It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michelle Obama: Barack Obama Is “Kenyan”

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost
The funny thing about this thread is that nobody is disputing the thread title! It is agreed by everyone that she did in fact say her husband is Kenyan. The disagreement seems to be with the interpretation of what she meant. Most people have admitted that it is not concrete proof that he was born in another country. But do you really not think it is strange the way it was used in this context? It seems I am not the only member who feels it is.

Because you are not an American and do not understand the uniquely American way of referring to ourselves within our borders to other people within our borders. It has been demonstrated well beyond any doubt that Americas regularly refer to themselves in terms of their heritage. We know we are Americans but we also know that at some point we came from a different place than almost anyone else we run into. That is what happens when you make a country out of a "melting pot."

People in America are proud to be Americans but also very proud of their heritage. In the city here it is not the least bit odd to see Puerto Riccan and various African flags on cars. These people are not from those places but their grandparents or further back are. Hell, most of the black people I know with some African stuff on their cars cannot even go back far enough to know when their family started out in America but they still like to talk about being "African."

You are not from here and do not get how it is, that is all.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by gwydionblack

Come back when you have some facts and proof. If you are ignoring KK then you must be ignoring AG as well. Maybe you need me to go troll alllllllllllllllllllllll of the birther threads you have been in and find all the posters besides KK that have posted this info for you? So sorry I picked him as an example but luckily he is not the only one regularly posting it in threads YOU FREQUENT.

All you have is long winded rants about nonsense. Michelle's words are not testimony and would not fly in any court. If you feel otherwise, FILE A PETITION AND PROVE ME WRONG. Otherwise, you are just sitting here on the internet ranting with NO PROOF, NO EVIDENCE, and really NO LOGIC.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by K J Gunderson
Because you are not an American and do not understand the uniquely American way of referring to ourselves within our borders to other people within our borders. It has been demonstrated well beyond any doubt that Americas regularly refer to themselves in terms of their heritage. We know we are Americans but we also know that at some point we came from a different place than almost anyone else we run into. That is what happens when you make a country out of a "melting pot."

People in America are proud to be Americans but also very proud of their heritage. In the city here it is not the least bit odd to see Puerto Riccan and various African flags on cars. These people are not from those places but their grandparents or further back are. Hell, most of the black people I know with some African stuff on their cars cannot even go back far enough to know when their family started out in America but they still like to talk about being "African."

It is good to see you have grown past the labels and veiled insults. Had you just responded in a manner such as this initially, I would have responded more politely and taken you more seriously earlier. Thank you for taking the time to clear that up.

[edit on 7/5/2010 by Dark Ghost]

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by K J Gunderson
That is what happens when you make a country out of a "melting pot."

You are correct. America is a melting pot. It is not however, a salad bowl. A melting pot makes you American first and foremost. And a salad bowl just never really mixes and all of the ingredients stay separate.

All those who fly the flag of another country are not properly assimilating in to America and American culture. Hell I Suppose I could fly the Dutch flag, the Irish flag, the German flag, and Sioux Nation flag. My kids could add Italian to that list.

The difference is that any culturally specific holiday in the USA until lately have been part of that melting pot. Do the Irish go after people with American flags on St Patrick's day? Do Blacks go after people who wear the American flag on Kwanzaa? Do Jews go after anyone wearing the American flag on Hanuka?

Why the beef with Mexicans and the American flag in this situation? Isnt it their flag too?

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Hello ATS. Hey, if you are interested and desire to learn more about this whole mess, please check out my thread from yesterday. Some great info related to this thread. As you can see, you need all the ammo you can get:

Anyway, It is called: Hawaii governor announces 'exact' place of Obama birth. No wonder there is confusion!
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Don't you just love it when his own people make the claims?

S&F too!

[edit on 5/7/2010 by anon72]

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I honestly don't think he was born anywhere I think he was made in a lab and that lab was not an american one.

My reason is if you can not show proof of birth through a birth certificate you have not been born you were made.

And also i hope he goes to arizona where if he has no birth certificate he will be arrested and put in jail.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoNAVYSeals
And also i hope he goes to arizona where if he has no birth certificate he will be arrested and put in jail.

We'll see how far the local law enforcement gets passed 20 Secret Service agents

But, nice try.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost
It is good to see you have grown past the labels

Labels? Which labels? What are you talking about exactly?

and veiled insults.

I did not think I was veiling them. Perhaps I need to try harder to make them more obvious.

Had you just responded in a manner such as this initially, I would have responded more politely and taken you more seriously earlier. Thank you for taking the time to clear that up.

Not sure I really care how polite you were. I was really not aware that there was even an issue but if you say I was labeling and insulting and you were not polite in return, then so be it. I thought you were just fine. As far as taking me seriously, not sure that matters either. The facts speak for themselves so there is really no need to take me seriously anyway.

I am always willing to take the time to explain myself if someone genuinely does not understand.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thirty_Foot_Smurf
You are correct. America is a melting pot. It is not however, a salad bowl. A melting pot makes you American first and foremost. And a salad bowl just never really mixes and all of the ingredients stay separate.

All those who fly the flag of another country are not properly assimilating in to America and American culture. Hell I Suppose I could fly the Dutch flag, the Irish flag, the German flag, and Sioux Nation flag. My kids could add Italian to that list.

The difference is that any culturally specific holiday in the USA until lately have been part of that melting pot. Do the Irish go after people with American flags on St Patrick's day? Do Blacks go after people who wear the American flag on Kwanzaa? Do Jews go after anyone wearing the American flag on Hanuka?

Why the beef with Mexicans and the American flag in this situation? Isnt it their flag too?

LOL, "Salad bowl?" I guess there was a point in there somewhere eh? Good for you, you got some stars for this rant as well. There is just one little problem with your long winded nonsense about flying other countries flags...

...I never said anything about flying any flags so your argument is a pointless waste of space. Nice try though, I think.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoNAVYSeals
I honestly don't think he was born anywhere I think he was made in a lab and that lab was not an american one.

Are you serious?

My reason is if you can not show proof of birth through a birth certificate you have not been born you were made.

Do you know that people have been around long before anyone started certifying anything? Were people all made instead of born in the past?

Still waiting for one of you to explain why he would be asked for a birth certificate in Arizona to begin with.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProUSA
reply to post by ponyboyats

You can't assume that because she called him Kenyan means that she meant he was born in Kenya.

Just like we cant assume he's an American if his wife says he's Kenyan.

Maybe this other video will clear it up:

"when we took our trip to Africa and visited his home country in Kenya" - michelle obama

www.youtube.com...

Those obama-bots guessing coulda, shoulda woulda been this that or the other.. here is some clarity into m obamas context, her mind-set..

She calls his home country Kenya one day, and says he's Kenyan another.. when translated using "dear party leader" cranial douching software from the CIA, clearly, shes saying he's American... lmao

Hey wait a second!, he obama-promises he's American, his "home country" is the USA.. like he did with change & transparency... so it's gotta be true!

Either she is either consistently misunderstood or chronically stuck on stupid.

Totally hilarious, having this creep in office has turned out to be some quality entertainment. Gee, I hope it's not causing him too much stress.. yo berry, feeling frazzled bro?.. wouldn't the calming effect from a nice pack of unfiltered happy cigarettes taste yummy?.. washed down with a few shots of jagermeister and some big pharma sleeping meds?.. you so totally deserve it.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by K J Gunderson

gunderson what exactly is your point? your persistence in nullifying the man is obvious

like i said early on, lets call a spade a spade, lets speak truth in on what we see and here, not of what we think we hear or see, does that make sense to you?

its so blatant obvious that this man is keynan decent that a 2 year old can grasp this idea!
so lets move on with this dog and pony show shall we?

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by allprowolfy
reply to post by K J Gunderson

gunderson what exactly is your point?

What point? You have to be more specific. My posts have mostly been responses. If you are unsure how context and replies work, perhaps you have a post or quote you are curious about?

your persistence in nullifying the man is obvious

really? Who am I nullifying and how?

like i said early on, lets call a spade a spade, lets speak truth in on what we see and here, not of what we think we hear or see, does that make sense to you?

Sure does and that is all I have been doing. The birthers are the only ones guessing, making assumptions, and going off what they THINK of what they hear and see. Do you have something specific?

ts so blatant obvious that this man is keynan decent that a 2 year old can grasp this idea!

LMAO!!!!

Oh so then why are you having a such a hard time proving it? Why are you basing that on what you just told me not to use? Where is the proof? Where is any evidence? If it is so blatantly obvious then it should only take one post to prove it to almost anyone. What is the hold up?

so lets move on with this dog and pony show shall we?

Do not drink and post. What are you saying? Move on with it or from it? How do you propose to do either?

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join