It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Army finds times square bomber though his cell phone

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
wcbstv.com...

In the end, it was secret Army intelligence planes that did him in. Armed with his cell phone number, they circled the skies over the New York area, intercepting a call to Emirates Airlines reservations, before scrambling to catch him at John F. Kennedy International Airport. The charges he'll faces for allegedly planting the explosive-laden SUV in Times Square include an act of terrorism transcending national borders; attempted use of a weapon of mass destruction; use of a destructive device during the commission of another crime; and assorted explosive charges.

I think they actually used GPS and tracked him to the airport to see where he was going to go.
Is it legal for the army to even be doing this inside the USA?

[edit on 4-5-2010 by bluemooone2]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
why would it be illegal?

some people, if i gave them your phone number could do the same thing.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
People have been tracked before by their cell phones by the authorities. Why should now be any different? Technology is great isn't it? Just think, before cell phones he might have gotten away.......

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Im just not sure that army intelligence can do this in the states . Maybe so.
second line

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
lil bit of a one liner here.

But good.. This moron, wanted to kill us..

They also tracked him thru the sale of the SUV,

Not sure if I agree with the innocent until proven guilty deal were giving him, since I have faith in my Government, I hope he fries..

I am sure those would disagree, while the family with their two kids visiting the square would agree..

its no fluke we have the right guy..

to answer your question,,, Heck ya its legal!!!!!!!!

All I have to say is try it again!!!!!

I wanna see my American soldiers putting bullets in these morons who try to kill us...

Thats why we have soldiers to protect us!!

[edit on 4-5-2010 by Bicent76]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Why do we have the FBI, if the Military has to be involved in everything.

Sounds suspicious to me.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed

They. can turn on your cell phone's microphone and listen in to anyone speaking within it's range, EVEN if you shut the phone off. The FBI used this technique to listen in on the Mafia during a RICO case. You can take out the battery to thwart this.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemooone2
wcbstv.com...

In the end, it was secret Army intelligence planes that did him in. Armed with his cell phone number, they circled the skies over the New York area, intercepting a call to Emirates Airlines reservations, before scrambling to catch him at John F. Kennedy International Airport. The charges he'll faces for allegedly planting the explosive-laden SUV in Times Square include an act of terrorism transcending national borders; attempted use of a weapon of mass destruction; use of a destructive device during the commission of another crime; and assorted explosive charges.

I think they actually used GPS and tracked him to the airport to see where he was going to go.
Is it legal for the army to even be doing this inside the USA?

[edit on 4-5-2010 by bluemooone2]

This link:
wcbstv.com...
Doesn't mention the Army.. was the story changed?

Edit: trip out, the army part was edited out.. or censored.. dude here has a screen shot:

seminal.firedoglake.com...

UPDATE — 7:55 PM EDT —
As you’ll see in comments, the original story posted at WCBS has been, um, edited. I have a screenshot for you, though, of the story as it appeared approximately 6:25 p.m. this evening (you may need to right click on the image after opening to expand).

[edit on 5-5-2010 by GovtFlu]

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by GovtFlu

Indeed , they edited that part right out. Another thing of interest is that the most wanted man in the usa way able to get through airport security just fine.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 07:25 AM
link   
"Long live the unregistered prepaid sim cards!"

From the land of Nokia I can say that they can track you very effectively these days, and they does that every day - without any "US Air Forces" - what I think was just a hoax news to cover their real mobile phone tracking systems.

I havent use any other than Prepaids now for two years, and I also change my number one time every year. This network connection is also linked from unregistered sim card.

Not because I am terrorist - but I will not like the idea to government have my movements, emails, postings recorded for 4 yrs. I can choose, and I will have my records clear how ever I can.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   
I think mobile phones are used for more than just you talking, lol.

If the government target you they can get your brain freq from it, while you are using it.

Who the feck knows who is messing with humans all over the place using techs.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a lot of discrepancies in the stories that state how he was caught.

One said the teller allerted authorities after he paid with cash, which was "unusual".

Another said after he was put on the no fly list US customs caught his name while reviewing the list

Another said they were already tracking him and following him around all day

Now this one about the cell phone. The only way they couldve tracked him is if the cell phone had GPS and it was enabled. Other than that cell phones can only be tracked to the cell phone tower that is registering his signal, meaning if the airport has a cell phone antenna inside it, then his phone registered on that antenna and even then the antennas have a range of a couple of hundred feet or even miles depending on the range.

It def is possible but the media keeps spitting out many different reasons and "facts" it seems like eveyr day something changes for what they had previously reported.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Nowadays the military can do whatever the President and various officials want it to, Posse Comitatus is dead. If it still were in effect and if anyone cared - which mark my words, NO ONE does - any deployment of military forces within the borders of the US would require a declaration of martial law and activation of emergency war powers by Congress and the President. Now, however, this blatant violation of one of the most important protections afforded us by our founders is celebrated as a victory in the war on terror. It is - a victory in the war on terror against the US population by its government.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemooone2
reply to post by GovtFlu

Indeed , they edited that part right out. Another thing of interest is that the most wanted man in the usa way able to get through airport security just fine.

Yup, censored.. nice to know the US military is spying on Americans. A real reporter would have been allover this.

Oh well, just another fascist brick in the wall... might as well party.. lol

top topics

join