It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very interesting excerpt about Wright-Patterson Air Force Base

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I found this very interesting excerpt on this Wikipedia website: en.wikipedia.org...

It has to do with Wright-Patterson Air Force Base (where supposedly Hangar 18 is located).

Here's the excerpt:

"The April 25, 1988 issue of The New Yorker carried an interview where Senator Barry Goldwater, who had a deep interest in UFOs, said he repeatedly asked his friend, Gen. Curtis LeMay, if there was any truth to the rumors that UFO evidence was stored in a secret room at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base. He also asked if he (Goldwater) might have access to the room. According to Goldwater, an angry LeMay gave him "holy hell" and said, "Not only can't you get into it but don't you ever mention it to me again."

Now what would be so secret there that even a senator couldn't see it? Why get so angry and be so secretive if there is nothing to hide? No way it was just Project Mogul.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Ive always been curious about this base. Its in UFO lore as much, if not more than Area 51 is.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I personally think the Roswell crash was a military project gone wrong. The General getting pissed is just him getting tired of people asking him that. I don't think this adds any merit to an alien crash in Roswell.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I find it very strange that a building would be still be so secretive in 2010...

A military foul up in 1947..... I can't imagine what kind of evidence you would want to keep, let alone devote a building to storage.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by seenitall
I find it very strange that a building would be still be so secretive in 2010...

A military foul up in 1947..... I can't imagine what kind of evidence you would want to keep, let alone devote a building to storage.

Hanger 18, or what ever may not be a place (I doubt it ever was), but a code that designates an operation/project, security prowords and code words, certain people, etc.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Hi all,

Dunno, but seems to me WP Base has a bunch of secrets, most of which are only accessible from the bottom -- up. Including the /64 Kecksburg machine.
Apparently Edwards AFB still holds a bunch of EBE junk too. A51/S4 -- forgetaboutit.. now -- lol. But everything Colorado -- don't.

Decoy

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Wright-Pat Base is very near cincinnati where I used to live in 1968

I worked at a company that had a section of engineers in cincy. One day i was talking to him about UFO's...probably because it was on the heels of a famous siting that was confirmed as "unknown" by the observatory at the university.

He said he served in the Air Force...nothing special...just a regular guy. When he only had a few days left to finish his service, he decided "what the hell.." and gained entrance to a locked building that was off limits on the Wright-Pat base.

He had heard lots of things, but never saw anything special until he went into the files in that building. He said what he saw scared him...he saw photos and lots of UFO reports...I asked if it was "blue book" he said he didn't know but the files said "top secret"...he didn't stay long because he was afraid to get caught so he left.

I can say he was being very serious and and the tone of the conversation changed when he started to talk about it from idle curiousity to being dead serious....he never elaborated on what he saw except to say...he no longer doubted the existance of UFO and the military involvement/knowledge of same.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Wright Pat AFB is literally 5 mins from my home. I've lived here in Dayton my entire life. Always cool to have it so close and I've always been interested in hangar 18. If I recall that's where the original Roswell debris went.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Viper2
Now what would be so secret there that even a senator couldn't see it? Why get so angry and be so secretive if there is nothing to hide? No way it was just Project Mogul.

Obviously not, why would they hide project Mogul at WB when there were pictures of it in many of the major newspapers at the time. When they "came clean" in the late 90's about Roswell (Air Force's publication Roswell Report: Case Closed authored by Intelligence Officer Captain James McAndrew in 1997) and tried to use the "Project High Dive" excuse for the supposed sightings of alien beings, it was quite laughable...

Hard to believe that any secret program from 1947 would still be a secret in the late 90's, any black project would by then be out-dated and worthless to keep hidden. Their case would be much stronger if they came up with something worth hiding, that is other than a crashed saucer and aliens....

[edit on 8-5-2010 by Toxicsurf]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I was working in this semiconductor facility and I met a very interesting old geezer technician, he was aged but one hell of a smart tech. He told me that he had been in the service with a top secret clearance and had done some pretty neat things. I asked him if he had been to Area 51 but he said no, but he was at Wright Patterson... then the conversation got interesting. He couldn't mention any specifics but he said that the base was PURPOSELY built with the buildings with the same address, same design, but different locations. The natural caverns are everywhere, but with interesting buildings over the entrances... I kept asking for more info, but then he went quiet and walked away... i am still wondering....

top topics

join