It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

flooding nashville

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
With the present oil spilling uncontrollable in the gulf is other important news being put to back burner why dont they tell it like it is everyday.

Has god hit the root of the smoke that ascends to corrupt ,both towns flooded are known for music,
Nashville seams to be hit bad .now im only saying as im not american but ? it concerns the world the gulf as the gulf stream reaches europe? weather and crops climate?,
well the flooding seams big in country town, also tornadoes in n west us this week .
so when you add Katrina ,blues music the crossroads story haunted ,voodoo new oreleans is a leader so is nashville,,
i think the main what burst is new york area but lost links.
well is the city of angels next, as regards the smoke that corrupts, for you these vids.

www.youtube.com...

OR are the elite ptb telling you something or is this an accident by weather man.

www.youtube.com...

i think if done on purpose he should be sacked ,the weather man i mean,

edition.cnn.com...

edition.cnn.com...

[edit on 5/4/2010 by dashar]

[edit on 5/4/2010 by dashar]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I just hope they get all the necessary help they need, and are not thrown into the forgotten file like many other things in this country.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Golithion

Yeah i agree Nashville is important , musically historically l. so why no big news??

I guess the gulf oil disaster rules the news , i think Nashville deserves pretty big world news???
people are flooded out of home and carnt move like new orleans, lots from what i can gather

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
LOL , I almost posted this myself. I learned about it same way that you did I think : The Red state Update Guys . Thats just sad . MSM sucks in soooo many ways.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemooone2

Yeah ,They say the grand old opri is flooded ,i seen pics of highways in nashville flooded and a stadium. im from uk but still thousands of homes,nashville is a place of world importance within the history music.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I live in NE Alabama and on Monday we received a fax at the hotel I work at asking how many rooms we would have available for anyone from TN that might be displaced b/c of flooding. We did the same thing with people displaced in LA a couple years ago b/c of hurricanes. Hopefully everything will be okay though!

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by dashar

"Has god hit the root of the smoke that ascends to corrupt?" What is that! Get a good shrink.
God loves Nashville and Honkey Tonks in general, I'm pretty sure.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
double post

[edit on 4-5-2010 by Leroy]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Well,I'll be kind since you admit that you are not an American.

Flooding is not just happening in the Nashville area of Tennessee.

The western area near Memphis on the Mississippi river,also had severe flooding.

www.commercialappeal.com... /side-roads-bridges-washed-out-in-tipton-county/

You can be pretty sure when there are heavy snows in the winter there will be floods in the spring.

It is funny how that works.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
A case of REVERSE racism in the media A predominately African American city in New Orleans goes under the news media is all over it and BUSH is a Raciest. A Predominately White City goes under water you have the sound of Crickets coming out of the White House and the media basically. But I guess it`s impossible for a Black President to Be Raciest....:Rollseyes:

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Oneolddude
Well,I'll be kind since you admit that you are not an American.

Flooding is not just happening in the Nashville area of Tennessee.

The western area near Memphis on the Mississippi river,also had severe flooding.

www.commercialappeal.com... /side-roads-bridges-washed-out-in-tipton-county/

You can be pretty sure when there are heavy snows in the winter there will be floods in the spring.

It is funny how that works.

Exactly here is an almost street by street boat Tour of the Flooding of My Home Town Dyersburg TN

Boat Tour of the Flooded area`s of Dyersburg TN

www.apageintime.org...

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by The_Reaper_Angel
A case of REVERSE racism in the media A predominately African American city in New Orleans goes under the news media is all over it and BUSH is a Raciest. A Predominately White City goes under water you have the sound of Crickets coming out of the White House and the media basically. But I guess it`s impossible for a Black President to Be Raciest....:Rollseyes:

I think the reason it didnt hit the national news is we didnt have groups of people huddled together not knowing what to do. We had Tennesseans helping others and not waiting for the feds to come save us. As a community we handled it and didnt stand around waiting for the government to send the guard. Ive never been so proud to live in a state where the people come together to help there neighbors in difficult times. Middle Tennessee will be recovering from this for at least a year but i have faith in the people that live here because we continue to try to provide help to flood victims.

I will say send a donation even 5.00 will help with displaced families. And even though national media considered it a non story that a flood hit this region the likes of which hasnt been seen in 500 yrs.Its going to be a long recovery even Opryland hotel is scheduled to reopen until October.

Now if you would like to donate i suggest here!
Flood Relief - Tennessee Emergency Response Fund

"The Community Foundation of Middle Tennessee responds in times of disaster to connect generosity with need and has activated the Tennessee Emergency Response Fund to support relief efforts throughout Middle Tennessee necessitated by the May 1, 2010 floods. Donations of any size are welcome. Grants from the fund will support relief and restoration in areas of Middle Tennessee affected by the floods."

www.cfmt.org...

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   

I think the reason it didnt hit the national news is we didnt have groups of people huddled together not knowing what to do. We had Tennesseans helping others and not waiting for the feds to come save us. As a community we handled it and didnt stand around waiting for the government to send the guard. Ive never been so proud to live in a state where the people come together to help there neighbors in difficult times.

Completely Agree ...That`s one of the reason I was so upset that the media did not and really HAS not covered this story. To show that self reliant spirit that that we here in the Volunteer State show compared to Nanny we need a "hand out" instead of "hand up" state of mind Louisiana showed during Katrina....Were we do not Pass Blame BUT fix the problem at hand.

top topics

join