It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tiny Filter Gives Cellphone Cameras X-Ray Vision

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
If you read comic books as a kid, I'm sure you ran across this ad at some point:

Those who forked out the cash would eventually receive this:

Which turned out to be nothing more than a blue feather sandwiched between two cardboard peep holes.
Looking through the feather you could see two slightly skewed and faint images of the object which when looking at an outstretched hand, one could detect what would appear as bones of the fingers where the 2 superimposed images meet.

Of course the girls in the playground didn't know this so it was off to the principals office.

Now it seems you can actually get true xray vision using a cellphone and an infrared filter. This thing will turn your cellphone into an airport security system.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Interesting, I found a story just this morning about a new device for cell-phones that could make them double as night vision. In time they also said that this mechanism could be used with eyeglasses.

UF engineering researcher: Cell phones could double as night vision devices

Nice find! S&F...seems in another 20 years our cell phones will be able to cook and clean for us too.

[edit on 5/5/2010 by UberL33t]

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
it removed a woman's clothing from a picture. they swapped the pics. if it worked, why did it leave her bra and panties on? If it worked, why didn't we see the dude in his skivvies?

that said, when video cameras first came out with night vision and infrared, if you used a filter on the lens, you did manage to get some "x-ray" shots. they changed the cameras once word got out.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
err i thought to get xray picture u needed xrays...I call this a hoax no way you can see a picture put on this filter and you can see what they are wearing underneath. Was the video posted on 1st Apr???

[edit on 5/5/2010 by loner007]

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
This has been around for years, it works best using a Sony Handycam with night vision mode. You just screw the filter in which only allows infra-red light through. It's wavelength allows the light to pass through some materials that normal light won't, effectively letting you see through. It's not really like the airport systems at all as they work using radio emissions in the Millimeter wave bands from what I remember. I know they had developed a passive system that picks up the body's natural emissions, though they may employ some sort of active system now. I haven't looked to be honest as I'm not planning to go to the airport.

Loads of info at this link:

www.x-raycameras.com...

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
it removed a woman's clothing from a picture. they swapped the pics. if it worked, why did it leave her bra and panties on? If it worked, why didn't we see the dude in his skivvies?

that said, when video cameras first came out with night vision and infrared, if you used a filter on the lens, you did manage to get some "x-ray" shots. they changed the cameras once word got out.

Yeah back in the day the sony handicams could be converted to use the nightshot mode in daylight.

Not true x-ray vision but depending on what people where wearing the IR would reflect back differently so you could see different materials as layers.

Also most ccd chips in webcams, cheap cameras etc. can be modified by removing the IR filter infront of it.. Cheapo night vision..

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Yeah I was thinking the same, it won't work on a picture, and certainly not that way.

Seems to be a viral for Kim Kardashian perhaps, or the same scam/trick in the old add the OP posted.

GM

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Swapping the image was my first thought too but he did say thin clothing.

I don't think it's a hoax, there might be some validity to this claim because here is another video that "reveals" something similar.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iwasas
This has been around for years, it works best using a Sony Handycam with night vision mode.

That's right.
I seem to remember Sony recall from several years back to replace a filter because the original filter had this xray capability.

Yep, her it is.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
if you go to the company's website, you'll find video that shows their filter in action, including some nudity for the pervs out there

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
if you go to the company's website, you'll find video that shows their filter in action, including some nudity for the pervs out there

And you have been to this website before?

I wish I had a few of those filters when I went to Area 51.

[edit on 5-5-2010 by Violater1]

top topics

join