It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Scale of the Deepwater Disaster

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
A couple of good blogs and oil spill info here.

Images

http://(nolink)/2010/04/30/gulf-oil-spill-pics-photos-aerial-pics-satellite-images-graphs-gulf-oil-slick/

ocean currents

http://(nolink)/2010/04/30/oil-spill-hit-gulf-stream-east-coast/

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious
reply to post by trader21

No nukes! That would merely exacerbate the problem, But I do like your thinking.

How about a sub with non nuke torpedo?

Oh no, now I'm offering solutions....a dangerous thing.

I agree about the "nuke solution". For some reason that reminds me of the "exploding whale solution".

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Caught this on Huffington Post today:

GOLDMAN SACHS REVEALS IT SHORTED GULF OF MEXICO:

"One oil rig goes down and we're rolling in dough," Mr. Tourre wrote in one email. "Suck it, fishes and birdies!"

www.huffingtonpost.com...

God help us...

[edit on 3-5-2010 by circumpunct]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
what's worse is BP's lack of complete financial accountability. They're trying to go the Exxon-valdez way of only paying for half of the total damage. The American people don't wanna pay for a careless company's mistake!

that greeny, cleany sourcey of energy stuff sounds pretty good about now, huh?

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by circumpunct

Andy Borowitz is a satirist. I think that was meant as a joke. Albeit a sick one.

www.borowitzreport.com...

[edit on 3-5-2010 by kinda kurious]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I have a personal contact very very high in the management of one of the two companies involved... there is no suspected terrorism or anything else of that nature,,, its an accident most likely caused by underestimation the amount of pressure that came out of the well.

That being said, this is much much worse than the current reports are telling you. This will most likely bring down BP and TransOceanic... They are truly scared to death that they can not stop this well from leaking and the flow from the well head is increasing every day.

It may take a few years before the world wide impact of this disaster is truly felt.. right now it seems like someone else's problem, but I can promise you this.... this will affect every single person on this planet before its over with.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

Thanks! You've Text restored my faith in the human race!

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
wow, just goes to show how "smart" human beings really are, yea destroy yoursevles with your own stupidity lol

But i feel sad, for the earth, she is bleeding to death and humans are too blame, need to grow up, stop using oil (this was a symbolic event) meaning this is the "push" to make humans move to an alternate fuel scource...something other then "earth blood"

Anyway yea this event will be marked in history, and the people of this time forever cursed for thier igorance

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Can anyone confirm, or tie this together? If so wow... Possible war? "North Korea Involvement in oil spill" www.whatdoesitmean.com...

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ruishang

Sorcha Faal.

Disinfo agent, attention seeking narcissist, or maliciously intended psychopath.

It's bs.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   

I will be polite, most members won't:

Sorcha Faal is considered non-credible because there is no proof other than "reports circulating out of the Kremlin today" that her audience isn't allowed to see or something. This website is literally the masturbatory fantasies of a completely deluded person.

plus, she sells books at exorbitant rates. profiting off the "truth" makes your truth seem like a huge lie, you dig?

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I guess that's a huge relief...

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I definately refused to believe it, but i'm also not familiar at all with this person. It did seem extremely far fetched, but then again, look at what's happening now... Some hard to believe things are really happening in front of us. Thank you for the quick response though, quite an imagination this person has...

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   

indeed, and while you need to keep an open mind for a great deal of things on here, you need to make sure you don't get suckered into what you want to hear. good luck out here, mate.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by piddles
what's worse is BP's lack of complete financial accountability. They're trying to go the Exxon-valdez way of only paying for half of the total damage. The American people don't wanna pay for a careless company's mistake!

that greeny, cleany sourcey of energy stuff sounds pretty good about now, huh?

Just seen the BP CEO on the BBC saying they will foot the bill, but that it is'nt their fault. He blamed TransOceanic saying it was 'their staff, their equipment" vbut that BP would pay to avoid further catastrophe.

TransOceanic said it was too early to know who was to blame .......!

BBC report here news.bbc.co.uk...

[edit on 3-5-2010 by Wobbly Anomaly]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Americanist

I was listening to the radio last night. It seems a "cone" much like an inverted funnel is being build in LA and will be placed over the hole. Then they will harvest the oil from the cone.
We need lots of those oil eating bacteria. That option seems good to clean up wetland areas.
C2C also reported that all the water pumped onto the rig caused it to capsize and it would have been better to burn it off at the surface.
The water depth is a great problem. It's just hard to work that far down.
My son worked on the rigs until a couple of years ago. Glad he isn't out there anymore. I would be worried to death evey day.
Not to impune the diaster, but if Katla or Leta decided to blow (Iceland volcanoes) that seems like it would be worse for us humans. The oil spill is ecologically and economically horrible, but a volcanic eruption would kill many people. Just a few days of ash was dangerous for planes. Larger toxic ourburstes would certianly kill and cripple many humans.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Well I was at the EOC meeting today and was in on that Confrence call with BP. They are clueless. The Feds are the same.

I discussed at length the viscosity of the Crude was not as advertised. It is asphaltistic in nature. Which means the booms are almost useless. Add to that the use of Disperssants .... Criminal.

On June 3, 1979, PEMEX's Ixtoc IIxtoc I
Ixtoc I was an exploratory oil well in the Gulf of Mexico, about south of the U.S. state of Texas. On June 3, 1979, the well suffered a blowout and is recognized as the second largest oil spill in history....
exploratory oil well in the Gulf of Mexico, about 600 miles south of Texas, suffered a blowout and became the largest unintentional oil spillOil spill
An oil spill is the release of a liquid petroleum hydrocarbon into the environment due to human activity, and is a form of pollution. The term often refers to marine oil spills, where oil is released into the ocean or coastal waters...
in history.

Several months later they had Oil blobs the size of busses washing up on the TX coast.

The reason I post this is because this Crude Oil is very simular to that incident. We could see worse results.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   

so they are claiming to have responded to this since day one? they are claiming to have been on task on this situation? seems like we're STILL not doing anything about it right Now!

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by RickinVa
I have a personal contact very very high in the management of one of the two companies involved... there is no suspected terrorism or anything else of that nature,,, its an accident most likely caused by underestimation the amount of pressure that came out of the well.

That being said, this is much much worse than the current reports are telling you. This will most likely bring down BP and TransOceanic... They are truly scared to death that they can not stop this well from leaking and the flow from the well head is increasing every day.

It may take a few years before the world wide impact of this disaster is truly felt.. right now it seems like someone else's problem, but I can promise you this.... this will affect every single person on this planet before its over with.

Wow - that's huge. I think we all know this is going to be very, very bad and that the information the public is receiving is dramatically downplayed but even then, people must realize where this may be headed both in environmental and economical terms. The worst part, we may not be able to stop it.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I first heard about this disaster last week. It horrified me. What's more horrifying is how much is being leaked into the Gulf daily with still no end in sight.
What if something like this were to happen in one of the larger oceans?

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join