It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Joe Lieberman bill would strip citizenship

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I'm with Karl, let's strip Joe Lieberman of his citizenship and send him back to Israel. Let's face it, if it means bombing Arabs and Persians Lieberman is for it. Right down to supporting McCain and Palin and their illegal immoral war.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
There have been a bunch of hair brained bills introduced over the years which have failed to gather any support from the rest of the congress . I really hope this is one of those bills .

If this thing ever passes both houses and signed by the Pres. we would be slipping farther away from concept our founding fathers envisioned . Who votes for this bill will be telling the whole nation I dont care about your rights or the constitution .

The ability for abuse is unknown till the bill is introduced . But I would guess there will be alot of room for abuse when talking about a department removing citizenship .

edit for spelling

[edit on 5-5-2010 by Lostinthedarkness]

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Hmmm...would this apply to the financial terrorists on Wall Street?

Dammit, stop tempting me!

Really, though, what an incredibly stupid idea. Obviously, Lieberman doesn't understand or believe in the Constitution, otherwise he'd recognize that his bill is precisely what the Constitution is designed to guard against.

Time to unplug Washington and reboot.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
lol, Lieb-bbb-bb-bbbbbbbb-bb-bermon....

This 'person' (unable to classify as either man nor as an American) - how did this sea sponge get into a position of power here in A--aaaaa-aaaa-a-aaamerica?

p--ppfff-fft...

While the Liebermon proposes this legislation on behalf of a recent 'terrorism' alledged to have taken place within and against the State of New York, the liebermon hypocritically proposes legislation that refuses a citizen of Amer--rrrr-rr-rrrr-rica the right to fight in another Country's military vs. allowing any who feel so compelled to do so to fight in the Israeli army - while continuing to maintain thier Am-mmmm-mmm-mmmerican citizenship.

oops, I guess that's because Joe Liebermen (dual personality issue) possesses a dual citizenship with American and Israeli interests combining in the form of the liebermon.

Since WHEN could a citizen of another Country hold office in A---aaaa-aaaaa-america? I find that a conflict of Interest all the way around, and find it irreprehensible that the Liebermoon (oops - ass is hanging out) has been granted the power to even get heard on a subject like this.

I guess it would take a true citizen to address the Liebubububermin's Constitutionality as a Senator, now wouldn't it?

I'm kinda curious - could an American Citizen file a Habeous Corpus to challenge the Constituionality of someones tenure as a Senator, based solely upon the foundation that his position is unconstitutional due to his having a citizenship of another country?....

Intriging....

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Under current UN policy, stripping anyone of their citizenship is STRONGLY frowned upon - in fact the UN has programs dedicated to (re)patriating the thousands of stateless persons and persons with threatened visas around the world. It has been a major goal for decades. Regardless your opinion of the UN and governments - and mine is probably worse yet - the policy is sound as the vast majority of stateless persons and others without solid citizenship are not in that situation by choice and it is a living nightmare.

But I guess that doesn't apply to people whom Joe suspects of being terrorists.

Not to mention that if we were to try to relinquish citizenship without having at minimum a visa for another country, our kindly nannies at the State Department would deny that request expressly to prevent us becoming stateless persons - as would virtually all other nations.

This terrorism circus is nonsense. Joe and his pals - the real terrorists - need a high-school civics lesson.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Let's find out what kind of a guy/rascal Joe Lieberman is.

Joe Lieberman is one of the triad authors who brought you Enron, World Comm, Adelphia, Global Crossing, Qwest, Waste Management etc,

accounting scandals.

[Chistopher Dodd & Billy Tauzin are the other two rascals]

All these arguers of let market forces discipline the market are the very ones robbing it of its existing organic self regulating forces,

ie. Shareholders [previous] right to sue legal & accounting firms complicit in corporate fraud.

Instead of accounting & legal firms telling corporations to behave honestly & legally
they were instead given effective impunity.
So they were ENCOURAGING CEOs to cook the books, fabricating 'offshore entities' to juggle the accounting & create completely fantastic, bogus accounting and pretend profits.

I think you all know the rest of that tragic tale.

Now this same 'good ole joe' wants to strip Citizens of their citizenship,

simply for being a SUSPECT?!?

All you have to do is get someone on suspicion of terrorism & they lose all their constitutional civil protections?

The reason the constitutional equality should be applied to all,
is because that way no one can say, 'you treated me different than everyone else, it was unfair.'

If it is all equal, then it is all fair.

It protects the legal system against back-biting, politics & second guessing.

It also fits with Innocent until PROVEN guilty, & NOT BEFORE.

Joe & many other Congress people need to read the constitution & quit violating it over & over for every political &/or hysterical reason out there.

As far as i am concerned Joe is a weasel-wart slimebag,
but you will have to make up your own minds on that one.

[edit on 5-5-2010 by slank]

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Interesting turn of events for Lieberman.

This guy must have some heavy dirt, if he can be pushed into a political corner like this.

Time for some new blood out with the old tyrants, in with the new patriots.

[edit on 5-5-2010 by TaxpayersUnleashed]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Get rid of their citizenship pretrial? Guess who Lieberman is really working for? But wait, does that mean they're going to deport all the Catholics (including the illegals)? Catholics are agents of a foreign power, the Vatican is a foreign country. The Catholics allegiance is to the Pope.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Once again the United States marches right in lock-step with Nazi Germany during the 1930s. It is so sad that people don't know their history as now we are doomed to repeat all of the same fatal mistakes made by the Germans 80 years ago.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join