It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global Mainstream Media Alters and Homogenizes Mankind's Perception

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Do you know Over-Centralized Global Mainstream Corporate media are actually Alters and Homogenizes mankind's perceptions(including perception of reality) all over the world because of the Globalization?

[edit on 4-5-2010 by masonicon]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Only as long as they have the peoples attention and that appears to be waning faster and faster.The telling thing is not what they report to the public but what they fail to report

[edit on 4-5-2010 by Bilder]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I find this quite true. for instance the Disney channels are having an adverse affect on the youth of the western world. I say this as over the years I have noticed that my little sister (predominantly white English usually well spoken.) has gained a rather unsightly American accent and seems to think that she is some sort of queen who deserves everything and she deserves it now. now you might say that all young girls act spoiled, however having seen certain programs on the Disney channel which I shall not name, I can see unmistakable similarities in her moods actions, accents and the way in which she treats others also the use of primarily American terms and language. I am by no means trying to attack the American accent or way of life, I am raising my issue about the sort of message that these programs are giving to Children. It is the same in the games industry and the animated industry. I have a 10 year old sister who watches Disney and a 12 year old step brother who plays violent games. He acts as though he deserves these games as if the violence in them is fine is natural as well as the language in them and doesn’t seem to understand what is wrong with them. I have also noticed whilst watching T.V he will watch an advert intently then immediately ask if he can have the product and that it is amazing and there is nothing else better. Whenever he asks me about it I tell him he is just being hypnotized by adverts, which he denies aggressively. The youth of today soon wont be able to think for themselves with tests just getting easier teachers Lazier and more powerless to do anything about these dissident children. In short media seems to be a stronger role model than any one person. The question is what is the media teaching our children and how will it affect them?

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
People all over the world have their perception of reality altered and Homogenized like this: Gods, Intelligent life in anywhere but earth, Cryptids, Sci-fi technologies and weaponry(not so mundane ones) like Perpetual Motion machines, Strong AI, and Directed Energy weapons, High-tech Ancient Civilizations, Most Conspiracy theories and secret societies, and just everything Paranormal and Supernatural are all but fiction while Natural Selection, Global Warming, Islamic Terrorism, Pandemics, and any mundane Disasters(including cataclysmic ones) are Very real facts

[edit on 14-5-2010 by masonicon]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Go with the flow.

Just like everything else in the watercloset.

Unless you have higher aspirations than being just another dog dropping.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
i think that media has more control over the world than any government.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by crimson tears shini
i think that media has more control over the world than any government.

Perhaps they are powerful enough to makes Pesudosciences into sciences and sciences into Pseudosciences

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 04:17 AM
link   
worrying really that profit driven media companies have more control than our cough cough moral governments.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by crimson tears shini
worrying really that profit driven media companies have more control than our cough cough moral governments.

They must be powerful enough to makes Aliens and UFOs, Life After Death, Free Energy, Lost Continents, Alternative medicine(especially when they are better than conventional medicine), gods, angels, demons, cryptids and legendary creatures, strong Artificial Intelligence, anything paranormal and supernatural, Intelligent Design, Ancient High-Tech Civilizations, and most conspiracy theories(including Jewish conspiracies and Masonic conspiracies), plus Any systems other than Globalist-Capitalist system, and any religions other than corporate materialism and atheism are all but Pseudoscience, superstition, Fantasy, and Science fiction that just for entertainments while making "humans are evolved from apes just for killing each other throughout much of the history for no reason whatsoever and always alone even until extinct from nothing but man-made Global Warming and other mundane and mediocre catastrophe like: Pandemics, supervolcano, asteroid impact, global earthquake, Megatsunami, gamma ray burst, and natural black hole approaching earth" as scientifically imminent reality and truth.

[edit on 27/5/2010 by masonicon]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
They say: "We're just giving people what they want"
I say: "People are just wanting what they are given"

ETA:
isopraxic, preservative, re-enactment, tropistic, and deceptive

[edit on 27/5/10 by ghostsoldier]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by ghostsoldier
They say: "We're just giving people what they want"
I say: "People are just wanting what they are given"

ETA:
isopraxic, preservative, re-enactment, tropistic, and deceptive

[edit on 27/5/10 by ghostsoldier]

What's the thing that are given to people?

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
tv shows you what it wants you to watch. tv is heavily censored especially in america. anime dubs and edits from japan are nothing like the dubs and edits. studio ghibli ended a contract with miramax because they edited there film so much that it had nothing to do with the original film they then re named the film and tried to pass it off as making it more marketable -_-. studio ghibli now has a strict no edits rule with all dubbing contracts they take out now as a result. one piece the series was massacred and the author of sailor moon ended the american airing of sailor moon when they edited it so badly and deleted certain episodes, and my favorite american b.s edit is naruto the worst voice acting i have ever heard.

top topics

join