It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

European Jews sign petition critical of Israel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   

European Jews sign petition critical of Israel

www.washingtonpost.com

More than 3,000 European Jews, including prominent intellectuals, have signed a petition speaking out against Israeli settlement policies and warning that systematic support for the Israeli government is dangerous.

The petition's signatories include French philosophers Bernard-Henri Levy and Alain Finkielkraut as well as Daniel Cohn-Bendit, a Greens leader in the European Parliament.

It adds that "systematic support of Israeli government policy is dangerous and does not serve the true inte
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
This is the site
www.jcall.eu...

Interesting, from holocaust survivors going on a hunger strike against Israeli policy to a european group of jewish people that include somewhat well known people.

The only issue less than somewhat have is this:

"These policies are morally and politically wrong and feed the unacceptable delegitimization process that Israel currently faces abroad," it says.

While it is true it just makes you wonder whether they wouldn't protest against the horrors against palestine if it was for condemnation from the international community.

However at the end of the day, i'm very much more happy about this than having a distaste for the initiative.
Just thinking out loud I guess.

But i'm sure that the majority of the people, since they are human beings, are in support of this for the right reasons.

Great, Sanity is slowwlllyyyyy coming back

www.washingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 2-5-2010 by ModernAcademia]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
"Israel" does not equal "jews." People need to realize that.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaytagg

I think the majority of people realize that
Except for the extremists

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
quite possibly ATS's most important thread
to our current issues.

S&F

we have to wonder, what motivations within
Israeli Gov are driving this hostile policy.

The Bible predicted that the Anti-Christ
could come into power in Israel (by some translations)
so I've been monitoring those policies with
that in mind. And those theories seem to
hold water in the current scheme. And this
petition seems to go along with that theory
as well.

Def something worth keeping an eye on.

nice find

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I have plenty of Jewish friends who detest the Israeli politics because it makes them look bad.

Anyone who seriously believes their settler policy is anything but racism fueled is following an illusion.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
I have plenty of Jewish friends who detest the Israeli politics because it makes them look bad.

Anyone who seriously believes their settler policy is anything but racism fueled is following an illusion.

If you think that Israeli politics look bad to other people, join the crowd.
It seems to be a major theme here in the US. And it doesn't matter if you
are Republican, Democrat or Independent or no beliefs at all, the average
American citizen is hated pretty much everywhere because of politics and unleadership. It isn't fair to the average Israeli OR American.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kaytagg
"Israel" does not equal "jews." People need to realize that.

Tell that to the people
that will shout Anti jewish if you say anything against Israel

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I dont see how it really matters that a lousy 3000 people signed a "petition". Who cares? If the US prez cannot get them to quit, what the heck are a bunch of signatures going to do? Nothing. Israel has every right to do what they please with their land. Are they out killing Muslims? NO. Are the Muslims out to kill them? Yes. I will always support Israel in whatever they choose to do.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
These Jews are all antisemitic.

No wait that doesn't fit...um...well, it's a radical concept but I guess one could be wise enough to be able to separate a governments' policies from her people.

So if that is true then I suppose maybe those who were critical of Israels' leadership on ATS in the past may not have just simply been antisemitic after all?

- Lee

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Thought I would bring back some light during a time of sadness

new topics

top topics

join