl who works here...."
Never have I been in the minority before in my LIFE. I stand by smiling stupid while everyone else talks and laughs in spanish; me picking out maybe 2 words out of a whole conversation... I just wander off and wipe tables, while the day goes by soooo slowly. I have loved every job I have had in the past (most had a mix of white and non white and the spanish would stay amongst themselves, talking and so on) but this one I dread because I feel so alone and left out. When you're a people person and all your coworkers speak spanish and now and then remember you to say "hola" -or- "can you bring me ice cream?", you get very lonely.
Now don't get me wrong; there are I believe two anglo brothers who work there but they are boys. I'm guessing about 18 to 21 years of age. I'm in my late 30's. So yeah, we don't talk. They're too into their own things.

Anyway, I have to be at El McDonalds in a little bit here so.... yeah. Just wanted to throw in my two cents.

No I have more: I was born and raised in a different then-fully-anglo town. In 1979 it saw it's first hispanic family move in. Today, the entire downtown is Hispanic stores and all you hear is their music and so on. They've moved all over and have basically taken over fully. The town was called West Chicago and still is, legally.
It is now known as Little Mexico by not just the people living there but a ton of neighboring towns and cities; all which have also started luring the illegals.
They DO work hard and man they got the ideas for saving money living 20 to an apartment and I WISH i had the guts to work 4 full time jobs.... but other than that, all em who worked the jobs I was willing and still am to take while i was unemployed, sucks.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Living in a little house on a farm with lots of Mexicans has taught me not to be racist. We're all just trying to survive, and we all have our own ways of going about it. Life is no picnic for any of us.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nemesis0123
Living in a little house on a farm with lots of Mexicans has taught me not to be racist. We're all just trying to survive, and we all have our own ways of going about it. Life is no picnic for any of us.

I agree. The old saying "walk a mile in their shoes" has a lot of meaning. Imagine being born into the situation many Mexicans are born into. Most work hard to take care of their families.

I also agree with earlier posters who have drawn the comparison between the haves and the have-nots. Those with financial resources do want a certain percentage of the population to be below the poverty line, who else is going to do the menial janitorial jobs, etc. This would be one of the bigger problems with the capitalist system. Of course, I can't think of a system that does work perfectly. They all have flaws because they are being run by human beings.

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24 >>

join